TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Whipple Strut Bar...

SGT/SC#0471

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a picture of it, but have been asked not to post it. It hits the SC with the stock motor mounts. You'll need to use a stiffer motor mount.

Is it a lowered mount or just a stiffer one? Does FFRP still intend to release the brace atr some point or is it just experimental? Thanks for the update...

Is it a lowered mount or just a stiffer one? Does FFRP still intend to release the brace atr some point or is it just experimental? Thanks for the update...

just a stiffer mm. I haven't heard any new news about it, so it may have been shelved. Chip Beck was working one, may be he has some updates on his progress.

just a stiffer mm. I haven't heard any new news about it, so it may have been shelved. Chip Beck was working one, may be he has some updates on his progress.

Thanks. I looked at mine after I first got it home and I cannot see any way you could make a brace that could fit. Dropping the engine might get it, but there is way little clearance under there.

And in reality, I have not noticed it being absent from the car now.

I only think I am that good! Haha Cheers!

Thanks. I looked at mine after I first got it home and I cannot see any way you could make a brace that could fit. Dropping the engine might get it, but there is way little clearance under there.

And in reality, I have not noticed it being absent from the car now.

I only think I am that good! Haha Cheers!

The strut tower braces on these cars are purely cosmetic. There's zero chance that a bar with that kind of curve is going to do a damn thing for handling on a 3500+ lb car.

Regardless, not having the FRPP bar would bum me out, just because it really does tie things together nicely. If you rest the bar flatly on the top of your Whipple, how far is it from the bottom of the bar to the top of a strut tower?

I've got a set of poly motor mounts that lower the engine 1/2" and I've had zero issues since installing them. It's not a bad install either, so you may want to give it a try, if you think 1/2" drop would help get you there. If that still doesn't do it, perhaps you could figure out a way to pull the stock strut studs and replace them with longer ones? Then on top of the strut towers, over the tops of each longer stud, you could insert a spacer to raise the bar up off the strut towers. I guess it all depends on how much of a difference you need to make up with that Whipple in the way. Hood clearance could be an issue with spacers as well.

I dunno man, just thinking out loud. Good luck either way.

The strut tower braces on these cars are purely cosmetic. There's zero chance that a bar with that kind of curve is going to do a damn thing for handling on a 3500+ lb car.

Regardless, not having the FRPP bar would bum me out, just because it really does tie things together nicely. If you rest the bar flatly on the top of your Whipple, how far is it from the bottom of the bar to the top of a strut tower?

I've got a set of poly motor mounts that lower the engine 1/2" and I've had zero issues since installing them. It's not a bad install either, so you may want to give it a try, if you think 1/2" drop would help get you there. If that still doesn't do it, perhaps you could figure out a way to pull the stock strut studs and replace them with longer ones? Then on top of the strut towers, over the tops of each longer stud, you could insert a spacer to raise the bar up off the strut towers. I guess it all depends on how much of a difference you need to make up with that Whipple in the way. Hood clearance could be an issue with spacers as well.

I dunno man, just thinking out loud. Good luck either way.

I've got the Lethal Performance lowering motor mounts on my car. No way will it fit with the Whipple.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I know the V6/Bullitt brace is taller then the brace on the SGT. I'm just not sure about how much taller it is.

I agree with Ken that little if anything is gained by the brace. Particularly since it does not tie into the cal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found a Shelby GT-C/SC for sale in ebay item number 130431267797 and it has a Whipple and a strut tower brace. Anybody know the owner of this car and what is the brace they are using and if the engine is lowered? -Kevin

Tasca did the mods on this SGT and lowered the motor so the STB would fit. Drew )the owner) has posted on here before about this SGT and his Blue Stripe Super Snake

Archived