TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

fallen-soldier1.jpg

I have just learned that Mark (Hisssss) was killed today by a IED in Afghanistan. Mark is married to Barbie and has a 14 year old daughter Jessica and a 19 year old son Mark that is in the service too. Mark has been in the Army and stationed out of Fort Lewis for many years and was due to come home in July after serving a year tour in Afghanistan. I think Mark only needed 4 more years in the Army to get to his retirement. Mark has come to the last 2 Pacific NW Meet and Greets at my house and if you know Mark, you know how much he loved his Shelby and a need for speed. Mark signed his wife and daughter up this year to attend the Meet and Greet even know he could not attend. Mark wanted his family to have fun in his car and he wanted us to all be able to see all the mods that he had done to it. I have just learned that Barbie and Jessica will be coming to the meet and greet because that is what Mark would of wanted. We are going to be doing a special tribute at the Meet and Greet in Honor of Mark (Hisssss).

Please keep Marks family in your thoughts and prayers. The coming days and weeks and months are going to be very hard on them.

Edit: Here is the fundraiser thread

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56508-lets-raise-some-cah-for-hissssss-widow/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

soldier.jpg

Marks GT500 at the 2009 Meet & Greet.

th_PacificNWMeetandGreet2009098.jpg

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:salute:

These mist covered mountains

Are a home now for me

But my home is the lowlands

And always will be

Some day you'll return to

Your valleys and your farms

And you'll no longer burn

To be brothers in arms

Through these fields of destruction

Baptisms of fire

I've witnessed your suffering

As the battles raged higher

And though they hurt me so bad

In the fear and alarm

You did not desert me

My brothers in arms

There's so many different worlds

So many different suns

And we have just one world

But we live in different ones

Now the sun's gone to hell

And the moon's riding high

Let me bid you farewell

Every man has to die

But it's written in the starlight

And every line on your palm

We're fools to make war

On our brothers in arms

Dire Straits: "Brothers In Arms"

:salute:

Oh my god, I'm truly at a loss for words....

I thank Mark for his ultimate sacrifice for our country and the freedoms we take for granted. Our prayers are with his wife and daughter.

GOD BLESS!

Grabber,

It is not our place to intrude, but do you know of any plans for a service for Mark? I have no idea who might be able to be there from our Shelby family but I suspect many would like the chance to at least try. Don't mean to put you in a difficult spot as the one to ask but do not know who would do a more sensitive job. It was well stated by twobjshelbys: "Sad, Rob, very sad. Things like this make it personal."

Jim

Grabber,

It is not our place to intrude, but do you know of any plans for a service for Mark? I have no idea who might be able to be there from our Shelby family but I suspect many would like the chance to at least try. Don't mean to put you in a difficult spot as the one to ask but do not know who would do a more sensitive job. It was well stated by twobjshelbys: "Sad, Rob, very sad. Things like this make it personal."

Jim

Jim,

I have been in contact with one of his close friends who is a member here. One of us will post the info when it's available. Marks "Shelby Family" was a huge part of his life and he would be honored to know how much you and the others care.

I never met Mark, but I thank Mark for his ultimate sacrifice for our country and the freedom we enjoy. This is such a sad reminder that Freedom is not Free and we should never take it for granted. My prayers to his wife, daughter and loved ones. :salute:

GOD BLESS!

Rob do you know if he ever had a project Mustang or anything? Recently someone local to Modesto died from the same incident and he had an old '65 that he bought with intentions to restore it. Due to his death, obviously that never happened, but friends and family got together and did the restoration and then presented the car to the family at a car show.

Just throwing that out there... ?

Rob do you know if he ever had a project Mustang or anything? Recently someone local to Modesto died from the same incident and he had an old '65 that he bought with intentions to restore it. Due to his death, obviously that never happened, but friends and family got together and did the restoration and then presented the car to the family at a car show.

Just throwing that out there... ?

Marks hobby / Passion was his Shelby. He was very much into Moding it. Click on his topics links and check out what he did to his car. He was totally into it....like us !!!

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46128-latest-mod-pics/page__view__findpost__p__763106__fromsearch__1

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47352-latest-mods-for-hisss/page__view__findpost__p__786526__fromsearch__1

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51944-what-ya-get-for-christmas/page__view__findpost__p__876082__fromsearch__1

It's too easy to hear about these things on the news and to not stop and think that soldier had a family. He had friends and loved ones who are now devistated. This puts a "face" to everything.

I never met Mark, but coming from a military family I salute him for his sacrifice. I will add his family to my prayer list, especially his daughter. 14 is too young to loose your father.

May God bless Barbi and Jessica, keep them strong and comfort them in their time of grief and loss.

Rob, if there is anything I can do as an extended family member, please let me know. I'm not much for buying flowers for a funeral, but I'd be more than happy to pitch in something for Jessica's college fund or whatever.

Sean

This is terrible news. I also met Mark at last years meet & greet. He was a great guy to talk to and was as passionate about these cars as anyone.

I'm really saddened to hear of his death. Thank God there are people like him willing to sacrifice everything for our country. He will be missed.

All I can say is "DAMNIT"....I wish we could get all our boys and girls back home safely....I'm so sorry for the family and will keep them in my prayers. Such sad news...Sorry, it just makes me extremely angry...

Carl

Our heartelt prayers go out to his Family!! May they know that this Team Shelby family are all behind them for support!!!

What a courageous and honorable man!! We salute his family for his devoted efforts!! :salute::salute:

Hey Rob,

Perhaps someone local (geographically to the family) could set up a trust account (with a local bank) for Marks daughter and as there are so many Team Shelby members here, we could all chip in...

Thoughts?

Tom

Hey Rob,

Perhaps someone local (geographically to the family) could set up a trust account (with a local bank) for Marks daughter and as there are so many Team Shelby members here, we could all chip in...

Thoughts?

Tom

I was thinking that or a commemorative modification for the GT500 (aka Hisss)?

Oh my god, I'm truly at a loss for words....

I thank Mark for his ultimate sacrifice for our country and the freedoms we take for granted. Our prayers are with his wife and daughter.

GOD BLESS!

Could not say it better. Even though I certainly have never met Mark, reading this truly brings me to great sadness. It is obvious he is a true American Hero and Patriot. So sorry for those of you who did know Mark and his family for what you are feeling now.

God Bless Mark and all who serve and protect!!!!

Hey Rob,

Thoughts?

Tom

That's a great idea. Mark has many local Shelby friends that he would meet up with and cruise with. Many of them have not seen this thread as of yet. lets see if someone local to Marks home town chimes in.

If anyone wants to send a card or blessings to Marks wife Barbie.....here's the address:

Barbie Coleman

15029 Lindsay Loop SE

Yelm WA 98597

PS

It sounds like the service will be this week end in Goldendale , then a memorual service at Fort Lewis. I will post the details when I get them on the time and address.

My heart goes out to his family. Nothing is more sad than having lose a father or spouse. While stationed at McChord, I was in the Honor Guard, and was part of many funerals. 21 gun salute followed by taps, will be hard on this braves soldier's family.

God bless You mark, and thank you for your service

I guess I'm speechless. Got to know Mark from the meet and greet, as well as a few cars shows in the area. I remember BS'in with Mark about our son's. They were both import lovers. Marks son had a Subaru and mine had an Acura. We laughed and said " those aren't real cars". Just seems like yesterday. This is so sad. :cry:

Our hearts go out for his family on such a great loss.

Rob, keep us posted on the services.

Mark, AKA Hisssss.......RIP :salute:

Archived