TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Countdown to Retirement

Whoa. Most impressive. Definitely a Master Craftsman. What was that, back when Jimmy Carter was President?

Thanks Bear.... :thumbsup:

Trudeau was Prime Minister...I am Canadian.......or as some Americans would say!!...A snow Mexican............ :hysterical2:

Monday I was eligible to apply for jobs within my Union and work 3 months out of every year and still collect my pension. At 6:30 Monday morning I was at the Union office asking to speak with the Regional Manager. He called me into his office and said what are you doing here? I said remember I said that after my 30 days I would be reaching out for a part time position as a Union Representative ! He called the CEO and told him he could sure use me. I was then told it would be discussed at a meeting Wed. morning. At 10am Wed the Manager called me. I was approved for rehire ! I started today and will be working 5 days every month here and there on special big projects and organizing tasks. Union Forman "A" scale with Healthcare benefits. I was told this is the first time a part time representative has ever been hired. I guess I made some history. I started today. I do not get a car, but get reimbursed for mileage. Cell phone and I Pad and computer too.

This is awesome !

yaayy.gif

Monday I was eligible to apply for jobs within my Union and work 3 months out of every year and still collect my pension. At 6:30 Monday morning I was at the Union office asking to speak with the Regional Manager. He called me into his office and said what are you doing here? I said remember I said that after my 30 days I would be reaching out for a part time position as a Union Representative ! He called the CEO and told him he could sure use me. I was then told it would be discussed at a meeting Wed. morning. At 10am Wed the Manager called me. I was approved for rehire ! I started today and will be working 5 days every month here and there on special big projects and organizing tasks. Union Forman "A" scale with Healthcare benefits. I was told this is the first time a part time representative has ever been hired. I guess I made some history. I started today. I do not get a car, but get reimbursed for mileage. Cell phone and I Pad and computer too.

This is awesome !

yaayy.gif

re·tire·ment
rəˈtī(ə)rmənt/
noun
noun: retirement; plural noun: retirements
  1. 1.
    the action or fact of leaving one's job and ceasing to work..

This is awesome !

yaayy.gif

Congrats Rob!!....... :thumbsup:

re·tire·ment
rəˈtī(ə)rmənt/
noun
noun: retirement; plural noun: retirements
  1. 1.
    the action or fact of leaving one's job and ceasing to work..

semiretired
adjective semi·re·tired \-ri-ˈtī(-ə)rd\
Popularity: Bottom 30% of words
Simple Definition of semiretired
  • : working only part-time at a career, job, etc., especially because you have reached the age at which you no longer need or want to work full-time

Edited by Grabber

semiretired

adjective semi·re·tired \-ri-ˈtī(-ə)rd\

Popularity: Bottom 30% of words

Simple Definition of semiretired

• : working only part-time at a career, job, etc., especially because you have reached the age at which you no longer need or want to work full-time

:lurk: