TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New hood fit and ready for paint

I fit my new hood and installed the pins today and I'm about to take my car in to have the srtipes painted and clear the whole car.

Didn't feel like going through all the hassles it would take to get the original right so I took the easy route. I also thought that I didn't have a problem with the paint under the pins but I was wrong , it was bubbled up right to the edge of the pins.

055.jpg

051.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fit my new hood and installed the pins today and I'm about to take my car in to have the srtipes painted and clear the whole car.

Didn't feel like going through all the hassles it would take to get the original right so I took the easy route. I also thought that I didn't have a problem with the paint under the pins but I was wrong , it was bubbled up right to the edge of the pins.

055.jpg

051.jpg

If that is what you like go for it... I see Cowl hoods and first thought is Chevy :finger: ... a Shelby GT without the hoodscoop just looks funny but then again to each his own

It's going to look great !! One thing that gets me crazy is how easy it is to scratch, I let a extension cord just lay against my fenders edge and you can see the scratches. I had to wet sand it out and been think of wet sanding down the whole car and shooting some shift changing clear on it.

055.jpg

051.jpg

That's going to look bitchin! Jeff has one of the baddest SGT's around. So it's only natural that it looks that way from the outside too. Can't wait to see the final pics. I've wondered for a long time what a cowl like Paul's would look like on a VB SGT.

Has anyone added exhaust vents to the stock hood leaving the scoop in place? That's an option I'm considering.

Everyones opinions and smartass comments are welcome... :)

Has anyone added exhaust vents to the stock hood leaving the scoop in place? That's an option I'm considering.

Dude have you been looking in my head again!! That's been in there for the longest time even thought of making them functional by attaching one of those electrical motors that are for exhaust cut outs.

One more idea use one of those motors to have your front plate vanish and if you get pulled over hit the switch and bam the plate comes out and now say are you sure my front plate isn't there mr policeman. Maybe you should check my back plate too when he does bam my truck monkey bitch slaps him with a rotten banana

NOW Get out of my head :angry22::confused:

you can buy the SS vents in the Shelby store and try :lurk:

If that is what you like go for it... I see Cowl hoods and first thought is Chevy :finger: ... a Shelby GT without the hoodscoop just looks funny but then again to each his own

I see your point, but on the other side of that argument is the fact that I paid a premium for what I consider to be substandard materials and poor quiality workmanship that would require me to jump through all kinds of hoops to get corrected with no guarantee that it would be done right on the first try , it pains me to say that but it is what it is. As for those who are willing to do whatever it takes to make it right and keep their car original, I applaud them for their efforts and a part of me still thinks that's what I should have done but I still don't think I should have to do it. I thought long and hard about losing the scoop but in the end what I would have to go through to keep my car in original condition was not worth the effort to me. I was sold on the cowl from the first time I saw it on Paul's car and Chevy never entered my mind, but like you said, to each his own.

..... but like you said, to each his own.

+1 on that !

My black and white Shelby is gonna go over like a ton of bricks and since I opted to paint the SHELBY GT/SC this time around that ain't gonna help.

Can't wait to see the painted photos

Take Care

Andrew

Decided to remove the stripes myself and save some money since my body shop can't fit my car in until the 19th and words can't describe what a huge PITA that was, the bumper covers were not that bad but the roof and trunk deck were unbelivable not to mention getting the double stick tape on the spoiler to let go. God help me, but the no stripe naked look is starting to look good to me.

I see your point, but on the other side of that argument is the fact that I paid a premium for what I consider to be substandard materials and poor quiality workmanship that would require me to jump through all kinds of hoops to get corrected with no guarantee that it would be done right on the first try , it pains me to say that but it is what it is. As for those who are willing to do whatever it takes to make it right and keep their car original, I applaud them for their efforts and a part of me still thinks that's what I should have done but I still don't think I should have to do it. I thought long and hard about losing the scoop but in the end what I would have to go through to keep my car in original condition was not worth the effort to me. I was sold on the cowl from the first time I saw it on Paul's car and Chevy never entered my mind, but like you said, to each his own.

The way I see it is you still have the original hood. In the end, if someone really needs that to be on the car AND you decide to sell it. You're set. Seems like a win win to me. The mod you want done right and the original in storage in case you sell it......

Go for it, it looks real nice on that Orangey-yellowy grabber color!hysterical.gif

This is a damn good idea!

It may look a little goofy, but since I have a functional hood scoop, I should probably have a means of exhausting that excess air out other than underneath the car for obvious reasons. Now that my hood needs to be replaced anyway, this would be a perfect time to experiment.

Jeff, when do you think you'll be done with your hood? I'm looking forward to more pics.

This is a damn good idea!

It may look a little goofy, but since I have a functional hood scoop, I should probably have a means of exhausting that excess air out other than underneath the car for obvious reasons. Now that my hood needs to be replaced anyway, this would be a perfect time to experiment.

Jeff, when do you think you'll be done with your hood? I'm looking forward to more pics.

Goes in on the 19th, should be done in a week.

SMS hood looks pretty good.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2009-s197-appearance-section/585578-sms-red-butterfly-hood-installed.html

I like the idea of sticking with Shelby vents....Hey Ken, we're thinking along the same lines again...:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived