TEAM SHELBY FORUM

We lost a good member today - Hisssss Killed by a IED

Grabber

I guess I'm speechless. Got to know Mark from the meet and greet, as well as a few cars shows in the area. I remember BS'in with Mark about our son's. They were both import lovers. Marks son had a Subaru and mine had an Acura. We laughed and said " those aren't real cars". Just seems like yesterday. This is so sad. :cry:

Our hearts go out for his family on such a great loss.

Rob, keep us posted on the services.

Mark, AKA Hisssss.......RIP :salute:

This years meet and greet will have a special tribute to Hisssss. Barbie will be driving his car down with you all. The cars will all be in circles and Marks car will be in the middle slot right in the center. Just like we did the Ford GT car back in 2008.

2008 shot.

circle01.jpg

This year the cars will be in 2 circles and the middle is where we will park Hisssss's car. We will have about 10 cars on the back side of the trees making the field complete with about 50 cars.

YardStuff2009174.jpg

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is "DAMNIT"....I wish we could get all our boys and girls back home safely....I'm so sorry for the family and will keep them in my prayers. Such sad news...Sorry, it just makes me extremely angry...

Carl

X2... prayers sent for his family

fallen-soldier1.jpg

I have just learned that Mark (Hisssss) was killed today by a IED in Afghanistan. Mark is married to Barbie and has a 14 year old daughter Jessica. Mark has been in the Army and stationed out of Fort Lewis for many years and was due to come home in July after serving a year tour in Afghanistan. I think Mark only needed 4 more years in the Army to get to his retirement. Mark has come to the last 2 Pacific NW Meet and Greets at my house and if you know Mark, you know how much he loved his Shelby and a need for speed. Mark signed his wife and daughter up this year to attend the Meet and Greet even know he could not attend. Mark wanted his family to have fun in his car and he wanted us to all be able to see all the mods that he had done to it. I have just learned that Barbie and Jessica will be coming to the meet and greet because that is what Mark would of wanted. We are going to be doing a special tribute at the Meet and Greet in Honor of Mark (Hisssss).

Please keep Marks family in your thoughts and prayers. The coming days and weeks and months are going to be very hard on them.

soldier.jpg

Marks GT500 at the 2009 Meet & Greet.

th_PacificNWMeetandGreet2009098.jpg

I met Mark. total bullshit. My sincere condolences to his family.

Dammit! I am mad and truly truly saddened to hear this. I also met Mark at last years M&G and we had a great time talking cars and the fact that my brother was also in Special Forces at the same time as Mark. He was a great guy and soldier. We PMed a few times and he even PMed me to say he was sorry for not being able to make it this year. I enjoyed his posts here on TS. He will be missed. My condolences to Barbie and his family. This is just terrible news...

Definitely count me in for any contributions or other plans to help the family. Hopefully we can find someone close to help us.

I am:

Stunned.

Shocked.

Saddened.

Depressed.

Weeping.

There is no doubt that we are an extended family here. We celebrate births, pray for the ill and afflicted to get well, and unfortunately, we also morn our family members that die (all too young).

Mark's death should all make us take pause to cherish the people that mean so much to us; our famlies and friends. Kiss and hug your loved ones everyday because life is fleeting and no one knows when their time on this planet will conclude. Today, we have lost a fellow member, a friend, a husband, and a father, and we must honor him by not squandering the freedoms that we so often take for granted and that Mark gave his life for. salute.gif

Rob, can you get a picture of Mark for us? Something that we can post here in his memory?

God bless you Mark, and may you rest in peace.

An old Irish prayer...

Death is nothing at all.

It does not count.

I have only slipped away into the next room.

Everything remains as it was.

The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.

Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by the old familiar name.

Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.

Put no sorrow in your tone.

Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.

Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.

Let it be spoken without effort

Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.

There is unbroken continuity.

Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.

All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.

One brief moment and all will be as it was before.

How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.

For Mark's wife and Daughter:

May the raindrops fall lightly on your brow

May the soft winds freshen your spirit

May the sunshine brighten your heart

May the burdens of the day rest lightly upon you

And may God enfold you in the mantle of His love.

May god bless and protect all of our men and women that are in harm's way thoughout the world, and may god bless the United States of America.

I don't even know what to say. I've been talking with Mark for the past several weeks about a project we just completed for his Shelby....... I feel luck you have know him.

RIP Mark Coleman... :salute:

and my prayers are with his family.

This is very sad even though I have never met Mark, just knowing of him from these forums makes him seem like family.

My thoughts and prayers to the family as well as all the men and women in the armed forces, past and present. :salute:

I am very saddened to hear this. I've never met Mark but I can recall seeing and reading his posts numerous times. He obviously had great passion for his car,

but what was not obvious to myself and many others, was his passion for OUR COUNTRY. My thanks and prayers go out to Mark and his family.

Today is Remembrance Day in The Netherlands. We think about all the fallen heroes of WWII, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan. My grandfather was in the Dutch resistance and was caught in 1943 and transferred to Buchenwald concentration camp. After transferring to Langenstein-Zwieberge concentration camp, an under-camp of Buchenwald he was shot on Feb 6, 1945 by SS. The US freed the camp on April 13. Tonight at 8PM there is a two minute silence in the whole country. I will think about Mark too. As you see I have my flag half pole.

Mark, you will be remembered by me like the two Dutch Marines that drove on an IED last week. :salute:

IMG_2165.jpg

My deepest condolences go out to Mark's family, and my thoughts and prayers for all of them.

Maybe they can give the Times Square Bomber one extra good kick for this.

I served in 1st SFG(A) at Ft. Lewis in the early 80's......and I assume from the above posts that Mark was a member of 1st Special Forces Group (A) also.

At a total loss for words.....

De Oppresso Liber

Frank

post-6-127297774342_thumb.gif

post-6-127297774342_thumb.gif

I am so terribly saddened by this news, my deepest condolances to Mark's wife Barbie, their daughter Jessica, their entire family and all his friends........many of which are my friends.

It is clear that we owe so much to these brave men and women that defend our freedoms everyday.

My heart is broken over this tragedy and I pray for the strength and peace of his family.

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Wow, just wow! I am so saddened by this :( RIP Mark. Thank you for a job well done with for which you have paid the ultimate price. My prayers go out for your family. May they be able to cope with the tough times ahead and may they always be comforted with their memories of you and the thought of knowing that you will all be together again someday. God bless you and yours.

My condolenses to Mark's family, I had talked over pm's with him about his car and mods in just the past month. I am a military brat and im so sorry for the loss of a great person. I know grabber and others will take lots of pictures at the meet and great, please have a great time up there for Mark and his family, he will be missed.

Sal

far too many gone, in what will be an endless war...

condolences to all his family, and here's to everyone else coming home safe...

Grabber - thanks for posting some of his threads, as now I know i've followed along as a fellow alloy/silver owner...

That's just terrible news. My condolences to his family and friends.

This really brings home the debt we cannot repay to those who serve our country - and especially to those who make the ultimate sacrifice. Though if there's anything we can do as a group to help the family - count me in.

I too have never met Mark, but as others have stated, would be more than honored to make a contribution to a fund for Jessica's college or future.

My prayers go out to him and his family for what he did for us and our freedom.

God Bless you Mark!

That's a great idea. Mark has many local Shelby friends that he would meet up with and cruise with. Many of them have not seen this thread as of yet. lets see if someone local to Marks home town chimes in.

If anyone wants to send a card or blessings to Marks wife Barbie.....here's the address:

Barbie Coleman

15029 Lindsay Rd SE

Yelm WA 98597

PS

It sounds like the service will be this week end in Goldendale , then a memorual service at Fort Lewis. I will post the details when I get them on the time and address.

coincidentally my sister lives in Yelm and her hubby works for General Dynamics at FT. Lewis. Our deepest condolences and peace go out to Mark , Barbie and their families. It's very unfortunate that peace must come at such a high price. God bless the armed forces and what they do everyday to keep us free and safe.

tDUBw

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

I Am Not There, I Do Not Sleep

I Am A Thousand Winds That Blow

I Am The Diamond Glints On Snow

I Am The Sunlight On Ripened Grain

I Am The Gentle Autumn Rain

When You Awaken In The Mornings Hush

I Am The Swift Uplifting Rush

Of Quiet Birds In Circled Flight

I Am The Soft Stars That Shine At Night

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Cry

I Am Not There, I Did Not Die

These hero's keep us free and safe and it is with great saddness that I hear of there passing. Mark your family is in our payers...

I am deeply saddened by this news...In both my husbands and my military careers, we have lost friends and it always hurts beyond telling...our thoughts and prayers go out to the family...

Archived