TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Countdown to Retirement

You guys are akick in the butt. lol. I had a staff meeting to attend to and a report to give. Then a speech and a warm send off. The staff took me out to a nice breakfast. Then I had to pack up my office and turn my stuff in including my company car. A co-worker just gave me a ride home.

I can work 480 hours a year in the trade or supervision and collect my pension. That is my plan. 3 months work and 9 months off. Not a bad gig.

Someone call and wakeup Grabber. Tell him he is late for work.

LOL. Day 1 retired.

That gives me an idea ! I could start a thread counting all the days of my retirement. I have some extra time to do that now. What if the 1st Cobra does not make enough money when they sell it and they close the site down?

Hey retiree. What are you doing on your first day?

1. Slept in

2. Read news paper cover to cover.

3. Tana made me Breakfast and coffee

4. Spent time with my best little buddy Harley playing.

5. Went on 1.5 mile walk with Tana & Harley

6. Went on 5 mile jog

7. Had a cold ice coffee drink

8. Showered

9. Played on forums and facebook

10. Leaving in my 500 to take wifey out for early dinner

11. Then going to Fred Meyers to do some shopping

12. Then coming home to to see my best bud Harley and take him for a evening walk with Tana

13. Watch some TV

14. Hit the sack with my wifey :wub:

Tomorrow is my last official “Get up”. 83 & Out! 27.5 years ago on Feb. 3 1989 I was recruited and stripped off of a non Union residential job and brought into the Union by a Union Carpenter. That Union Carpenter mentored me and helped secure my 1st Union job. He showed me how to “network”. The rest was up to me and my determination and drive to be the best I could be at my trade. If it was going to be…it was up to me. I raised my family on Union wages and bought my 1st home. The Union wages allowed my wife to stay at home with the 3 kids. We always had health insurance. The Union bargained for my pension contributions and wages. The Union allowed me to save some of my own money in a 401K. Now at age 55 I am going to start collecting my pension on July 1st. I have planned & plotted the map for directions and tomorrow I am taking the EXIT.

attachicon.gifearly-retirement-road-sign-illustration-next-exit-54929069.jpg

Well said Brother!!............... :thumbsup:

1. Slept in

2. Read news paper cover to cover.

3. Tana made me Breakfast and coffee

4. Spent time with my best little buddy Harley playing.

5. Went on 1.5 mile walk with Tana & Harley

6. Went on 5 mile jog

7. Had a cold ice coffee drink

8. Showered

9. Played on forums and facebook

10. Leaving in my 500 to take wifey out for early dinner

11. Then going to Fred Meyers to do some shopping

12. Then coming home to to see my best bud Harley and take him for a evening walk with Tana

13. Watch some TV

14. Hit the sack with my wifey :wub:

14. :whistling:

Slept in today. Getting ready to go to the eye doctors to have them tweak my new contact lenses prescription a little. Then I am going to volunteer my service on the JATC which I used to be a paid committee member. I told the committee that I would stay on as a volunteer. After the lunch meeting we will review Oregon and SW Washington apprenticeship numbers and graduates. Then we will evauluate how many apprentices we should bring into the program this month and then conduct hearings for apprentices that must come before the board for not following thru with there commitments of taking classes and the required training hours. We end up putting some on probation and removing some from the program entirely.

Oregon Apprenticeship Guide - Carpenter
Carpenter.jpgJob Description
Carpenters build or remodel almost all structures, including houses and commercial buildings, bridges, churches, factories and highways. They work with power and hand tools to build wood framing for houses, roofs, stairs, decks and sheaths, and forms for concrete. Carpenters install doors, windows and handrails, build cabinets and counter tops. Carpenters perform interior and exterior finish work. They read blueprints, measure accurately and calculate dimensions.

Working Conditions
Carpenter work is very physical and involves standing, climbing, kneeling, lifting and squatting. Carpenters must be in good health, agile and have good hand-eye coordination. Work conditions vary with each job.

Minimum Qualifications
Apprenticeship applicants must be at least 18 years of age, or 17 with proof of high school graduation or general education development (GED) equivalent.

Apprenticeship Committees

MA# 1057
Union Oregon SW Washington Carpenters JATC

Phone: 503-287-3708 or 877-287-9282
Email:johnschraner@pnci.org
Statewide
View Notice for Monthly Openings for April - September 2016
Accepting applications: Monday 3:00 - 4:00 PM & Tuesday 9:00 - 10:00 AM

View Opening Notice for February 1st - July 31st, 2016 - Specific Counties
Applications & Pre-Hire Class by Appointment Only (503) 595-5450

Slept in today. Getting ready to go to the eye doctors to have them tweak my new contact lenses prescription a little. Then I am going to volunteer my service on the JATC which I used to be a paid committee member. I told the committee that I would stay on as a volunteer. After the lunch meeting we will review Oregon and SW Washington apprenticeship numbers and graduates. Then we will evauluate how many apprentices we should bring into the program this month and then conduct hearings for apprentices that must come before the board for not following thru with there commitments of taking classes and the required training hours. We end up putting some on probation and removing some from the program entirely.

Oregon Apprenticeship Guide - Carpenter

Carpenter.jpgJob Description

Carpenters build or remodel almost all structures, including houses and commercial buildings, bridges, churches, factories and highways. They work with power and hand tools to build wood framing for houses, roofs, stairs, decks and sheaths, and forms for concrete. Carpenters install doors, windows and handrails, build cabinets and counter tops. Carpenters perform interior and exterior finish work. They read blueprints, measure accurately and calculate dimensions.

Working Conditions

Carpenter work is very physical and involves standing, climbing, kneeling, lifting and squatting. Carpenters must be in good health, agile and have good hand-eye coordination. Work conditions vary with each job.

Minimum Qualifications

Apprenticeship applicants must be at least 18 years of age, or 17 with proof of high school graduation or general education development (GED) equivalent.

Apprenticeship Committees

MA# 1057

Union Oregon SW Washington Carpenters JATC

Phone: 503-287-3708 or 877-287-9282

Email:johnschraner@pnci.org

Statewide
View Notice for Monthly Openings for April - September 2016

Accepting applications: Monday 3:00 - 4:00 PM & Tuesday 9:00 - 10:00 AM

View Opening Notice for February 1st - July 31st, 2016 - Specific Counties

Applications & Pre-Hire Class by Appointment Only (503) 595-5450

:thumbsup:

I have a total of 6 activities each month to keep me connected to the industry. The JATC is one I am really passionate about. The other one is called CIA (Carpenters In Action) We do bottom up organizing and community outreach. That meeting was this evening. Both events fed me today. lol

2 of the other meetings are Union meetings with members. I can stay connected this way. Also 2 free dinners. lol

Then there is the Labor round-table meeting every 2 weeks. Free breakfast. lol

I also forgot about the once a month Foreman / Supt. training class that I am helping with. Free dinner too. lol

This is all stuff I want to do, but I do not have to do.

Put 250 miles on my GT500 the last couple days.chirp.gif

My new daily driver !

I have a total of 6 activities each month to keep me connected to the industry. The JATC is one I am really passionate about. The other one is called CIA (Carpenters In Action) We do bottom up organizing and community outreach. That meeting was this evening. Both events fed me today. lol

2 of the other meetings are Union meetings with members. I can stay connected this way. Also 2 free dinners. lol

Then there is the Labor round-table meeting every 2 weeks. Free breakfast. lol

I also forgot about the once a month Foreman / Supt. training class that I am helping with. Free dinner too. lol

This is all stuff I want to do, but I do not have to do.

Put 250 miles on my GT500 the last couple days.chirp.gif

My new daily driver !

Sounds to me like you're gonna get FAT!!! :hysterical:

You guys just don't get it. Item #14 has other benefits. Benefits that offset the free meals.

My wife has schooled me up on it.

I will share her secret with you:

http://www.womansday.com/relationships/sex-tips/advice/a1922/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923/

I feel bad that you guys do not have educated women when it comes to burning calories.

Edited by Grabber

You guys just don't get it. Item #14 has other benefits. Benefits that offset the free meals.

My wife has schooled me up on it.

I will share her secret with you:

http://www.womansday.com/relationships/sex-tips/advice/a1922/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923/

I feel bad that you guys do not have educated women when it comes to burning calories.

:kiss:

:hysterical2::hysterical2: