TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

I spoke with John (Farmdog) this afternoon and we're working on setting up a Pay-pal account for these stickers. They would sell for $20 a piece, and are almost 100% profit thanks to John.

Here are the 2 ideas I came up with. Please vote for the one you like best.

Decals are apx 3.5" x 5"

A.

32720698.jpg

B.

24980785.jpg

I like "B". :superhero:

It seems to stick out bolder to me.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote is for "A" as well. Let me say this from someone who is in the military as well though: I think his rank and branch of service should be on the decal as well. He AND his family spent many, many years earning his time in the military. He was wearing his rank when he made the ultimate sacrifice.

Regardless of which way it goes....I am in.

Semper Fi,

ck

As a prior military service man I agree.

My vote is for "A" as well. Let me say this from someone who is in the military as well though: I think his rank and branch of service should be on the decal as well. He AND his family spent many, many years earning his time in the military. He was wearing his rank when he made the ultimate sacrifice.

Semper Fi,

ck

+1

Semper Fi,

ck

I agree. I'll try and contact his son again to find out this info.

Brett, although I am not a US citizen. I am strongly connected to your country. At May 4 our Remembrance Day we think about all the fallen heroes of WWII, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan. At the two minute silence at 8 PM I especially thought about your father too. As a respect we have the flag on half pole. Mark, you will be remembered by me like the two Dutch Marines that drove on an IED last week. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.

I vote for decal A.

IMG_2165.jpg

I agree with A too...

Thank you Brett for sharing your Story with us. I had the honor to talk with your Dad at Rob's last year, Hope to see you this year, and so sorry for your loss.

Alex

Thank you Brett for sharing with us the details.

A Hero then, a Hero now, a Hero forever..........because a Hero never dies, they live forever.

+1 He is a true HERO!! Our prayers are with you all!!

Semper Fi,

ck

We vote "A" here also, just let us know how to order?? In either case, we will support this!!

Very good idea and his Legend will live on............. :salute:

I vote sticker A as well.

Brett - thanks so much for sharing what must be so difficult. My condolences to you and your family for your father's sacrifice. And Thank You for your service to our country.

+1

I vote for A...... Just post up a link where to purchase one.

If it's any help with his rank and branch information I got this off the Tacoma - Seattle news website.....

Mark Coleman, 40, a master sergeant with the Army’s 1st Special Forces Group stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, died Sunday in Afghanistan. Coleman grew up in Goldendale, Wash., and was a 22-year veteran of the military.

Alright, here is "A" with Mark's rank added. Hopefully within the next few days we'll have a Pay-Pal account set up and can start shipping these out.

55041984.jpg

I'm also working on a design for a T-shirt for the 4th Annual Pacific Northwest Meet & Greet. The shirt will have a Meet and Greet design on the front with this same memorial picture on the back. These also will be sold with all profits going to the Coleman Family. I should have something finalized by tonight.

"A" with rank included. I will purchase as soon as available.

Brett - I am so very sorry to hear of your Father's passing. My thoughts and prayers to you, your Mom, your Sister and also your extended family and friends. Words cannot describe the feelings that so many of us feel because of either our military service or that of our parents, siblings, children and friends. I pray that you and your family feel the love and concern from all those here to give you comfort in this most difficult time. Thank you very much for your service and your Father's to this great country of ours.

Regarding the decal, I vote for style "A" too, but would like to see the basic circumstances of his death added to it.

What I mean by that is this...

"KIA Kandahar, IED, 5/2/10" (not sure of the exact date).

In small type, nothing obtrusive to the rest of the text. I just believe that the citizens of our country need to be made more aware of the circumstances when a soldier is killed in combat. I see many, many, tribute decals on the back of people's cars and often wonder what happened to the person being honored. Illness? Auto accident? What happened to them?

Just my 2 cents.

Archived