TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forgestar F14 Wheels - Matte Black - 20x11 & 20x9

TX STIG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't help but think as I froth at those photos....

- a bit more rear drop

- side stripes gone, the rest of them need to go as well

- the wheels are a peek at what the optional 2011units will look like, only better:)

I'd be prodding Steve at True Forged wheels for a powder coated, machined billet, custom hood vent to replace the plastic factory stocker. He's considering a run for '10-'11 500's and I think they'd absolutely set that car off. This is the '07-'09 run and here's the '03-'04 Cobra vents he did that way (from here).

Nice work.

Tob

I can't help but think as I froth at those photos....

- a bit more rear drop

- side stripes gone, the rest of them need to go as well

- the wheels are a peek at what the optional 2011units will look like, only better:)

I'd be prodding Steve at True Forged wheels for a powder coated, machined billet, custom hood vent to replace the plastic factory stocker. He's considering a run for '10-'11 500's and I think they'd absolutely set that car off. This is the '07-'09 run and here's the '03-'04 Cobra vents he did that way (from here).

Nice work.

Tob

Yes, the car does sit up a full inch higher than stock. It has the appearance of being lowered in the fender wells because there's also an additional inch filling in the void. I agree a slight rear drop would look good, but I think I'm going to keep it like this for better real-world clearance. I'm still a little nervous about what will happen if I hit that HUGE bump and I no longer have a bump stop bracket???

Let me know when those hood vents come out. I've been considering the carbon version as well.

Car looks awesome. The wheels/tires look great. I also like the SHELBY in the lower grill, as well as the stripe removal on the sides while keeping the GT500- very unique and done with good taste.

I was wondering how well the SHELBY logo would show up once I got the front end of the car put back together. With it on jack stands in the garage for nearly 2.5 months I couldn't get very far in front of the car to see how it would turn out. It's fairly subtle, which is exactly what I wanted. A local sign shop (left unnamed at the advice of another member due to licensing issues) laser-cut the SHELBY template and also made my custom GT500 decals in vinyl. If anybody wants a set I can probably get more made dirt cheap, I just need to make sure he still has the graphic saved in his system to avoid the initial setup fee.

You may as well post the BS numbers in HUGE font, italicized, in a shade of neon pink. You'll be asked that question until the end of time...

Hindsight, I admit, but couldn't you have simply trimmed off the triangulated portion of the bumpstop plate that you cut off (the portion that encircled the oval hole)? You'd still have that 1/8" of plate running vertically, but most all of the structural integrity would still be there.

Tob

Yes, the car does sit up a full inch higher than stock. It has the appearance of being lowered in the fender wells because there's also an additional inch filling in the void. I agree a slight rear drop would look good, but I think I'm going to keep it like this for better real-world clearance. I'm still a little nervous about what will happen if I hit that HUGE bump and I no longer have a bump stop bracket???

Let me know when those hood vents come out. I've been considering the carbon version as well.

Ya had to remove the bump stops for 20x11's? Sounds like another difference with the the 2010s, as I've only read of that being needed on the 07-09's if ya go to 11.75" wide. Good to know.

The S H E L B Y shows up great through the grill. Will be even better if you can get a friend to confirm it shows up their rear view mirror from a car driving in front of ya.

Looks fantastic! I really like those wheels. In your other post you said the backspacing was 53, was that MM? That would only convert to 2.08 inches. It should be something like 8". Backspacing is the distance between the face of the wheel that contacts the rotor to the inside wheel edge. https://www.r ing.com/tech-wheel.html

no..........that was offset.........converted to b.s. was 8.08 or something close to that

Huh? you still have bump stops.........they hit the at the bottom nothing to do with the side plates which you ground off.

Ya had to remove the bump stops for 20x11's? Sounds like another difference with the the 2010s, as I've only read of that being needed on the 07-09's if ya go to 11.75" wide. Good to know.

The S H E L B Y shows up great through the grill. Will be even better if you can get a friend to confirm it shows up their rear view mirror from a car driving in front of ya.

no dfference. 07-09 and 2010 rear diffs same width..........only the rear quarter panels look different.

Huh? you still have bump stops.........they hit the at the bottom nothing to do with the side plates which you ground off.

Maybe I'm not using the correct terminology, but I thought the bump stop bracket (meaning the piece I cut off) is what you're calling the side plates. I thought it was these side plates that mate up with the large rubber bumper on top of the axle in the event of bottoming out the rear suspension??

Whatever the case, I'm 95% confident they had to come off. When I was mounting the wheels I used a piece of paper to slide between the back of the tire and the bracket and dust cover. On the left side the paper would slide through, but it wouldn't on the right side. This means the panhard bar needs to be adjusted about an 1/8 - 1/4". Maybe...maybe...everything would have been OK once the car was taken off the jack stands, but I didn't want to take a chance of that bracket hitting the inside rim edge and bending something. Leaving the spring height stock (maybe upgrade the shocks someday) I'm hoping I won't have any bottoming-out issues.

Dude, your car is hot. I'm not a fan of matte black wheels, but your car is sexy.

What do you think of the same wheels in brushed titanium, 19" in front and 20" in the rear? Tires would be $$$ though. Wheels as well I'm sure.

I think these wheels will look great in any finish. They have a Lambo pictured with the finish I think you're talking about. Check it out for yourself on their website...

http://www.forgestar.com/v1/home.php

Great looking wheels! Where did you get them...and how much, if you don't mind me asking.....I am loving that look!

I'm on the iPhone right now at a Rangers game, but I think it's www.forgestar.com

They ran $425 per front and $450 per rear and $300 for powder coat. Not sure what shipping ran, probably $60-$100.

no..........that was offset.........converted to b.s. was 8.08 or something close to that

So then if that was the offset, 53mm = 2.08 inches + 5.5 inches (centerline), then the backspace would be 7.586 inches, right? Sorry just trying to understand why he had to cut the bumpstop brackets with 11" wheels and 315 tires. I guess it has something to do with the 2010 model.

Archived