TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snowing in Dixie

I love the South. Weatherman has been on the tube since noon today talking about snow, when it's going to get here, how much....we haven't had a storm of this magnatude since..........can't find milk or bread in any store....talk about freaking out! They said we would get 1-3 inches and so far we have 4 inches and it's still coming down. Started at 330pm today. If it continues until 2am like they say, I think we will have closer to 6 inches. Roads are now covered and temp at 31-32 so it should get interesting around here tonight. The midday high tomorrow is suppose to 28. I think we will take a ride tonight around midnight just to see all the cars in the ditches. Oh well, doesn't happen often around here and it is pretty...if it is gone tomorrow. I do like the way snow makes everything seem so quiet and peaceful. Still can't understand how you folks up North put up w/ this more weeks and months on end. I couldn't....been in the South too long and thinking about looking at land in Florida next week! :hysterical:

post-10682-126602128454_thumb.jpg

post-10682-126602130042_thumb.jpg

post-10682-126602128454_thumb.jpg

post-10682-126602130042_thumb.jpg

7-8 inches now. Think the weather man missed it. Still snowing. I had to go p/u inlaws as there power went out so they will stay w/ us tonight. Fireplace is roaring and they are settled in watching tv. Roads are getting bad and will be a real mess in the morning. The FX4 didn't even notice the trip tonight. Gotta love those FORDS! :shift:

I love the South. Weatherman has been on the tube since noon today talking about snow, when it's going to get here, how much....we haven't had a storm of this magnatude since..........can't find milk or bread in any store....talk about freaking out! They said we would get 1-3 inches and so far we have 4 inches and it's still coming down. Started at 330pm today. If it continues until 2am like they say, I think we will have closer to 6 inches. Roads are now covered and temp at 31-32 so it should get interesting around here tonight. The midday high tomorrow is suppose to 28. I think we will take a ride tonight around midnight just to see all the cars in the ditches. Oh well, doesn't happen often around here and it is pretty...if it is gone tomorrow. I do like the way snow makes everything seem so quiet and peaceful. Still can't understand how you folks up North put up w/ this more weeks and months on end. I couldn't....been in the South too long and thinking about looking at land in Florida next week! :hysterical:

I can't deal with this crappy weather anymore up here in Connecticut.... :banghead::runaway: and I was going to move South but after seeing those pics I have to change my mind and move to another friggen planet..... :hysterical2:

I can't deal with this crappy weather anymore up here in Connecticut.... :banghead::runaway: and I was going to move South but after seeing those pics I have to change my mind and move to another friggen planet..... :hysterical2:

you'll get a kick out of this...they just said on the news that they have closed I-26 outbound here in Columbia due to the trecherous road conditions...also, numerous road closures thru out the county....if we had some snow plows they would have to....and of course people around here don't know how to drive in the snow.... :hysterical:

you'll get a kick out of this...they just said on the news that they have closed I-26 outbound here in Columbia due to the trecherous road conditions...also, numerous road closures thru out the county....if we had some snow plows they would have to....and of course people around here don't know how to drive in the snow.... :hysterical:

I just heard they rushed two dozen people to the ER! I guess they all ran outside, looked up with there mouths wide open in sheer wonder at the sight of snow and nearly drowned on the snow flakes three hours later. :confused:

It has yet to Snow here in Tallahassee :happy feet:

I read that Thursday was the first time ever that 49 out of the 50 states had snow somewhere within their borders :o

Apparently Hawaii has not conformed to the belief that the “Global Warming” problem has been fixed. They have a couple of Mountains that are High enough to have Snow at the Top but for some reason, the Snow is now gone.

I feel sooooooooo sorry for you guys!!!

hysterical3.gifhysterical.gif

Yeah I know. What a bunch of cry babies. Some of us LOVE the snow and the more snow the better. This has been the most incredible year for snowmobiling I am in paradise here in MN

Archived