TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MMR forged 5.0 stroker build

^Hey Jason no I haven't, they're the Metco high flow rails with natural finish and 11/16" inside diameter. If you go the same route, be sure to buy the fuel rail adapter too.

And yeah Dan, this WILL fit under your hood! Let's get your stocker out and tear it apart man. :lol:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Hey Jason no I haven't, they're the Metco high flow rails with natural finish and 11/16" inside diameter. If you go the same route, be sure to buy the fuel rail adapter too.

And yeah Dan, this WILL fit under your hood! Let's get your stocker out and tear it apart man. :lol:

OK... How about next spring? (April'ish)

What parts are you still waiting on?

I still need to choose a clutch, mufflers, and an intercooler.

The only parts I'm waiting on aside from those are a McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing, FRPP steel clutch line, K&N crankcase breathers, Reische Performance 170* thermostat, and a coolant crossover gasket from Ford.

I'd also love to upgrade my throttle body, but I'm waiting on dyno results from L&M before choosing their twin 62mm or the one from FRPP.

OK... How about next spring? (April'ish)

Sounds good Dan, that'll give you plenty of time to plot everything out.

I went into work today for a bit and got the damper, tensioner, and pulleys installed. I still need to install the pile of countersunk screws all around the damper, but I didn't have my Torx bits with me to do it today.

The Steeda pulleys are pending sale right now, I actually just bought a set of Thump RRR billet idlers (8 rib) to replace them. The tensioner needs to go as well.

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

Thanks a lot fellas! I'm definitely getting really excited now that this thing is coming together. I'm still on the fence with which intercooler to go with, but am leaning towards the Paxton air-to-air. I also need to buy 8-rib pulleys for my AC/PS/alternator, a heavy duty tensioner, a smaller blower pulley, and a clutch. Other than that short list, I'm home free.

:drool::salute:

Man, that looks great!

Boy those valve covers would be nice with Shelby logo in a white etching. Just would set it off under the hood. Looks great and should perform even better..

Ken, I may not be seeing it, did the tab on the driver side cover get clipped for the paxton bracket?.

^Thanks man.

Today I got the FRPP aluminum flywheel bolted up with the 12-point ARP hardware.

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00859.jpg

Lookin good Ken. I'll be giving it a closer inspection and dying to hear this thing when the Blue Devil is brought up to Grabbers.

Hurry up May!!!! :D

Boy those valve covers would be nice with Shelby logo in a white etching. Just would set it off under the hood. Looks great and should perform even better..

Ken, I may not be seeing it, did the tab on the driver side cover get clipped for the paxton bracket?.

I agree about the cam covers Harald. I wish Shelby would hurry up and offer a set for the 3V. I've thought about custom engraving, but not sure on who to deal with.

And yes, I chopped the driver's side tab off last Summer when I installed my blower. These are the same blue FRPP cam covers I ran for nearly a year, I just had them sand blasted and powder coated black to match the rest of the motor.

Lookin good Ken. I'll be giving it a closer inspection and dying to hear this thing when the Blue Devil is brought up to Grabbers.

Hurry up May!!!! :D

LOL thanks Dave I like that a lot - 'blue devil'! I might hafta steal that from ya. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the long cruise north and to seeing all of my PacNW Shelby buddies again this year.

You guys ought to be able to hear me coming from Ashland - my new Magnaflow muffler deletes shipped out today!

I got ahead of myself with that flywheel install. I forgot about the bellhousing plate, so I pulled the flywheel back off and got the plate mounted up, then re-installed the flywheel.

Aside from that, I received my new Thump RRR Racing billet 8-rib idlers and the K&N crankcase breathers today, so I threw those on too. Here are a few pics.

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

Curious, why are you going with the K&N breathers when they will coat that nice sweet clean 3v in oil?

If I clean it every other day, it'll be fine. I'm just tired of the gunk that's filling my intake and I'm more tired of fighting with the hoses for my air/oil separator. I think they give it an old school look and they'll ensure that I'm never running too high of crankcase pressure again.

Well I'm tired of screwing around. I ordered a Spec Stage 3+ clutch yesterday, along with a smaller blower pulley (3.33"). Aside from that, I need a new OEM slave cylinder and I'm done...for now.

Once I get those parts, the engine and trans are going back into the car asap. I want to get as many break in miles on the engine and clutch as I can, before the big trip north to the Pac NW meet & greet.

Once I'm back from that, I'll figure out which intercooler to upgrade to. I'll also invest in the Paxton 8-rib pulley kit. I purchased a pile of 8-rib pulleys from Andrew, but I can't use most of them without the $500+ hardware from Paxton, because of the blower mounting plate interference. After those 2 kits get installed, I'll be done modding this thing for awhile.

I'm just happy to have a final plan to get her back up and running for the first time in several months.

"I'll be done modding this thing for awhile."

That's what they all say... You'll be thinking about you next mod halfway around your first lap at the track!!! It's a 12 step program, Step #1, first admit you have a problem.

Looking forward to seeing your results... Good luck man.

That's what they all say... You'll be thinking about you next mod halfway around your first lap at the track!!! It's a 12 step program, Step #1, first admit you have a problem.

Looking forward to seeing your results... Good luck man.

If you gander at my profile, you'll see that I'm a bona fide addict when it comes to modifications, my man! I can most certainly admit to that.

However, I really need to lay off the spending once I've got my immediate punch list out of the way. I gotta spend more time enjoying the driver's seat and less time under the hood. My wife insists on it! :lol:

I got a nice surprise phone call from Downtown Ford this afternoon to tell me that the clutch slave cylinder had arrived today.

So that's it, I've got everything I need to get the trans bolted back to the engine and dropped in the car. It's kind of a surreal feeling, after dealing with this for 5+ months.

My new clutch arrived in the mail today. I'm down to waiting on the final part, a new clutch slave cylinder, which I'm picking up Monday morning.

Ken,

Is that the Spec 3+ cause that would be the same route I took and really liked it !

Andrew

PS I am thinking of selling all my suspension stuff and go with theGriggs GR40ST package.

^Yeah man that's the Spec Stage 3+. I read a lot of good things about it, especially it's street manners.

You can't go wrong with Griggs, Andrew. They're the best in the business. I would trade my motor before I traded my Griggs suspension.

However, I really need to lay off the spending once I've got my immediate punch list out of the way.

Yeah, I said the same thing right before I upgraded my transmission. With the power you will be making along with the Spec 3 , it might be a little rough on that 3650.

Archived