Any more left?

Yes, I've got another kit ready to ship-

Paypal $170 to gosho89@yahoo.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Perfect! Payment sent!

Payment recieved, will ship today USPS

Thanks for the order

-----------------

Now back to manufactoring more brackets and ordering up more FRPP hooks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos of install on 2009 GT500;

1. Top side of bumper, I used 7/32" Cobalt drill to start, and then completed with a step drill, per sizes on instruction sheet

IMG_1439.jpg

2. Locknut is visbile through 1" hole in bumper, used pliers to insert nut & then a pry bar to hold while fastening

IMG_1442.jpg

3. Side view, you can see that attachment is through the sheet metal wich is robust but not indestructible

IMG_1447.jpg

4. Side view showing angle of hook bracket

IMG_1462.jpg

5. On GT500 need to cutout 4 segments of lower-grille as marked in RED, this will clear hook when installing bumper clip

IMG_1464-1.jpg

6. Bracket clears front of GT500 grille by approx 3/4"

IMG_1467.jpg

7. Hook mounted in place, clears everything nicely

IMG_1469.jpg

8. Rear most position of Hook, it won't fret on the grille when it swings back

IMG_1470.jpg

The instructions provided are good, just remember that for GT500 you need to remove splitter first and note there are only 2-bolts on each side in fender-well. If you cut the grille as shown in photos above the bumper clip slides right on with no obstruction.

One word of caution is that there is a significant amount of leverage being apllied through bracket to factory bumper, if I did this again I would consider replacing fender-washer with a 1-1/2 x 2 x 1/4 packer plate to spread the load (would need longer Grade-8 bolts also). IMHO should be fine for winching and flat-towing, but if you have an off-track experience try to be gentle on how they pull you out, especially if in mud or gravel. Of course at that point your pride is probably wounded too!

In summary my opinion is that it is well designed & works as advertised, thanks FordFan1 :)

Regards, Fordie

After yesterday there is now a bolt on bracket that's designed to work with the FRPP tow hook. It requires the front cover to be removed for the assembly, but no modification to the front cover is required. She is a stout piece and can be welded if need be.

It bolts directly to the middle of the underside of the bumper support, if you reach under with your hand you can feel a edge, this bracket is design to mount on the other side of that edge so the base of the mount becomes a fixture of the bumper support and not just the Grade 8 bolt for strength. It requires a single hole to be drilled thru the underside of the bumper support. A hole saw is then used to drill a hole in the front channel (like the factory does for the front bumper support mounting bolts) this allows room for a socket to get to the back side for the nut.

Besides my Shelby, I'll also be installing one on our Roush even tho it's won't be on the track, but since the cars sits so low it will certainly make it easier to load it in a trailer or a roll back if the car becomes disabled. I should have kits complete with mounting hardware and FRPP hooks ready to ship in a couple of weeks- I'll have pricing set before then-

BTW the tow hook bracket does fit between the gap in the bumper cover and Shelby SGT lower grill insert without issue, I'll have pictures once I get the next proto type back and installed on my SGT.

Let me know if there is interest here-

Here is a few shots of the proto type installed on a Roush application-

photo1.jpg

P4241383.jpg

P4241385.jpg

photo2.jpg

This is very nice part with very clear instructions. The fitment is excellent and installation is simple. I found that drilling the hole through the bumper steel was the hardest part. As the instructions say, you will need a good set of drills. The hole saw worked really well for the larger hole. Just a really nice part, thanks for offering it. Larry

Some photos of install on 2009 GT500;

1. Top side of bumper, I used 7/32" Cobalt drill to start, and then completed with a step drill, per sizes on instruction sheet

2. Locknut is visbile through 1" hole in bumper, used pliers to insert nut & then a pry bar to hold while fastening

3. Side view, you can see that attachment is through the sheet metal wich is robust but not indestructible

4. Side view showing angle of hook bracket

5. On GT500 need to cutout 4 segments of lower-grille as marked in RED, this will clear hook when installing bumper clip

IMG_1464-1.jpg

6. Bracket clears front of GT500 grille by approx 3/4"

IMG_1467.jpg

7. Hook mounted in place, clears everything nicely

IMG_1469.jpg

8. Rear most position of Hook, it won't fret on the grille when it swings back

IMG_1470.jpg

The instructions provided are good, just remember that for GT500 you need to remove splitter first, and there are only 2-bolts on each side. If you cut the grille as shown in photos above the bumper clip slides right on with no obstruction.

Only comment is that there is a significant amount of leverage being apllied through bracket to factory bumper, IMHO should be fine for winching and flat-towing, but if you have an off-track experience try to be gentle on how they pull you out, especially if in mud our loose gravel. Of course at that point your pride is probably wounded too!

In summary my opinion is that it is well designed & works as advertised, thanks FordFan1 :)

Regards, Fordie

Fordie,

Thanks for the great GT500 step by step installation photo's and kind comments :)

This is very nice part with very clear instructions. The fitment is excellent and installation is simple. I found that drilling the hole through the bumper steel was the hardest part. As the instructions say, you will need a good set of drills. The hole saw worked really well for the larger hole. Just a really nice part, thanks for offering it. Larry

Larry,

Glad it works for you-

It's nice to have an idea that can help other TS members

To all others,

I have more in stock ready to ship :shift:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm interested in one of these. Are they still available? If so, how much?

Paypal account gosho89@yahoo.com $170 and I'll have a kit on the way to you on Monday

Paypal account gosho89@yahoo.com $170 and I'll have a kit on the way to you on Monday

Yikes, ok. Thanks, but I'll pass for now. I didn't realize they were that much. Not that it's not worth, it, I just have other priorities at the moment. Maybe on a future run though. Thanks again, JR

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the instructions for putting this in the SGT? I purchased this last year and have the unit but can't seem to find the instructions. I skimmed through some of this thread to see if someone posted here, but I didn't see it anywhere. I'm finally ready to install this week.

Thanks in advance.

My email is adamd.shelbygt at gmail if you want to email me.

• 1 month later...

Do these fit on the 2011s? Are there any left?

Good question- someone needs to go first :)

As of today I maybe out of stock (waiting on payment and shipping instructions), but I'll have more in stock by the end of next week -

Ok, guys. HOW IN THE HELL are you drilling the hole in the bottom of the bumper!? I've been working on this quick little project for close to five hours and a dozen bits later it doesn't look like I'm made any progress! What am I missing? I'm using steel bits both titanium and Ridgid's 'coldfire' cryo bits. If could find some carbide or tungsten bits I would be using them.

Help?

Archived