TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Countdown to Retirement

The % margins have not changed much since election night of November 5th. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done, hands down. I attended 3 candidate forums (1 was on TV). Networked at countless events over the last 5 months to meet citizens. Door knocked 2630 homes to talk to citizens in the last 3 weeks of the campaign. Engaged thousands of people on Social media sites. Ran 1/4 page ads in the local Magazine for the last 3 months. Sent a mailer to every registered voter and had it arrive the same day as the ballots arrived. Placed 100 yard signs. Installed five 4X8 big signs. Installed eight 4X4 Medium signs. Studied the City's Municipal code library for months. Studied the Comprehensive growth plan for months. Wrote speech's and practiced them. Designed my fliers and mailers. It seemed to never end.

Now it feels surreal to have been elected. It was not easy to unseat a 12 year incumbent. I had to work for every vote for 5 months ! 

City of Ridgefield Council - Position No. 5
Election Day Voting Total:

Rob Aichele 808 votes = 56.07%

Darren Wertz 633 votes =  43.93%

Cast Votes: 1441 as of 5pm on 11/7/19

On 10/28/2019 at 2:36 PM, BIKEBOY said:
On 11/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, twobjshelbys said:

It would appear so.  Congrats Rob!!!

image.png.c2e23645e4f44c24935e4b0e37025aa8.png

Congrats Rob. You oughtta be real good at that! I say congrats because you’re enjoying retirement, but as Bill stated, this council position may make you think twice about it. Back when I had my bikestore in my small town, my wife and a lot of my customers wanted me to run (some begged me) for council...even some said I should think of being mayor! 😲

Well, after going to MANY of the council meetings just as a business owner in town, I quickly saw the politics and the nastiness that can rear its head in such a small community, and decided to never again speak of it. 
I hope your town is not like ours is. 
All the best buddy! 

Bill, I retired in 2009 after selling my bicycle store, and as you, have done lots of volunteering. Mainly with special needs individuals. I love the feeling it gives me and really enjoy the satisfaction of seeing the benefit of the families I am able to help. 
I kinda stepped away for a while, as my new home was being built here in Az. (As we were traveling back and forth from the east coast while it was under construction) and I couldn’t realistically promise my hours to anyone. So now that I am all settled in here in Az. we are once again discussing what the next chapter will hold for me. Curiously my wife still works at her job in NJ. and travels back and forth once every couple of weeks, though her company allows her to call Az. home base. I can’t make her quit, nor will I. 

May I ask what sort of volunteering you and your wife do, Bill? 

Chris 

They are still counting ballots. This is last nights count:

Screenshot_2019-11-09-14-12-21-1.png

On 11/7/2019 at 10:42 PM, Grabber said:

Rob we live right down the road and I can say forsure you’re the right candidate. I am hoping you prevail and it looks like you will. Keep it going Rob you’ve got this!,,

he % margins have not changed much since election night of November 5th. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done, hands down. I attended 3 candidate forums (1 was on TV). Networked at countless events over the last 5 months to meet citizens. Door knocked 2630 homes to talk to citizens in the last 3 weeks of the campaign. Engaged thousands of people on Social media sites. Ran 1/4 page ads in the local Magazine for the last 3 months. Sent a mailer to every registered voter and had it arrive the same day as the ballots arrived. Placed 100 yard signs. Installed five 4X8 big signs. Installed eight 4X4 Medium signs. Studied the City's Municipal code library for months. Studied the Comprehensive growth plan for months. Wrote speech's and practiced them. Designed my fliers and mailers. It seemed to never end.

Now it feels surreal to have been elected. It was not easy to unseat a 12 year incumbent. I had to work for every vote for 5 months ! 

City of Ridgefield Council - Position No. 5
Election Day Voting Total:

Rob Aichele 808 votes = 56.07%

Darren Wertz 633 votes =  43.93%

Cast Votes: 1441 as of 5pm on 11/7/19

Thanks everyone. The reason it takes so long is a lot of people file to submit an absentee ballot. People out of town or Military personnel. In General elections this always happens. It is certified 21 days after the main vote. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, Grabber said:

Thanks everyone. The reason it takes so long is a lot of people file to submit an absentee ballot. People out of town or Military personnel. In General elections this always happens. It is certified 21 days after the main vote. 

Time for some quid pro quo 

jk

Enjoy your new chapter Rob!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, BIKEBOY said:

Well...how goes it Councilman???

:lurk:

This is very challenging times during the global pandemic in WA state as you very well know. I have been busy working with our City to set up new processes and protections. Be  safe all and stay healthy. Rob

City Council head shot 1 reduced.JPG

2 hours ago, Grabber said:

This is very challenging times during the global pandemic in WA state as you very well know. I have been busy working with our City to set up new processes and protections. Be  safe all and stay healthy. Rob

City Council head shot 1 reduced.JPG

Right back at you Rob and family...stay safe bud.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...