TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS66 Wheels & Baer Brake Install

I've had my CS66 Wheels & Baer Brakes for about a year now, but something always seemed to come up and the install didn't get done last year. Well I finally pulled the trigger and had the wheels, brakes and a BMR adjustable pan hard rod and brace installed last week. I am still dealing with some clearance issues with the rear wheels over the brake calipers but I think a 1/8" spacer is going to do the trick and still give me enough lug nut to torque properly. Here is the set up and a few pictures. I'm not entirely sure but I think I'm the first to post with the CS66 in Anthracite.

Dave

CS66 Anthracite 20 x 9 front, 20 x 10 rear.

Hankook 255 35 ZR 20 and 285 30 ZR 20 tires.

Baer Shelby GT- Plus brakes with EradiSpeed -Plus-Two rears.

100_1152.jpg

100_1153.jpg

100_1155.jpg

100_1160.jpg

100_1163.jpg

Not bad for a white Shelby lol. I'm glad not everyone puts the same wheels on there cars. Nothing like variety. I just bought the silver cs 40's and nittos and waiting to install them. A lot of people have installed the razors and i like them but i like to see what all these wheels look like on different cars. Good choice.

WOW

I love them, that was my other choice, first time I think I have seen that size and finish on white, looks fantastic!!!!!!

Thanks everyone - I'm really loving the look. It was pretty cool the guys at the tire shop had their cell phone cameras out taking pics as I was leaving. Also, thank you to Craig, Jason and others who chimed in with some tech advice. Dave

• 1 month later...

Congratulations. They look great on your car. I want to order them as well in stock size for my GT-H.

How is the quality in your opinion? Should I have any concerns with fit and finish?

Thanks........Philip

Fit and finish. Hmmm...I love the way they look but there is an unresolved issue with fit over the brakes on one of the rear wheels. The rears are 20 x10 deep dish. I have a clearance issue on one side over the brake caliper. I'm running 1/8" spacers on both sides and they are clearing fine now, plenty of lug to torque. Daren at CS wheels has been great to work with and said he will send a replacement wheel in the anthracite when they are in production again, unfortunatley they are currently out of stock and aren't sure if they will recast the anthracite again. So jury is still out on that. The finish has been okay. When I first got these wheels I ended up sending two of them back for exchange because of some imperfections. They weren't huge things but I'm picky. CS Wheels exchanged them no problem. Other than those things no other issues. ;) Dave

I must have missed this thread, awesome Dave they look fantastic, great job!

Thanks, they certainly change the look of the car over the stock wheels. Got alot of nice comments on them at Shelby Fest, when it wasn't raining that is. :titanic:

Congratulations. They look great on your car. I want to order them as well in stock size for my GT-H.

How is the quality in your opinion? Should I have any concerns with fit and finish?

Thanks........Philip

BTW, there was an owner of a GT500 at Shelbyfest that had some black CS66's and they looked great. I think the black ones would look sharp on your GT-H.

Dave

I saw these in person at Shelbyfest and they do look great. The backspacing issue is not unheard of on this wheel. Blueovalkid had the black wheels on his GT500. I know this because I detailed the car for him before the show. LOL

HEY DAVE ,

LOOKING GOOD........................MAN !!! I JUST GOT SOME NEW SHOES TOO !!! CONGRATS ON YOURS AND

USE THEM IN GOOD HEALTH. :rockon:

SCOTTY

:peelout::peelout::peelout:

HEY DAVE ,

LOOKING GOOD........................MAN !!! I JUST GOT SOME NEW SHOES TOO !!! CONGRATS ON YOURS AND

USE THEM IN GOOD HEALTH. :rockon:

SCOTTY

:peelout::peelout::peelout:

Scotty,

My wife called the new wheels& brakes something else. She said the "mistress" got a boob job. She says the car is cheaper than a mistress and keeps me happy. I'm not so sure it's cheaper but at least she knows where I am most of the time. Gotta love it. :cheerleader:

Dave

BTW, there was an owner of a GT500 at Shelbyfest that had some black CS66's and they looked great. I think the black ones would look sharp on your GT-H.

Dave

I love the 66 wheel! I want my GT-H to be a little retro. Black would look great for sure but I think I want the antracite wheels because they resemble the originals more.

I cannot find them anymore at SPP. What's going on there?

Philip

• 4 years later...

Clearance issues on the rear is not uncommon. In fact, if one is unaware there could be a problem, there often is.

I see caution posted by both wheel and brake companies, but few of us expect it to be rear brakes and not the front. Many of us opt for a big brake kit in front, and are satisfied with the stock rear as it came from the OEM. My thoughts on this are not final words, just my impression. I think that when purchasing a wider wheel for the rear, the offset/backspace (pick one) is shifted outward causing the wheel to appear a deep dish when it is not. Customers love to stuff as much tire inside the wheelwell as possible, but do not seem to favor the tire sticking out, or near the fender lip. This can be fixed, but thats another discussion.

This change in offset/backspace will place the brake caliper closer to the spokes of any wheel (in some cases, the design taper) and it is indeed colliding. Since the buyer is sold on the style and final appearance, and correct offset/backspace is not available in that style, the only two solutions are refund, or spacer. This is fine unless you plan to challenge the wheels in road racing. It's probably just fine to road race with spacers, but I will not and I will not give such advice. Unfortunately, we all learn important wheel lessons after the fact, my lesson was way back in 2000. Hope someone can avoid such disappointment before they lay down the cash, or set their heart on a particular style.

Y'all be safe.

Archived