TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Shelby GT500

EL SHELBY

http://autoblog.com/...-wed-never-buy/

"You see, as good as the 2010 GT500 is, there's something better coming. Just like we would have never bought a 2010 Mustang GT in anticipation of the legendary 5.0-liter V8 arriving in the 2011 model, we would keep our wallet tucked away until the 2011 Shelby GT500 hits showroom floors. With its aluminum block V8 filling the space between the front fenders, the 2011 GT500 should be even better. That's what taking 105 pounds off the front end of a car will do. So be patient, and wait for the 2011 GT500. That's what we're doing".

headscratch.gif

Shocking, cars get better year after year? Hmm, will we see the same for the 2012, 2013, 2015.... If you wait for the next best thing you end up owning Nothing... Anyway, I'm totally against the spray chemical block sealer.. whatever it's called..

102 LBS LIGHTER WAS NOT WORTH FORDS TIME OR ENERGY , I CAN CHANGE MY WHEELS OR TAKE OUT A SEAT AND AND REDUCE THE WAIT BY 102 LBS

So could an owner of a 2011 model. You would still have the extra weight over the front wheels... As has been stated before, anything you can do to your '10 to shed weight can be done to an '11 model. Wheels are also "unsprung weight" and the engine is not. And that weight savings is right over the front wheels... So if you took out a seat in your '11 you'd be lighter than a '10 with a seat removed... :)

Regardless, I'd say that article was VERY complementary to the 2010 GT500. 'Incredible Value"

When was the last time you heard that when describing a GT500? :dance:

Shocking, cars get better year after year? Hmm, will we see the same for the 2012, 2013, 2015.... If you wait for the next best thing you end up owning Nothing... Anyway, I'm totally against the spray chemical block sealer.. whatever it's called..

You really don't know what is behind the technology with regard to to the sleeveless block, do you? It's not a "sprayed chemical block sealer". It's a process to create a metallic lining over the top of the aluminum surface. You're spouting off about something you clearly don't understand... Kind of reminds me of back when Ford dumped carbs for EFI and people were saying how it was "all over" for high performance. "No thanks, I'll keep my trusty carb, they can have that EFI stuff" :hysterical: That's because they lacked understanding of how it works. Mass-air was one of the best things Ford ever did for the Mustang...

:salute: Looks great too!!!

Thanks SVT, Im revisiting my second childhood, the 2010 is a phenominal car and I absolutlely love it.

Now being a retired jet engine mechanic, Im very familiar with the flame sprayed block. You see we flame spray our compressors and turbines on aircraft.

This technology will give the 2011 a big advantage in heat dissipation and reduce overall wear. +100 to the boys at FORD.

Hail Hail the Mighty GT500 :salute:

post-26299-126947727906_thumb.jpg

post-26299-126947727906_thumb.jpg

Archived