TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White and Black

Well I have some old parts I am thinking about keeping and putting on the new White Shelby

The SHR Louvers are black and since the window is pretty dark wonder how the black louvers would look.

The Agent 47 mirrors since the stock ones are black too

Thinking the fuel door and the Shelby Black hood pins as well

web.jpg

hmmm

Andrew

PS this is an appearance mod and absolutely nothing technical nor any claims of expertise are being suggested or offered !

Dig the Agent 47 mirrors. I have been thinking about the same thing for my White Shelby. Not sure how hard it would be to put on. My skill is medicine not mech. skills... So, for me, if I do it; it's pay the piper. Doc :salute:

The mirrors are awesome and my body shop put them on for me for $50 but i think they are pretty straight forward here is a link to getting them changed.

Take Care

Andrew

I would definitely put some black parts on that white SGT just to speed it up!!!! :hysterical:

Agent 47 Mirrors are on thanks to a very helpful 10 year old daughter !

web.jpg

web.jpg

Also got the shorty antenna on and the SHR Black door pockets, e-brake handle and window switch plates,

Ordering the Shelby Performance Black Billet Hood Pin Kit from Lethal tonight !

Take Care

Andrew

The mirrors look awesome! I think the hood pin bases will look sweet in black too.

Thanks, I just noticed I need to straighten the antenna I guess it got bent in the crash.

Now i am wondering how black door handles might look ???

Thanks again

Andrew

Andrew, do you have any shots of your car w/ the Agent 47 mirrors taken from a distance?

Here are some shots and I also swapped out the SHR fuel door and the sequential tail lights with the satin chrome trim

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I am thinking back door handles...

Take Care

Andrew

Here are some shots and I also swapped out the SHR fuel door and the sequential tail lights with the satin chrome trim

I am thinking back door handles...

Take Care

Andrew

I think:

No on door handles, no, no, no!

Yes on sequentials

Yes on hood pins

Yes on fuel door

No on everything else

I think:

No on door handles, no, no, no!

Yes on sequentials

Yes on hood pins

Yes on fuel door

No on everything else

I am sold on the NO black door handles !!!1

But............the black SHR louvers (vs white) are a serious thought !!!

Andrew

I am sold on the NO black door handles !!!1

But............the black SHR louvers (vs white) are a serious thought !!!

Andrew

I think by using the black SHR louvers, it would look stealthy, but I like the idea of them matching the body color like they did back in the old days....I'm dying to get a set for my Vista Blue SGT, just can't afford them right now since I'm still out of work for over a year now!

I just think if you want people to notice them, get White replacements...if you want Stealthy, use the Black ones...but I'm sure someone would love to have a set of Black ones should you decide to sell them...

Carl

I think by using the black SHR louvers, it would look stealthy, but I like the idea of them matching the body color like they did back in the old days....I'm dying to get a set for my Vista Blue SGT, just can't afford them right now since I'm still out of work for over a year now!

I just think if you want people to notice them, get White replacements...if you want Stealthy, use the Black ones...but I'm sure someone would love to have a set of Black ones should you decide to sell them...

Carl

Hmmmmmmmm

White

web.jpg

or

Black

web.jpg

I'm liking the black !

Andrew

Hmmmmmmmm

White

web.jpg

or

Black

web.jpg

I'm liking the black !

Andrew

Awwww, come on now Andrew....just go ahead and paint it all Black....and be done with it....LOL You'll be happy then!

OMG, Andrew is into CROSS-DRESSING !! :hysterical:

Guess you can post in both the White and the Black SGT threads!

Best of both worlds, eh Andrew?

Sam

Exactly what I was thinking I can start a W&B SGT thread !

I may even make that my license plate W&B SGT (once I get the title work done) !!!!

Hey I live in Asheville and we take all kinds here !

Thanks

Andrew

I personally like the black hood pins and i had a black fuel door but after about a month is was black-ish...now it's just a nice gunmetal. it was one of the 1st ones shelby shipped in from China and faded really bad...but now the color is one of a kind so i left it on there.

I bet our cars could see each other as they were getting built (#4619).

I personally like the black hood pins and i had a black fuel door but after about a month is was black-ish...now it's just a nice gunmetal. it was one of the 1st ones shelby shipped in from China and faded really bad...but now the color is one of a kind so i left it on there.

I bet our cars could see each other as they were getting built (#4619).

Yeah go with Silver Horse Racing stuff made in Florida !!!!

only 4 numbers apart !

I will put on the black hood pins this weekend along with the clear turn signals, got the clear rear side markers on last night.

Take Care,

Andrew

I vote no on any 1/4 window covers. I use mine all the time to check my blind spot.

+1 on the No block out idea. I have louvers on mine and they work well. They add a little of the "old school" look, help to block the 1/4 windows, and still offer the ability to see when checking blind spots. So, I would suggest that you look around and find some louvers that you like and get them instead. Just a thought.

+1 on the No block out idea. I have louvers on mine and they work well. They add a little of the "old school" look, help to block the 1/4 windows, and still offer the ability to see when checking blind spots. So, I would suggest that you look around and find some louvers that you like and get them instead. Just a thought.

That was just Photoshop, so I could see the visual contrast.

These are coming out of my black totaled Shelby and into the new white Shelby

web.jpg

They are Silver Horse Racing Lexan total replacements not covers.

Thanks

Andrew

Andrew...I have some wheels you may be interested in.

Originally a Ford Racing offering (M--1007-M188P), they were used as a production line wheel on the 2003/2004 Mercury Marauders, and later became an "upgrade" offering on the 2005-2009 Mustang GT at the point of purchase. This may have wiped out the inventory on hand.

Nice wheels, if the eye appeal suits you. Excellent wheels if you want to carve corners, none better. 18X8", 4.5" bolt circle, 6.295 back spacing, 50mm offset, with center caps, lug nuts and TPMS sensors included. A perfect fit on the SGT.

Full Alcoa forged aluminum wheels, powder coated black spokes with high polish rims/lips. Wish I had a pic to post, but I can say that from a distance of 3 feet or more, they appear to be identical to the stock SGT wheels as they came on the black editions. BTW...The stock wheels are not forged, but cast, and this is important to anyone who is into high speed twisties.

These wheels will accept up to a 265 wide tire with no issues, but I suggest you consider a conservative profile of 255 wide.

I have five (5) wheels, with TPMS sensors, bands, lug nuts and center caps (not Shelby) for four of them.

I drove LuLu over a year on these wheels and I can attest to their mechanical performance. They also look very good on any SGT.

100 bucks a wheel, and you pay shipping, which may be a deal breaker in today's financial climate.

Wheels are in mint condition and ready for install..

Call me at 312.401.1396 if you are interested.

Archived