TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front License Plate

shelbypt

Living in New York, we have to mount a front license plate on our cars and I've been driving mine for a year without mounting it, and I never will screw a license plate frame into the front bumper. Yes, I did get pulled over once just for not having a plate on the front. I've seen many solutions to this with the remote license plate bracket that comes up from underneath the front fascia, the manual hide away bracket, but I didn't want that at this time. So, I attached two bungie cords to the back of my front plate using tie wraps. The bungie cords were a little long so I tied two knots in the middle to make the cord shorter, so you wouldn't see it sticking out from the side of the license plate.

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

Once the bungies are attached, you just hook it up to your grill, easy on and off. Now, this is only a temporary solution and not for every day driving because it blocks air flow, but if you know your getting ready to drive through an area that the cops like to hang out in, put it on and then take it off.

IMG_4895.jpg

Living in New York, we have to mount a front license plate on our cars and I've been driving mine for a year without mounting it, and I never will screw a license plate frame into the front bumper. Yes, I did get pulled over once just for not having a plate on the front. I've seen many solutions to this with the remote license plate bracket that comes up from underneath the front fascia, the manual hide away bracket, but I didn't want that at this time. So, I attached two bungie cords to the back of my front plate using tie wraps. The bungie cords were a little long so I tied two knots in the middle to make the cord shorter, so you wouldn't see it sticking out from the side of the license plate.

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

Once the bungies are attached, you just hook it up to your grill, easy on and off. Now, this is only a temporary solution and not for every day driving because it blocks air flow, but if you know your getting ready to drive through an area that the cops like to hang out in, put it on and then take it off.

IMG_4895.jpg

First off my fellow NY er please tell me thats a joke with your kids helmet !!! I think I said this before only in the city you would get a ticket. It would be from a ticket agent. Any other than that is being a tool or just jealous of your wheels, I have been pulled over 3 times by NY state troopers for other than my plate. Even a new inexperienced rookie trooper didn't say anything of my plate but he was to busy pointing out that he has seen me around hang on the corner (dealer). Even after he saw my ID. The new bred of cops are clueless about 80 %. I would never waste the energy of getting off my butt out of my patrol car for a front plate unless needing a reason for a car stop and the guy looks dirty. That a equipment voilation easy out is getting a reciept for a new front plate frame or a reciept from a body shop. Thats why, I like living in small towns the cops don't bother you for stuff like that but they do bust the ricers all the time. I laugh my butt off.

I tried a similar attachment here in Mass. I went to 3 different inspection stations and they wouldn't even inspect the car.

They all said the same thing "that is not a permanent attachment". I finally had a friend at work weld me up a bracket out

of stainless steel flat stock and temporarily mounted it to the underside of the fascia where no holes would show.

Once I get the sticker it comes right back off. Never been pulled over for not havingit on ,yet.

Don

We have one that mounts thru the holes in the lower facia. No drilling is required and it can be mounted pretty much anywhere you would like and removed as desired. I don't have the link here but will send it tomorrow. We used it on both the GT and the KR and works great.

The link to the bracket that we used is below:

www.ccmustangbrackets.com

Mike & Donna

I prefer to make the occasional "donation" to the local court rather than attach the front plate. State of California needs the money anyway.hysterical.gif

Now SVT NAJA is speak my language a nice donation goes a long way my father taught me that. I grease my garbage guy he will pick up anything that's at the curb their could be someone in a rug and he will take it. and if the trash isn't out he will go and get it :hysterical: I grease everyone so much better service. My father would tip the waiter ahead of time and the service is great and they remember you. I always leave a nice tip my wife gets mad but when we walk into the same resturant they take care of you right away. When a repair person anyone does work on my house and even mechanic in the dealer get a nice tip ahead of time. But if they still do a shit job they get an ear full and if they get in trouble. I don't feel bad .

The funniest ever was when getting married we were late for the practice at the church. The priest was mad and went on and on about being late. We were 5min late he was going to cancel the practice run so, I told my give him a nice donation. Well he was all smiles in a matter of minutes.

We have one that mounts thru the holes in the lower facia. No drilling is required and it can be mounted pretty much anywhere you would like and removed as desired. I don't have the link here but will send it tomorrow. We used it on both the GT and the KR and works great.

The link to the bracket that we used is below:

www.ccmustangbrackets.com

Mike & Donna

Do you have a picture of this on a KR? I like this one and the trailer builders bracket. Just don't want to drill holes in my CF fascia.

Now SVT NAJA is speak my language a nice donation goes a long way my father taught me that. I grease my garbage guy he will pick up anything that's at the curb their could be someone in a rug and he will take it. and if the trash isn't out he will go and get it :hysterical: I grease everyone so much better service. My father would tip the waiter ahead of time and the service is great and they remember you. I always leave a nice tip my wife gets mad but when we walk into the same resturant they take care of you right away. When a repair person anyone does work on my house and even mechanic in the dealer get a nice tip ahead of time. But if they still do a shit job they get an ear full and if they get in trouble. I don't feel bad .

The funniest ever was when getting married we were late for the practice at the church. The priest was mad and went on and on about being late. We were 5min late he was going to cancel the practice run so, I told my give him a nice donation. Well he was all smiles in a matter of minutes.

My daughter was making a fashin statement by wearing her helmet backwards. Girls and there fashion statements :doh:

I have not uploaded pictures before so it took a while to figure it out. If you would like others, let me know

There is no drilling required. There is a plate that is inserted behind the facia and the front part of the bracket screws into this. The entire bracket can be slide side to side or up and down to center the plate and bracket.

Mike

Kr Front Plate 1A.jpg

Kr Front Plate 2A.jpg

Kr Front Plate 1A.jpg

Kr Front Plate 2A.jpg

I have not uploaded pictures before so it took a while to figure it out. If you would like others, let me know

There is not drilling required. There is a plate that is inserted behind the facia and the front part of the bracket screws into this. The entire bracket can be slide side to side or up and down to center the plate and bracket.

Mike

Thanks thats a nice set up

My daughter was making a fashin statement by wearing her helmet backwards. Girls and there fashion statements :doh:

Sorry, I had to point that out but thats one thing that gets me going. I would see kids with there parents and the helmet is backwards and would point it out to them. They would look at me like I was crazy (yes) or the helmet is on the right way but the straps are hanging loose. I think my peeve comes from all my head trauma as a kid :hysterical:

There is not drilling required. There is a plate that is inserted behind the facia and the front part of the bracket screws into this. The entire bracket can be slide side to side or up and down to center the plate and bracket.

Mike

No offense Mike, but get out there and wash that car! :finger: There's bug guts and dirt everywhere. This is what the grille looks like cleaned.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

I would never put the tag on. Nor in the dash. Had my car 18 months and been pulled over 5 times (but who's counting! No tickets that count... :dance: ) never had a cop mention the tag.

I know. I know. We didn't get back early enough Sunday night to wash her down and I didn't want to make anyone wait for the pictures. Don't worry, she will be sparkling again in no time. :salute:

There is no drilling required. There is a plate that is inserted behind the facia and the front part of the bracket screws into this. The entire bracket can be slide side to side or up and down to center the plate and bracket.

Mike

Thanks for the pics, nice set up. There needs to be a cushion between the back of the plate and the front bumper so it doesn't get scratched. And thanks for the speediness of your posts, dirty grill and all :-)

There is actually more distance between the posts and the bumper than it looks in the picture. The V on the bumper is between the two posts. The bracket has been on the GT for over three years without any scratchs. Same on the KR except the bracket has only been on for the past year. Applying some sort of rubberized tape to the back of the posts would be a good precaution though.

I know. I know. We didn't get back early enough Sunday night to wash her down and I didn't want to make anyone wait for the pictures. Don't worry, she will be sparkling again in no time. :salute:

Just teasing... I know it will be sparkling soon. Post more pics!

I like that set up. I've looked at it. Just haven't bought it yet. Thought it would be a good idea to have one in the trunk. :doh:

Archived