TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2011 Owner from TX!

betashave

Hello All! I'm a new member from Bedford, TX with a brand new 2011 GT500, and this is my first post on the forum.

My Shelby: 2011 Kona Blue Metallic, SVT Performance Package, Electronics Package, Tape Stripe Delete

The pics:

P1000705.jpg

P1000709.jpg

P1000689.jpg

P1000716.jpg

P1000728.jpg

My story: I owned a 1999 white Mustang GT with charcoal black interior for 10 years. I bought it new and had lots of fun adding mods over time, including Magnaflow x-pipe and catback, 4.10 gears, 2001 Bullitt wheels, white gauges, MGW short-throw shifter and various interior accents.

stang389.jpg

In 2007, I bought a 2008 black loaded Corvette coupe with 2-tone cashmere/black interior. What I really wanted at the time was the new Shelby GT500, but refused to pay over MSRP, so I ended up buying the Vette instead. To me, the Vette had good looks, a terrific engine (LS3) and was a great value for the performance. However, I never connected with it like I did my Mustang.

Last year I sold my Mustang GT. It was beginning to endure some costly repairs, and I didn't have the space to properly keep all the cars my wife and I had acquired (we also had an Acura TL and a Tacoma). However, I have missed having a Mustang ever since.

So, I ordered my new Shelby GT500 on June 2nd. Fortunately, one of the sister dealerships to my dealer had one just like I ordered come in last week, and I was able to buy it instead (traded in the Vette). I've had the car since Wednesday last week, and couldn't be happier! This is easily the most amazing car I've EVER driven!

I won't bog down this post with an in-depth comparison of the Shelby to the Vette, but I will say that early impressions are that Ford has done just about every thing better, and the two cars had identical sticker prices when I bought them.

So I just wanted to say I'm glad to be "back in the saddle" and a part of this forum!

Thanks for the greetings guys!

Not to hijack but there are plenty of us in the Midcities that it would be great to gather some place one evening and put some faces with names.

Sounds good! Still getting used to this site, but I'll check in with the regional forums from time to time, and maybe you can PM me if you hear about a potential gathering.

Hello and Welcome back from a fellow Texan! :happy feet:

There are many great members out your way and I am sure you will love that beautiful car. If you have not had a chance, check out the register your Shelby thread near the top of the forums.

If I can be of any help, just ask.

David

Hey those wheels are absolutely HORRIBLE on that Kona Blue....... better trade me so your car will look better!!! :hysterical:

Awesome color, if it were me I would have gotten the Red Stripe :happy feet: Gorgeous car have fun. We need to do a Texas cruise in fall when weather cools a bit.

Welcome to the forum. I'm a few miles away in Flower Mound. There is also a Shelby club here, SCAT (Shelby Cobra Association of Texas) which has been around for 20 years and still going strong.

Congrats on the GT 500, and hopefully our paths will cross somewhere along the way.

Welcome to the forum. I'm a few miles away in Flower Mound. There is also a Shelby club here, SCAT (Shelby Cobra Association of Texas) which has been around for 20 years and still going strong.

Congrats on the GT 500, and hopefully our paths will cross somewhere along the way.

Archived