TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350.. #350..anyone wanna guess how much?

Hello to all...it is my understanding that #350 will be sold at auction next week, and I just thought it might be cool for people to try and guess the price...Where do you think it might end up at..? i think all these cars will sell like hotcakes, but this one would be a nice catch for sure....Now couldnt the final price also show what kind of demand is out there for these cars too..?

Anyhow, a nice friendly competition would be cool....Any body wanna guess and pick the price..?

I dont have the foggiest clue( though it was my idea..lol) how much to guess but seeing how they are going for around $65,000, im gonna say.....

$285,000 :headscratch:

Well, if Ron Pratt buys it there won't be much competition. Typically Barret Jackson makes these some kind of charity car and they grind the bidding until they get close to what they think it should sell for. If Carroll Shelby is there it will go for more. I'm guessing $350,000 sounds about right. B)

The consignment does not mention a charity auction on this one. Linky:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=663.1&aid=323&pop=1

That's the way it looks. I hope SAI gets a bundle for it. It sure would be nice to see a real auction battle and not just a virtual preset price for Ron Pratt

Yeah, if it was number 1? A lot....#350, well thats just a neat number to have, but not special by any means compared to the first or the last of production. I'd rather have my number 19 than 350 to be honest.

Curious, does the winning bidder have to supply his on car and does he have to wait for the first 349 to be completed before his is completed? (The last half of the question I retorical.) :confused: what if they don't sell 349 2011's!? Dear Lord, that would be a pickel. :lol:

Curious, does the winning bidder have to supply his on car and does he have to wait for the first 349 to be completed before his is completed? (The last half of the question I retorical.) :confused: what if they don't sell 349 2011's!? Dear Lord, that would be a pickel. :lol:

O wow..i never thought about whether or not you had to supply your own car or not...hmmm

Do you really think that Shelby might not sell 349 of these cars..? i thought demand would be huge.. Does anyone know how many orders have been taken? im just curious..

Seems like the numbers are all over the board....anywhere from 92,000 to over 1 million.... :lol:

I don't think Ron Pratt is gonna buy this one. His deal is the FIRST of every Mustang. #350 is nice, but its not #1.

Also, Shelby does not build them in numerical order so #350 could be the 18th car built (or the first for that matter!) They could only build 215 of them and you could still have a #350.

OK,who wants to own a 2010 pre production GT-350?

anybody interested?

its up for grabs,can't believe this group is sleeping!!

SAAC.com

Top left corner of page SAAC OLYMPIAD

I've got my favorite.

Anyone Interested???

Doc Scott

OK,who wants to own a 2010 pre production GT-350?

anybody interested?

its up for grabs,can't believe this group is sleeping!!

SAAC.com

Top left corner of page SAAC OLYMPIAD

I've got my favorite.

Anyone Interested???

Doc Scott

I would so win that. If I was going to be there. And if I had a car to enter in it. And if I liked blueberrys. But other than that, its MINE!

Oh, yeah, if there was such a thing as a 2010 GT350.

SOLD for $125,000. Pretty neat package that went with it.

i missed the auction, was it a charity car, what kind of package went with it? etc....

edit: i found the video of the car on youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVuTkrGJnyI

Well, the sale is over and my guess was way off(typical :headscratch: )...so it seems NordicShelby is the winner with the closest guess at 92500...congrats to him..!

Hold on there, I guessed it to the penny. I said 'a cool $1M', the 'cool' equals $125k. I thought everyone knew this. :headscratch:

^That was an awkward and complicated sales pitch, but it obviously worked. Shelby gets triple the retail cost of the upfit on #350 for the price of a badge, shirt, and some tickets to their own race? :lol:

Ken

You get the car - $35K retail to Shelby's GT350 spec, the GT350 upfit $33,995.00, painted stripes $4K, rear Baer brakes - $5K, Shelby interior - $3500.00 and the extra goodies.

So you get an $81495.00 list car for $125K plus the buyers commission and you did it on TV (very important to some).

My guess that this was not about profit on an individual car, but more about product placement in front of millions in a national TV audience.

Ken

You get the car - $35K retail to Shelby's GT350 spec, the GT350 upfit $33,995.00, painted stripes $4K, rear Baer brakes - $5K, Shelby interior - $3500.00 and the extra goodies.

So you get an $81495.00 list car for $125K plus the buyers commission and you did it on TV (very important to some).

My guess that this was not about profit on an individual car, but more about product placement in front of millions in a national TV audience.

BINGO.......and I think it's a smart move by SA.

Well, the sale is over and my guess was way off(typical headscratch.gif )...so it seems NordicShelby is the winner with the closest guess at 92500...congrats to him..!

Thanks I finally won something on Team Shelby confused.gif

My car is going to be paid off in August just before the Shelby GT350 event in Texas. I hope I don't go right back into debt.

Archived