TEAM SHELBY FORUM

AVOID THE SHELBY STORE

shuff

The worst Customer Service ever, don’t use them, you can’t get them on the phone, when you do they can't answer your questions, and say they will call you back, and they don't. If you get an order placed, they will draft the money from your account, but not ship the items. If you talk to management they will tell you “your order will be shipped today" and it want. If you finally get them back on the phone to check on your order, they will ask for more "shipping fee" and your order will be shipped, but it does not get shipped, but they do however, you guessed it, draft your account for the cash. Did I mention that all items ordered said they would ship in two to four days; well it’s been 35 days now, no money, and no parts. Great Job Team Shelby…….

The worst Customer Service ever, don't use them, you can't get them on the phone, when you do they can't answer your questions, and say they will call you back, and they don't. If you get an order placed, they will draft the money from your account, but not ship the items. If you talk to management they will tell you "your order will be shipped today" and it want. If you finally get them back on the phone to check on your order, they will ask for more "shipping fee" and your order will be shipped, but it does not get shipped, but they do however, you guessed it, draft your account for the cash. Did I mention that all items ordered said they would ship in two to four days; well it's been 35 days now, no money, and no parts. Great Job Team Shelby…….

Sorry to hear about that.....Your experience does not mean that they are a bad store and to avoid them....I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for the delay.....I am sure some one will get in contact with you....

Thank you for your understanding and patience,

Alexandros

I think newb means that when they order from the "store" their order gets placed at the bottom for processing!!!

Come on, there are way too many complaints here for the "store." Doesn't matter who you are. Seems there are as many having issues as there are happy customers- which tells me that there are problems. I wouldn't run my business this way.

I had an order placed for some items a while back that I didn't receive until I made some inquiring phone calls to get it. Yeah, I finally got it, but I had to call twice to straighten it out and it was delayed several weeks.

My experience has been the opposite. All transactions have been reasonably handled. In one case, when my Shelby office chair had a broken part, when I contacted the Shelby Store, it took a while (couple weeks) but the problem turned out to be that the supplier was no longer making the item. The Shelby Store offered me my choice of a full refund (shipping on them) or I could keep the chair and receive a generous credit with the Store. I chose the latter. I then sent the part out and got it fixed, and have used part of the credit already with no issues.

I have had contact with most of the parts of the Shelby organization and, while there have been some uneven spots over the 2.5 years, overall, the folks have tried to get things done to the customer's satisfaction. What I learned is that there are going to be glitches in an operation like this and we should avoid taking it personally. Neither the Shelby Store nor any other part of the Shelby organization affirmatively sets out to upset customers. If it happens it is not good for anyone but, I agree, it is the customer whom it affects the most.

With any luck, things will work out for you in the near future.

Jim

First off, not sure what this has to do with Shelby Collectibles which is where you posted but try contacting Tim at Timh@shelbyautos.com or call 702.942.7325 extension 149. I've had a few problems in the past but once they added Tim to the staff I dealt with him personally for a couple big orders and they were both shipped the same day or day after placing my order. Just last week I placed an order for the Shelby heat exchanger and radiator. I received an email from Kameron the next business day stating the manufacturer is currently making more of them and they should ship in about 2 weeks. Kind of sucks but at least he got back to me asap and let me know the status so I wouldn't be wondering where my orders at.

The worst Customer Service ever, don’t use them, you can’t get them on the phone, when you do they can't answer your questions, and say they will call you back, and they don't. If you get an order placed, they will draft the money from your account, but not ship the items. If you talk to management they will tell you “your order will be shipped today" and it want. If you finally get them back on the phone to check on your order, they will ask for more "shipping fee" and your order will be shipped, but it does not get shipped, but they do however, you guessed it, draft your account for the cash. Did I mention that all items ordered said they would ship in two to four days; well it’s been 35 days now, no money, and no parts. Great Job Team Shelby…….

Who at SPP did you speak with? Who in management did you speak with?

E-mail me with details about this order I'll look into it.

C'mon, quit beatin around the bush, just say what you feel we can take it!

Seriously, I think they may have been bit overwhelmed by the response to this past sale but this is the first I've heard of problems being this bad...........Fluke?

Come to think of it, I have a rather large order in now...........Hoping for the best!

I placed an order for a half dozen items on Tuesday 3/16, it arrived this morning as ordered. This is my typical experience. There was one time where the item I ordered was in less then ideal condition. One email to Robert and everything was corrected within a week or two. Every question or concerned I ever had has been addressed. Usually quickily, sometimes not so quickily but they have always been addressed.

I couldn't ask for better service.

Contact Robert, give him all the facts and he will take care of you.

So far I have had no major issues with them. I recently had a question on something I ordered, called customer service spoke with Cameron (sp?), he called supplier and called me back within minutes. I too just ordered during the sale (Tues), nothing being shipped yet, but some items were being dropped shipped.

Who at SPP did you speak with? Who in management did you speak with?

E-mail me with details about this order I'll look into it.

spoke with Kameron, i forwarded u the mails i have in ref to it all.. as far as the Phone rep CS, dont know what i did with the name.

Sorry to hear about that.....Your experience does not mean that they are a bad store and to avoid them....I am sure there is a reasonable explanation for the delay.....I am sure some one will get in contact with you....

Thank you for your understanding and patience,

Alexandros

My wife had trouble w/ the Shelby Store last year. Some things were missing from the order, but eventually arrived late although it missed my birthday by a good bit. I guess the bottom line is - don't make promises you can't keep. I'm sure Mr. Shelby would agree!

edit - EXAMPLE - take out the "which can be found here" link from this page. Nothing can be found there; It doesn't exist. It should take you to a link which describes that a new product is coming, what it is and when it is expected to be available.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/p5s3z-2k004-fslash-5-gt.htm

What's a "newb" have do with anything?

I think it has to do with the fact that most "seasoned" Team Shelby people would have called Robert or Sharon and it would have been taken care of quickly.

I had an issue with one of my orders. I received the wrong item. One call and it was corrected.

My brother has ordered a ton of stuff through the Shelby Store. Only problem he ever had was he had to wait a month for his KB 2.8, but he got it for $3000 off so he was fine with that.

I think Robert and Sharon are doing a great job considering what they have been asked to do.

would have to agree that my first order with the store wasnt my best "mail order experience" by any means.....placed an order by email for 2 items & confirmed by phone, my c/c was charged for the FULL order, but only rec'd one item, with NO info on where the other part was....after a few calls/emails, was told part was "backordered" & would be shipped out asap.....did receive it about a week later, but WHY was my c/c charged for the full order if one part was "out-of-stock"?? Any other mail-order companies I've dealt with inform me immediately what is "out-of-stock", and definitely DONT charge my c/c/ till the item ships......All in all, I got my parts & was charged the correct amount, but I will think twice b4 ordering from them in the future........

i agree paid in full for my $700.00 in merchandise waiting 3weeks and still waiting!!!!!!

If you can email me your name and invoice number I can look into why the order has taken so long.

I will see if something went on back order. Although if it did you should have been contacted about the issue.

Sharon

Well it is March 30, 2010 and I just tried to call the Shelby Store to ask some questions and place an order. I got a voice message saying I was next in line and then immediately got a voice recording saying they couldn't take my call. So I left a message to have them call me back. Let's see if they do. But this phone system of theirs is not good. Someone ought to let the man on the yellow car know so he can add his influence. After all his name is on it even though it is a separate organization.

It isn't hard to have a good phone system and have 1 person operating it, is it?

Racin' Randy

Well it is March 30, 2010 and I just tried to call the Shelby Store to ask some questions and place an order. I got a voice message saying I was next in line and then immediately got a voice recording saying they couldn't take my call. So I left a message to have them call me back. Let's see if they do. But this phone system of theirs is not good. Someone ought to let the man on the yellow car know so he can add his influence. After all his name is on it even though it is a separate organization.

It isn't hard to have a good phone system and have 1 person operating it, is it?

Racin' Randy

"Someone ought to let the man on the yellow car know so he can add his influence. After all his name is on it even though it is a separate organization."

Racin Randy,

The man you are talking about is Mr Carroll Shelby and I think you know that.... I think he deserves alot of respect and credit of where he was and is.....Secondly, The staff that works at SAI and at the Shelby Store, try very hard to please their customers and TS members but, unfortunately not everyone is happy and satisfied at the end cause they will never be.....I can and definitely agree with you that maybe there is a problem with their phone service system but give them sometime....The Shelby store is getting started and nobody nor any system is perfect.....My point to yall is, please be patient and with the right attitude everyone will be satisfied at the end......

With respect to yall and patience is a virtue...... wink.gif

Alexandros

i wish i could use your money to run my business

Whose money? Robert's? Carroll's? El Shelby's? Mine?

If you own your own business, you probably already doing better than most of us.

Besides, I'm sure your business is perfect and that every customer is satisfied every time, right? confused.gif

Archived