TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's finished :)

UK PONY

A phone call today revealed that the supercharger is on and the car is waiting for it's dyno session for a full setup but essentially the build is finished.

Here area few pics I took a couple of weekends ago when it came home from the paintshop;

DSC02213a.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

In addition to the Turn2 conversion I put on a few extra mods;

JBA Ceramic Coated Headers

Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft

Antenna Delete

Painted on Body Stripes with a 2" gap (should be a 1" gap but this is my nod to the classic Shelby's)

Agent 47 Retro Door Mirrors (had the mirror heads painted body colour with a stripe to match the main ones)

Shelby Engine Bay Dress Up Kit

Shelby Aluminum Battery Clamp

Shelby Map Light Trim Piece

UPR Cupholder Trim Piece

Action Artistry Door Mirror Control Bezel

CDC Washer Nozzle Relocation Kit

Shelby Fender Emblem (from a '67 - will be used as a grille emblem as I'm not too keen on the supplied lettering kit)

"CS Supercharged" Faux Gas Cap emblem insert (the kit came with the cheapest looking decal you can imagine and no way was it going on my car)

Shelby Aluminum Faux Gas Cap Trim Piece

Also a spare airbag cover is currently down at the foundation awaiting Carroll's autograph.

More pics of the build here;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=396541&id=832950149&l=e8047587bb

Dyno results;

Mustang Dynojet at Techmotion Chassis & Dyno Tuning in Calgary, AB.

RWHP 250

At first I was a little disappointed by that number until the tuner reminded me that a stock 4.6 3v GT Auto puts down 210RWHP on his machine and that my figures equated to 366HP at the crank :).

VERY NICE!! I showed my Fiance this photo of your CS and she was instantly sold! I've been trying to explain it to her by other photos and showing her other pictures of what I had invisioned for a future project for her. . . . . . She's NEVER been much of a car girl.

"I just don't get it - it's just a car. . . . " "Are you seriously going to wash it again?" "Are you kidding me. . . You don't drive it in the rain?!" were things that she often said.

Now - she wants to build a CS8 Convertible sometime in the next year or two. Most likely a Turn 1.

Again - your CS is awesome!! and thanks to you and your CS, I think I might have found a way to get my 2nd Shelby!!

VERY NICE!! I showed my Fiance this photo of your CS and she was instantly sold! I've been trying to explain it to her by other photos and showing her other pictures of what I had invisioned for a future project for her. . . . . . She's NEVER been much of a car girl.

"I just don't get it - it's just a car. . . . " "Are you seriously going to wash it again?" "Are you kidding me. . . You don't drive it in the rain?!" were things that she often said.

Now - she wants to build a CS8 Convertible sometime in the next year or two. Most likely a Turn 1.

Again - your CS is awesome!! and thanks to you and your CS, I think I might have found a way to get my 2nd Shelby!!

I'm glad my car swayed your fiance's decision, I've had similar comments from gf's past & present so I know what you were up against.

Your current ride is pretty sweet too so the CS8 vert should look great beside it.

I'm glad my car swayed your fiance's decision, I've had similar comments from gf's past & present so I know what you were up against.

Your current ride is pretty sweet too so the CS8 vert should look great beside it.

I saw your mechanic from zero to sixty driving it the other day......looks better in person!!

Please PM me and let me know where your got your paint work done.

I saw your mechanic from zero to sixty driving it the other day......looks better in person!!

Please PM me and let me know where your got your paint work done.

Thanks Larry, PM sent with paintshop info.

I had the vehicle appraised last night and I'm very pleased with the figure he put on it. Of course, as I bought the base car brand new back in '05, it's not quite as much as I have in the car but it's a good percentage of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Dyno results;

Mustang Dynojet at Techmotion Chassis & Dyno Tuning in Calgary, AB.

RWHP 250

At first I was a little disappointed by that number until the tuner reminded me that a stock 4.6 3v GT Auto puts down 210RWHP on his machine and that my figures equated to 366HP at the crank :).

the rule of thumb is + 15% for manual and + 20% for automatics however the 5R55S is very efficient so I use + 17% to calculate fwhp

If you have 250 rwhp and automatic it should be roughly 292.5 fwhp

the rule of thumb is + 15% for manual and + 20% for automatics however the 5R55S is very efficient so I use + 17% to calculate fwhp

If you have 250 rwhp and automatic it should be roughly 292.5 fwhp

On most dyno's you'd be right but the Mustang Dynojet is very hard on the numbers. Point in case being a stock Automatic 3v 4.6 Auto putting down 210rwhp on the same machine - the known output for that vehicle is, or should be very close to, 300hp.so a 33% loss.

As these dyno figures constantly create this exact same discussion I'll put it on a regular dyno some day to get the "real" rwhp # but based on your 17% theory it should be around 303rwhp.

Not trying to be argumentative, simply stating what the very experienced dyno tech was telling me,

Let's see how it looks under the hood. Congrats on the completed CS. It looks very nice.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found this on your Facebook page.

Thanks. The underhood shot shows that the rad cover is still MIA - alledgedly it's now on it's way here from ON so we'll see in a week or so if it actually makes it here :).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. The underhood shot shows that the rad cover is still MIA - alledgedly it's now on it's way here from ON so we'll see in a week or so if it actually makes it here :).

very nice ride you have,I just got none with a CS grille mod for my 2007 GT/CS ,that grille mod is a project all to its self,but I know it was befor I started it,I do like the look now .478055-R1-14-11A.jpg

478055-R1-14-11A.jpg

very nice ride you have,I just got none with a CS grille mod for my 2007 GT/CS ,that grille mod is a project all to its self,but I know it was befor I started it,I do like the look now .478055-R1-14-11A.jpg

Great build as well!!!

• 3 months later...

A phone call today revealed that the supercharger is on and the car is waiting for it's dyno session for a full setup but essentially the build is finished.

Here area few pics I took a couple of weekends ago when it came home from the paintshop;

DSC02213a.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

In addition to the Turn2 conversion I put on a few extra mods;

JBA Ceramic Coated Headers

Shaftmasters Aluminum Driveshaft

Antenna Delete

Painted on Body Stripes with a 2" gap (should be a 1" gap but this is my nod to the classic Shelby's)

Agent 47 Retro Door Mirrors (had the mirror heads painted body colour with a stripe to match the main ones)

Shelby Engine Bay Dress Up Kit

Shelby Aluminum Battery Clamp

Shelby Map Light Trim Piece

UPR Cupholder Trim Piece

Action Artistry Door Mirror Control Bezel

CDC Washer Nozzle Relocation Kit

Shelby Fender Emblem (from a '67 - will be used as a grille emblem as I'm not too keen on the supplied lettering kit)

"CS Supercharged" Faux Gas Cap emblem insert (the kit came with the cheapest looking decal you can imagine and no way was it going on my car)

Shelby Aluminum Faux Gas Cap Trim Piece

Also a spare airbag cover is currently down at the foundation awaiting Carroll's autograph.

More pics of the build here;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=396541&id=832950149&l=e8047587bb

Awesome car- nice job.

very nice ride you have,I just got none with a CS grille mod for my 2007 GT/CS ,that grille mod is a project all to its self,but I know it was befor I started it,I do like the look now .post-12534-128003884049_thumb.jpg

I think your car looks fantastic. Very slick but subdued. Nice Job. :dance:

I just noticed that one of my pics disappeared so thought I'd add a few new ones taken with my '05 Mustang Coupe, also a sixer and also Sonic Blue;

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

Found the missing pic too;

DSC02213a-1.jpg

I just noticed that one of my pics disappeared so thought I'd add a few new ones taken with my '05 Mustang Coupe, also a sixer and also Sonic Blue;

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

DSC_0408.jpg

Found the missing pic too;

DSC02213a-1.jpg

hey ,what size tires do you have on this fine ride of yours, :lurk: ,and or those 20's.

Archived