TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'11 GT or '07-'09 GT500???

judgeman6970

a friend of mine is thinking about a new GT....and it got me thinking, since a new GT "premium" with a stick and a few other "must have" options will go for around $36-38k, doesnt a low-mile/garaged 500+ hp GT500 seem like an even better deal?? I've seen more than a few "for sale" for the same(or less) $$$$....thoughts?? :headscratch:

Interesting dilema, I would go for the New one, it is so much nicer in many ways. The GT500 is nice, but I am not sure I would buy a used one, plus I do not like the look 2007-2009 GT500 stock, that is just me. I think with some mods it looks great, need to get rid of the 4X4 look first, then the wheels.

The 2011 is just as fast to most drivers and will certainly handle better stock vs stock, the interior is light years ahead of the earlier cars.

I would go Kona Blue 2011 myself.

Tough choice you got....Personally....I would go with the GT500, but that's just because we already have a GT sitting in the garage.

I don't know, just depends on what you prefer.

I'd go new GT without a doubt. I think if you put the two cars together, both bone stock, the new GT would best the GT500 in almost every way. I also think that $ for $ the new GT will respond better to mods.

Evolution is already running high 10's with just a handful of mods (yes, including 100 shot of nitrous).

How much would you have to put into a GT500 to get high 10's?

The '11 GT also has the advantage on a road course with its lighter front end.

Of course, you really can't go wrong with either and if you can find a low milage GT500 for low 30's (they are out there) then thats hard to pass up.

Thats a tough ?. I would buy the GT500 BUT it is ALL up to you.Its what you like and what you can live with. You can either own a GT or you can own a GT500 SHELBY happy%20feet.gifhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500-Cobra-SVT-2260-Miles-/110536048608?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19bc763fe0#v4-37

Make sure you post some pictures of what ever you decide to get.

I would go for the GT - more advanced in several ways, newer and very powerful hi-tech engine - plus I wouldn't want a GT500 now unless I could do the 2011 w/ the aluminum block, or unless it was a KR for a great deal.....

• 2 years later...

It also depends on what you are buying it for, HP or comfort.

My wife and I have a 2006 GT convertible (auto) and a 2007 GT500 (6 speed) convertible. The GT is hers (was mine before the Shelby) and the GT500 is mine.

The GT rides much better and for trips/vacation is "easily" to drive. We took the Shelby this year to Asheville, NC for vacation and it was fun, but a month later we had to go to SC for business and took the GT.

The vacation was to go to a show and drive the "mountain roads", the business trip was to get up, do a meeting and come home.

Mileage, comfort and transmission, I prefer the GT, performance Shelby all the way....

EDIT: Grammer

Archived