TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

hello guys my name is brett im his son and yes he was killed by an IED 2 days ago. i figured id get on here to create and account and see what has been said about my father and write you all a mass message considering he spent a lot of his time on here talking to his car brothers. thank you for all the support its a hard thing to deal with but as a family me my sister and my mother are staying together with the rest of the family behind us for support. i know he was very passionate about his car and the meets he attended. i was pulled from ft richardson alaska to attend the service and will keep in touch as to what details are told from here on out. he IS a great man because he IS still with us.

thank you all

Brett

ill be checking every few hours this week to keep you all informed on whats going on.

Welcome Brett and thanks for checking in with us. I was fortunate to have met your father at the last meet & greet at Grabbers last year. We had a great time talking cars and my brother was in S.F. so we talked about that as well. We have private messaged each other over the last year. I thanked him for his service to our country. He paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. He is a hero and I am grateful to have met him. I am truly very saddened. Please pass along my condolences to your family. We will pray for your family as you deal with his loss. May your father RIP.

-- Bob

BTW he also hung out over at SVT Performance. Here are a couple threads that you may want to see as well.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/693809-we-lost-good-member-today-hissssss-killed-ied.html

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/693846-we-lost-member-brother.html

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello guys my name is brett im his son and yes he was killed by an IED 2 days ago. i figured id get on here to create and account and see what has been said about my father and write you all a mass message considering he spent a lot of his time on here talking to his car brothers. thank you for all the support its a hard thing to deal with but as a family me my sister and my mother are staying together with the rest of the family behind us for support. i know he was very passionate about his car and the meets he attended. i was pulled from ft richardson alaska to attend the service and will keep in touch as to what details are told from here on out. he IS a great man because he IS still with us.

thank you all

Brett

ill be checking every few hours this week to keep you all informed on whats going on.

Brett,

Thank you so much for checking in here at TS. The loss of your father is weighing heavy on many of us as we have gotten to know him. I was very fortunate to meet your dad at Robs place last year and all I can say is what a great guy. He could talk Shelby all day. But our loss doesn't compare to what you, your mom and sister are going through. So please, on behalf of my family, accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.

May God keep and protect you in this time of need.

Dan

I am FULLY on board with setting up a collection for them. I dont think I ever met Mark face to face, but we have crossed posts here many times, and our group lost an important assett, an enthusiast, a guardian of everything we hold dear, and an oustanding American! My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and the kids, and I hope we can honor his memory within our daily lives in our own ways.

Maybe we can have somebody make up a small decal we can all put on our windshields for the rest of this year, and dedicate all TS events to rememberance of him for this year as well. :salute:

Goodbye my friend. God Speed, and God Bless.

Doug-GT350 pointed me to this thread. I am so sad for the loss. I would be willing to help get together and make the decals. I suggest we sell them for $20 and donate all proceeds to the family. I would be happy to facilitate this. Obviously I don't want to step on any other efforts so let me know your thoughts. If there is a strong approval I can get started on this right away.

Doug-GT350 pointed me to this thread. I am so sad for the loss. I would be willing to help get together and make the decals. I suggest we sell them for $20 and donate all proceeds to the family. I would be happy to facilitate this. Obviously I don't want to step on any other efforts so let me know your thoughts. If there is a strong approval I can get started on this right away.

John, that sounds like a great idea.

I like the idea of the decal and $20 sounds like the right price. I have several cars I would like to equip with the decal.

And, Brett, you made a huge point for those of us who are believers -- we must speak of your Dad in the present tense because he is here with us. Thank you for that reminder.

Jim

thank you all

Brett

Brett, my deepest and sincerest condolances to you, your Mother, and your sister. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your service to your country, and may God Bless and protect you, your mother, and your sister. May God give all of you the strength to go forward and honor your father's memory by doing great things in your lives that would make him proud. Please consider Team Shelby an extended family, and let us know if there is anything that we can do for you, anytime. This Sunday is Mother's Day. Hold your mom close, hug her, kiss her, and tell her you love her many times that day because I suspect that it's going to be a tough one for her.

salute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gif

Thanks farmdog for stepping up. You have my strong approval.

Great idea FD.

I would be honored to put a decal for Mark on my Shelby's

Such a tragedy...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Barbie and Jessica, as even though I never met Mark, I always remind myself that if it were not for his sacrifice, and that of all the others who have paid the ultimate price - WE ALL would not have our freedom.

May God Bless Mark and God Bless America...

GUS

MAY GOD BLESS MARK'S WIFE , DAUGHTER AND FAMILY. ALTHOUGH I ONLY KNEW MARK THRU THE

FORUM AND HIS POST ; HE WAS STILL A HERO TO ME. I WISH I COULD HAVE PERSONALLY THANKED

HIM FOR HIS SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY , THE FREEDOMS THAT MARK AND VETERANS HAVE

GIVEN ME AND OTHERS FOR DECADES ; THAT CAN NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. I WILL SURELY MISS

HIM AND THE POSTS THAT HE GAVE WITH HIS DIFFERENT MODDS. MAY GOD BLESS HIS SOUL !!!

SCOTTY :salute:

Words can never express our gratitude for the ultimate sacrifice that one of our heroes makes, nor can they express our sympathy to the family and loved ones who must carry on in such a trying time. We can only hope that Mark's family knows that we love and support them and share our prayers with them.

Farewell our friend....

337px-US_halfstaff_sunset.jpg

John and Debbie

ok guys we had a man from my dads team come back from afganistan with my fathers body today and told us the story. we as a family feel that it is ok to fill u guys in on the details since he was talking to u all most of the time anyway lol ok so he was out looking for IED's when 3 of them went ahea of the convoy and found an IED but the problem was that the wires to the IED were cut which was odd considering it needs connection to activate.....my dad being the stern man he was was convinced that there was something there and told his men to stay back to protect them while he went alone to a tree to look around and while his friend was going around a wall to get a better look the IED went off and that was it.......there was no suffering and it was quick.....i dont mean to brag but u guys who knew him knew that he was a good man he always went on every single mission he was given and ALWAYS was in front it was either him that died or no one. he protected his soldiers with his life and his friend that is here now said "if mark wouldnt have told us to wait in the back while he checked out the tree then 3 soldiers would be dead instead of one and mark saved my life" he makes me proud every single day and he is a hero and im happy that he went out doing what he loved and it was quick i cant think of thold man suffering. the fuenral will be on the 15th in his home town.....with time i will relay more details and im so happy for all of your support i hope to still be here on the 29th to attend the car show that he would hae wanted to come to so bad...he loved u guys.

Brett

ok guys we had a man from my dads team come back from afganistan with my fathers body today and told us the story. we as a family feel that it is ok to fill u guys in on the details since he was talking to u all most of the time anyway lol ok so he was out looking for IED's when 3 of them went ahea of the convoy and found an IED but the problem was that the wires to the IED were cut which was odd considering it needs connection to activate.....my dad being the stern man he was was convinced that there was something there and told his men to stay back to protect them while he went alone to a tree to look around and while his friend was going around a wall to get a better look the IED went off and that was it.......there was no suffering and it was quick.....i dont mean to brag but u guys who knew him knew that he was a good man he always went on every single mission he was given and ALWAYS was in front it was either him that died or no one. he protected his soldiers with his life and his friend that is here now said "if mark wouldnt have told us to wait in the back while he checked out the tree then 3 soldiers would be dead instead of one and mark saved my life" he makes me proud every single day and he is a hero and im happy that he went out doing what he loved and it was quick i cant think of thold man suffering. the fuenral will be on the 15th in his home town.....with time i will relay more details and im so happy for all of your support i hope to still be here on the 29th to attend the car show that he would hae wanted to come to so bad...he loved u guys.

Brett

Thank you Brett for sharing with us the details.

A Hero then, a Hero now, a Hero forever..........because a Hero never dies, they live forever.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I didn't know him but just a few days ago I was looking at his signature and admiring his car, which really made this hit home. Thank you to you and your dad for serving our country and thank you for taking the time to post here. Your family is in my prayers.

I post the video link below because I can imagine Mark standing at attention from start to finish thinking to himself, “This is why I do what I do.”

The video is from a Texas Tech Basketball game on February 9, 2010. The National Anthem is sung by five young ladies (ages 6-8).You have never heard it performed better than this. When you view this video, notice that an entire arena remains completely silent throughout the song. You could hear a pin drop. The two young ladies on the right are six years old. The two in the middle are seven and the one on the left is eight. It doesn't get any better than this.

And remember the last words of our National Anthem: ". . . and the home . . . of the . . . brave."

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31364188

Jim

I type this with tears in my eyes. I can't believe Mark is gone. He and I talked at length at each of the last Meet & Greets, and I felt him to be a true kindred spirit. Our cars were very similar, and we had a friendly rivalry that I enjoyed. I was disappointed that he wasn't going to be able to attend this year, but glad that his wife and daughter were coming anyway.

Words can't convey the depth of my condolences to his family. Anything we can do...

I would be honored to put a decal for Mark on my Shelby's

+1

The stickers are a great idea to honor Mark. :superhero:

John - This is very thoughtful of you to do.

Grabber, I signed on the other night when you first posted and this was the first thread I read. Although I never got to meet this man I had seen his posts, etc. I was so shocked to hear the news that I just quietly signed off and said a prayer for him and his family. I decided it was time for me to reflect not on a car or any other material thing, but just to take time and remember the brave men and women who protect us every day and their families. I thank God there are people like this and may his family be truly blessed during this time. Our prayers will continue.....................Craig

John, count me in on some decals too. Thanks for offering to do this. Cg

I also would be greatly honored to place a decal on my Shelby!!!

Brett, I am obvioulsy one of the unlucky ones who has not had the honor of meeting your father. But from what I have read and stated earlier, he truly is a Patriot, Hero and Father. I also type this with tears welling to my eyes. Just knowing of the Men and Women who gives us Freedom to attend together in the things we are admire and Love is truly humbling. I also would like to personally thank you for your service also to defend what makes America what it is. Your father most is certainly is a example of what is "RIGHT" about this country.

May your family find peace in knowing he will be always looking over you in your lives!

God Bless you all! God Bless our men and women who proudly wear the uniform each and everyday!

PS I am a Veteran myself! :salute:

I spoke with John (Farmdog) this afternoon and we're working on setting up a Pay-pal account for these stickers. They would sell for $20 a piece, and are almost 100% profit thanks to John.

Here are the 2 ideas I came up with. Please vote for the one you like best.

Decals are apx 3.5" x 5"

A.

32720698.jpg

B.

24980785.jpg

I spoke with John (Farmdog) this afternoon and we're working on setting up a Pay-pal account for these stickers. They would sell for $20 a piece, and are almost 100% profit thanks to John.

Here are the 2 ideas I came up with. Please vote for the one you like best.

Decals are apx 3.5" x 5"

A.

32720698.jpg

B.

24980785.jpg

My vote is for "A" as well. Let me say this from someone who is in the military as well though: I think his rank and branch of service should be on the decal as well. He AND his family spent many, many years earning his time in the military. He was wearing his rank when he made the ultimate sacrifice.

Regardless of which way it goes....I am in.

Semper Fi,

ck

Archived