TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Scoop and Stripes...

Took my SGT to Gaudin Ford here in Vegas this afternoon to begin the warranty procedure for my scoop and stripes...

Cross your fingers for me!

unsure.gif

Jer

Took my SGT to Gaudin Ford here in Vegas this afternoon to begin the warranty procedure for my scoop and stripes...

Cross your fingers for me!

unsure.gif

Jer

Hope your luck will be as good as mine. I used Bell Ford in Phoenix for the same issues. Took a month to get the new scoop and stripes, but then I got a break. They were so neat and professional when changing out the scoop, that we never had to touch the original stripes. We instead used the new stripes on my GT 500 spoiler, which they painted and installed. Highly recommend these guys.

I need to do a signature and avatar...this is 07SGT0015

Thanks, guys... yeah, nothing to do now but wait. Sigh...

I'm being optimistic, no sense freaking out unless I've got a reason to.

Looking forward to posting great news soon.

Jer

Well I am getting the scoop warrantied. But no go on the stripes. So I had enough BS with it, I am getting them done by a guy here in Medford that is really good and has done other Shelbys. He is doing the whole job including material(warrantied for 7 years) for $500.

Let me know I when you actually get scheduled for the work. I have been waiting for my second set of stripes (dealer screwed up the first set) since September! They keep telling me the stripes are on backorder! If you are scheduled before me I'll have words with the dealer that shouldn't be said in front of small children, grandmothers, and the U.S. Marines!

Let me know I when you actually get scheduled for the work. I have been waiting for my second set of stripes (dealer screwed up the first set) since September! They keep telling me the stripes are on backorder! If you are scheduled before me I'll have words with the dealer that shouldn't be said in front of small children, grandmothers, and the U.S. Marines!

ALWAYS verify such claims with SA or Ford Warranty. If the dealer messed up the stripes they are out of their pocket now materials AND labor. So be sure to verify they have been ordered and get an estimated delivery date. There is no reason to call the dealer, call SA or Ford Warranty for updates. One of my dealers delayed me and then tried to pass off "close enough" stripes after they messed up to save a few hundred dollars. I feel their pain but they messed them up! I would also suggest you read the Stripe Thread and find yourself a good auto-graphics shop to do the work. Have the dealer sub-contract to them with the Ford labor allowance going to the shop and you pay the difference. IMHO!

Good luck!

JASON. . . NO stripes for you!!!!! :slapfight:

Hey, it was nice meeting you last week. I didn't get your phone number. Can you PM it to me? Take care.

jP

ALWAYS verify such claims with SA or Ford Warranty. If the dealer messed up the stripes they are out of their pocket now materials AND labor. So be sure to verify they have been ordered and get an estimated delivery date. There is no reason to call the dealer, call SA or Ford Warranty for updates. One of my dealers delayed me and then tried to pass off "close enough" stripes after they messed up to save a few hundred dollars. I feel their pain but they messed them up! I would also suggest you read the Stripe Thread and find yourself a good auto-graphics shop to do the work. Have the dealer sub-contract to them with the Ford labor allowance going to the shop and you pay the difference. IMHO!

Good luck!

Jeff, do you mean the Stripe Thread that used to be a sticky? What happened there?

-Tom

Jeff, do you mean the Stripe Thread that used to be a sticky? What happened there?

-Tom

Yeah...sorry I should have included a link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37527-the-stripes-thread/

It's just no longer a sticky and I'm no longer forcing people to restrict stripe posts to a single thread.

Yeah...sorry I should have included a link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37527-the-stripes-thread/

It's just no longer a sticky and I'm no longer forcing people to restrict stripe posts to a single thread.

Pity... even if the restiction was lifted, it was nice to have a quick way to access the info and get updates

about stipes and scoop issues. But ya can't please everybody all the time, eh?

A thought is to have a closed sticky thread with links to good "repository" threads such as those, akin to the

TSB and Warranty ones.

-Tom

Pity... even if the restiction was lifted, it was nice to have a quick way to access the info and get updates

about stipes and scoop issues. But ya can't please everybody all the time, eh?

A thought is to have a closed sticky thread with links to good "repository" threads such as those, akin to the

TSB and Warranty ones.

-Tom

I thought of that too! Problem is, I think, the stripes are a moving target as the cars get older, other experiences, and things change, so I decided to just let things run their course. The real driving issue back in 2007/8 was the day that almost every other thread was a hood scoop or stripe thread. It was crazy! I think we're past that now and anyone using the search will find the threads pretty quick. Until then I'll do my best to point people to the right place.

I thought of that too! Problem is, I think, the stripes are a moving target as the cars get older, other experiences, and things change, so I decided to just let things run their course. The real driving issue back in 2007/8 was the day that almost every other thread was a hood scoop or stripe thread. It was crazy! I think we're past that now and anyone using the search will find the threads pretty quick. Until then I'll do my best to point people to the right place.

Good job as always, Jeff.

Hers is going in next month to get some issues corrected with the stripes and scoop. I had my dealership start working on this back in January so that there wouldn't be any surprises. I hope this all goes smooth.

Good luck with you as well, Jer. Bring us some good news on your updates.

Hope your luck will be as good as mine. I used Bell Ford in Phoenix for the same issues. Took a month to get the new scoop and stripes, but then I got a break. They were so neat and professional when changing out the scoop, that we never had to touch the original stripes. We instead used the new stripes on my GT 500 spoiler, which they painted and installed. Highly recommend these guys.

I need to do a signature and avatar...this is 07SGT0015

Did they have to drill all the rivet holes? Can't find anyone here that will touch my SGT scoop. Have the new one in, no where to go.

Did they have to drill all the rivet holes? Can't find anyone here that will touch my SGT scoop. Have the new one in, no where to go.

I have no idea re: the rivet holes. All I know is the end result. They removed the old scoop, replaced it with the new one, and never touched the existing stripes. Absolutely zero damage to the naked eye.

Here is information you may want to act on;

Rick Anderson, Body Shop Mgr.

Bell Ford

2401 W. Bell Rd.

Phoenix, AZ 85023

602-564-3141

As a point of reference mention they did my 2007 black SGT last week ...good luck.

Dale's 08 SGT has been at Tasca for 5 weeks....couldnt get it last week with the bad storm.....picking her up tomorrow....

new hood scoop and restriping the whole car,......

Driving up with my son tomorrow......cant wait to see it.

Did they re-stripe the whole car under warranty? I know they'll do the hood stripes if they

were damaged by the warping old scoop under warranty. Was there another issue?

I only ask because as soon as I trust the weather up here, I'll dig the car out of the garage

and head down to Tasca to start a warranty claim. It would be easier to ask for the Dale's 08 SGT

special.

On a separate note, has anyone asked Tasca to cut a hole under the scoop as others

have done (at an extra cost)?

-Tom

Did they re-stripe the whole car under warranty? I know they'll do the hood stripes if they

were damaged by the warping old scoop under warranty. Was there another issue?

I only ask because as soon as I trust the weather up here, I'll dig the car out of the garage

and head down to Tasca to start a warranty claim. It would be easier to ask for the Dale's 08 SGT

special.

On a separate note, has anyone asked Tasca to cut a hole under the scoop as others

have done (at an extra cost)?

-Tom

Yes, the whole car has been restriped under warranty. The stripes had spots on them from day one when we picked up the car, bumper to bumper.

There was also a corrosion issue around the hood pin plates, that has been fixed and painted under warranty as well. New hood scoop as well.

We sent in all the pics and it was approved, work was finished this week, Im picking the car up tomorrow.

Just dropped of my car to be restriped and have the new hood scoop and pins installed. Shelby warrantied the scoop and pins but not the stripes. Also I had my scoop painted all black like my car, and it will stay that way. I am having my stripes wrap around the base of the scoop. I also had installed the Shelby GT500 style spoiler which will get restripped. While there at the shop that is dong the work I see that they had the new type of window tint. The IR type, so they also are going to retint my whole car with that type. That will be a dramatic improvement for the summer time comng up. I get to pick it up next Friday, CANT WAIT! :happy feet:

Just dropped of my car to be restriped and have the new hood scoop and pins installed. Shelby warrantied the scoop and pins but not the stripes. Also I had my scoop painted all black like my car, and it will stay that way. I am having my stripes wrap around the base of the scoop. I also had installed the Shelby GT500 style spoiler which will get restripped. While there at the shop that is dong the work I see that they had the new type of window tint. The IR type, so they also are going to retint my whole car with that type. That will be a dramatic improvement for the summer time comng up. I get to pick it up next Friday, CANT WAIT! :happy feet:

PS-Also with my scoop, it is NOT getting riveted back on, it will have a nice smooth look. :happy feet:

• 1 month later...

Three sets of stripes, close to 4 months and I picked the car up yesterday AFTER I had the stripe painted on. The first set of stripes arrived and were scratched. I had to wait again for them to become available. Next set arrived & dealer had bubbles in them. Next set had scratches again after installation. Dealer agreed waiting for another set was out of the question so they were painted on, scoop installed, new lanyards installed and my wife has her car back. It looks amazing!!!

Glad to have it back so I can install brakes!!

Update:

Got an email from the dealer (only a month after bringing it in, that's awesome)...

Looks like I've been cleared for warranty replacement on the stripes, scoops, and hood pins. No word on the rusted hood or mufflers.

In other words, Shelby's hooking me up, Ford (SVT) is dragging their feet. Heh.

Jer

• 2 months later...

A few days shy of a 4 month wait for warranty... finally went over to the dealer. He said the only part they're waiting for is the second FRPP muffler. Scoop, stripes, hoodpins, etc... are ready to go. So I told him I'd pick up the mufflers whenever they come in, but LET'S GET THE CAR RESTRIPED, RESCOOPED AND GET THE RUST OUTTA MY HOOD.

My stripes are EASILY the worst I've ever seen. They're rusty, peeling, little stretched slices all over them... just HORRIBLE. Roger asked me to please NOT park in front of my workplace, he was ashamed to have people see them <he was half-kidding>. BTW, Shelby had their side of the parts supply at the dealer pronto. Roger even called the dealer and gave him a hard time about making me wait... Ford SVT is the big holdout, and I can tell you - after seeing racks of finished SGT scoops in the warehouse at Shelby, I'm pretty convinced the DEALERS are also FULL OF you-know-what.

I'm dropping the car off Monday. They said it will be "one solid week". I'll post pix when complete.

Now I gotta find some aluminum sheetmetal screws. I don't want steel ones going back in that hood after it's fixed.

Jer

Archived