TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anybody with glass roof in your shelby?

shelby2010

hello, someone has his shelby with a glass roof?, look at me one would be interested in used car but do not know if I will find one who does, because I have not seen anyone.

If somebody has it, I can tell if it is comfortable? and if you can hang some pictures too.

forgiveness for the English, but I'm using a translator. I'm from Spain and it is very difficult to find a shelby here. Thank you

Shelby2010: You cannot order a Shelby with a glass roof. It is an option for the Mustang GT only. Like you, I have not spoken to anyone who has the glass roof on their Mustang GT, so I do not know if they like it or not.

The only options for the Shelby GT500 are: color, body style (coupe or convertible), and stripe delete. They also only have a manual transmission, not an automatic.

Have any good paella lately? My ex-wife is from the Canary Islands; she made the BEST seafood paella!

Mark

The one person I met with a Glass Roof GT said she would never do it again. For her it allowed too much sun and heat into the Mustang. However, I need to qualify that I live in North Taxes where it can reach as high as 105f to 110f in the summer months. This woman stated that even with the shade pulled across the glass that it was too hot in the car.

The glass roof can be added to any 05 to current Mustang by an authorized installer.

The only options for the Shelby GT500 are: color, body style (coupe or convertible), and stripe delete.

Mark

Uhhh, that's not entirely true, Mark.

Aside from Body Style, Body Color & Stripe Delete there are a few more options available than what you have listed.

There is also:

Stripe Color (N/C)

High Intensity Discharge/HID headlights ($525.00)

Shaker 1000 Stereo upgrade ($1,295.00)

Electronics package w/voice activated Nav, Sirius Travel Link & Dual Zone Elec. A/C ($2,195.00)

Shelby GT500 Car Cover ($375.00)

But to answer the guys question, no, there is no Glass Roof option for a GT500.

Phill

I drove a Terlingua with a glass roof and liked it very much....the tint that is put in between the glass layers cuts over 95% of the heat and UV rays, so there is no issue with sunburns, although it is a little bright in the car compared to a coupe. I have a convertible, so it seemed very nice to me to have the open feeling without the ragtop problems. In fact, I was all ready to get this option on a V6 and have my own Terlingua made till I heard about what is next in the Shelby line of vehicles....

hello, thank you all for answering.

Yes, I was talking about a Shelby GT500, so no glass roof because if it is not an option ....

Still intense, long ago that I like a good paella, so if some day we'll come to Spain to eat every one.

are very very good!!

Can you say if I understood well by using the translator?

Just confirming, Amy's car is a SGT-C

Chris

DSC00528.jpg

I could have sworn that it was a Mustang GT when we were at Terlingua I guess I am wrong sorry for the confusion. I don't think I took any photos of it at Terlingua I wish I had. I think she said she had the guys put a supercharger on it but in this photo there is no SC on the side stripe.

Does anybody have any photos of her car at Terlingua?

The Terlingua pictured below has a glass roof. It's the one that Warren drove. We like it very much. It's quite and doesn't heat up the car any more than a regular roof in my opinion. Sometimes the sun comes in at just the wrong angle and it a bit distracting, but you can close the shade when that happens. That could happen in a vert also.

I'll have it out for a bit tomorrow and try to post some pictures of the roof

Shelby2010: You cannot order a Shelby with a glass roof. It is an option for the Mustang GT only. Like you, I have not spoken to anyone who has the glass roof on their Mustang GT, so I do not know if they like it or not.

The only options for the Shelby GT500 are: color, body style (coupe or convertible), and stripe delete. They also only have a manual transmission, not an automatic.

Have any good paella lately? My ex-wife is from the Canary Islands; she made the BEST seafood paella!

Mark

......and (+ $2,300.) Navigation (Electronics) package! Not sure if all of the cars come with HID headlights either?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

with this becoming an option for the 2011 GT500 it has me wondering if we could get this done with a 2010. Anyone seen a 2010 GT500 with glass roof yet? For the people that had this done on their cars after they bought it, where did you get it done at? Maybe they will know if it's possible to do on the 2010 or why its not. also, what did it cost?

with this becoming an option for the 2011 GT500 it has me wondering if we could get this done with a 2010. Anyone seen a 2010 GT500 with glass roof yet? For the people that had this done on their cars after they bought it, where did you get it done at? Maybe they will know if it's possible to do on the 2010 or why its not. also, what did it cost?

It was my understanding that all the sheetmetal changed on the 2010 redesign except for the roof so that the existing glass roof could be carried over to the new body.

Should be able to have it installed on your 2010 with no problem other than a concern for what the torque the GT500 puts out over other Mustang models could do.

Steve

Archived