TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is it real or stolen?

mystang68/05

Black 2010 privet seller 31,300

AT-10221E75

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...07&engine=8 Cylinder&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&first_record=251&make=FORD&color=&keywords_display=&scarid=268044661&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=73020&advanced=y&end_year=2010&pager.offset=250&transmission=Manual&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1379&standard=false

Black 2010 privet seller 31,300

AT-10221E75

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p...07&engine=8 Cylinder&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&first_record=251&make=FORD&color=&keywords_display=&scarid=268044661&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=73020&advanced=y&end_year=2010&pager.offset=250&transmission=Manual&doors=&max_price=&cardist=1379&standard=false

If you are interested I would get the Vin# for the car and call the CA DMV or run a Carfax report against it. It would be pretty ballsy to advertise a stolen vehicle. $31,300 is very cheap so I understand the concern. My guess is there is something wrong with it, but who knows?

I emailed them. Im a buyer if the car is right!

MM

I e-mailed them too. Haven't heard back yet. How about you?

Hell, I'll buy it just because it's cheap. I don't have a problem owning TWO!

Phill Pollard

I havent heard anything.

I was thinking that it might make me a GREAT Super Snake replacement!!!!

MM

I went looking through some old threads and found one in the GT500 Classified secton.

This is apparently a scam as a nearly identical offer was made via AutoTrader on a "Super Snake". Same thing, low 30's price. Some guy "on a off-shore oil rig" or somethin' like that.

Let's put it this way...I'm not holdin' my breath!

Phill Pollard

I think it's a fake ad. The plates look make it look like it was sold from Coastal Ford in Mobile Alabama. However the seller is from Fairfield CA. The vegitation in the background looks a lot more like Alabama and not the Fairfield area of CA. I've been to both places for work and those pictues have houses and trees that look a lot like what I've seen in Mobile.

So it makes no sense as to why the private seller is listed as CA.

Rule #1 I learned from my Mom when growing up. If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

Ladies and gents,

This is a SCAM. These used to be isolated to Craigslist ads, but now I've been seeing them pop up in Autotrader and other online vehicle sales sites. What will happen if they even do respond to your inquiries, is they will give you some sob story about how they're in the military, or have a sick relative, and they REALLY need the money. They'll tell you to go to a secure site to complete the transaction...to protect the both of you of course (about two years ago I came across a steal of a deal and they wanted me to use EBAY auto services - which doesn't exist according to EBAY). Somehow, the site will phish for certain information from you and before you know it, you've been scammed for who knows how much and no car to show for it. These originate from Nigeria, or other lawless countries, where this sort of thing isn't even prosecuted. The giveaways on some of these include the lack of syncronicity between the surrounding landscape and supposedly where the vehicle is (I live in Houston, and a car for sale HERE was taken with pictures of snow capped mountains in the background, in front of a house with terra cotta roof shingles. Not gonna happen in Houston! The real low price, and cryptic contact e-mail addresses (usually from free sources like hotmail, gmail, etc...) should also disuade you from pursuing further.

Ladies and gents,

This is a SCAM. These used to be isolated to Craigslist ads, but now I've been seeing them pop up in Autotrader and other online vehicle sales sites. What will happen if they even do respond to your inquiries, is they will give you some sob story about how they're in the military, or have a sick relative, and they REALLY need the money. They'll tell you to go to a secure site to complete the transaction...to protect the both of you of course (about two years ago I came across a steal of a deal and they wanted me to use EBAY auto services - which doesn't exist according to EBAY). Somehow, the site will phish for certain information from you and before you know it, you've been scammed for who knows how much and no car to show for it. These originate from Nigeria, or other lawless countries, where this sort of thing isn't even prosecuted. The giveaways on some of these include the lack of syncronicity between the surrounding landscape and supposedly where the vehicle is (I live in Houston, and a car for sale HERE was taken with pictures of snow capped mountains in the background, in front of a house with terra cotta roof shingles. Not gonna happen in Houston! The real low price, and cryptic contact e-mail addresses (usually from free sources like hotmail, gmail, etc...) should also disuade you from pursuing further.

The alternative scam and the purpose of these scammers or blackhatters is to make money on not the car itself or information (your email for autoresponder lists), but to make money to verify if you are financially capable of buying the car first. A credit check is one way they do this. The seller, also an affiliate or CPA member gets a hefty percentage of the sale. In one day they can make up to $100 for doing nothing. The people that do this are kids who find more excitement spending all their time and energy setting up one of these scams rather than realizing that a real jobs pays more than $100 per day. They're stupid.

I think it's a fake ad. The plates look make it look like it was sold from Coastal Ford in Mobile Alabama. However the seller is from Fairfield CA. The vegitation in the background looks a lot more like Alabama and not the Fairfield area of CA. I've been to both places for work and those pictues have houses and trees that look a lot like what I've seen in Mobile.

So it makes no sense as to why the private seller is listed as CA.

Rule #1 I learned from my Mom when growing up. If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is.

I just got a e-mail from the "seller".

He says he's broke, about to lose his buisness, needs money. Lives in Ocean Springs MS (which actually *is* close to Mobile AL) but moved to Fairfield CA. Paid for shipping already but hasn't shipped so he can ship it directly to me AT NO COST! (imagine that!). He's "no available" since he was called out of the country on urgent business but he has a account through E-bay Auto Services.....

I told him I have cash and WILL buy the car upon personal inspection, where does he want me to go (MS or CA)?

For that price, I'll fly to either one and drive the car back but like I said in another thread....I ain't holdin' my breath.

I'm pretty sure it's a scam. I'll know for sure by his next reply which will be some excuse why I can't see the car in person.

Oh yeah, I asked for a VIN so if he supplies one, I'll post it to see if I can find more.

That's the latest,

Phill Pollard

I just got a e-mail from the "seller".

He says he's broke, about to lose his buisness, needs money. Lives in Ocean Springs MS (which actually *is* close to Mobile AL) but moved to Fairfield CA. Paid for shipping already but hasn't shipped so he can ship it directly to me AT NO COST! (imagine that!). He's "no available" since he was called out of the country on urgent business but he has a account through E-bay Auto Services.....

I told him I have cash and WILL buy the car upon personal inspection, where does he want me to go (MS or CA)?

For that price, I'll fly to either one and drive the car back but like I said in another thread....I ain't holdin' my breath.

I'm pretty sure it's a scam. I'll know for sure by his next reply which will be some excuse why I can't see the car in person.

Oh yeah, I asked for a VIN so if he supplies one, I'll post it to see if I can find more.

That's the latest,

Phill Pollard

Geeze imagine that it's no longer for sale!

Here's the actual cut/past text of his letter:

QUOTE-

Hello Phillip ,

Sorry for the late response; something came up and I had to leave urgently

on a business trip . I wanted to let you know that the car is still

available.

I am selling it for $ 31,300.2010 Ford Mustang SHELBY GT500 . It has never

been scratched or wrecked. Fully loaded. The car is in great condition

inside, outside and mechanically. It will come with a clean and clear title,

bill of sale signed by me as well and notarized and all the papers

(including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it

under your name. I want to sell it because i desperately need cash and I'm

trying to save my business(i am almost broke).Since I only have one, first

come, first served.

Although I am not home, we can still make the deal through eBay. I have a

purchase protection program with them (Vehicle Purchase Protection), so eBay

will guarantee up to $50,000 for any vehicle I sell. Shipping is already

paid, because I recently moved from Ocean Springs MS to Fairfield CA and

before leaving I have made arrangements to ship the car here to me in

Fairfield . Now that I am selling it there is no point in shipping it here

anymore. The shipping company will not refund me in full but offered to ship

the car anywhere within continental US, so I've left it at their warehouse

and it's ready to ship at anytime.

Also, this purchase protection guarantees that the SHELBY is exactly as I

described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 3 days to inspect it at

your home and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time

and they will charge me with the return costs.

If you agree with these terms, please email me and i will get back to you

with more details on how the ebay process works. You should know that it's

not necessary to be a registered user with eBay to benefit from their

vehicle purchase protection program . Click on this link and you can find

more pics with the car.

http://s596.photobucket.com/albums/tt43/approache/ .

Look forward for your reply if you are interested in the car.

END QUOTE~

I was born during the day, but I wasn't born YESTERDAY!

Phill Pollard

I'd write him back and tell him your on to his scam. Maybe even tell him that your going to report him as a scammer to email provider he uses, and the FBI and then call him so low life names as well..... :hysterical:

Well his house number or who ever posted the car on photobucket is 5809

Bdl42SgmkKGrHqEOKjkEq36-Q1DBK5kUN8N.jpg

one step closer to know who he is.... :hysterical:

Well his house number or who ever posted the car on photobucket is 5809

one step closer to know who he is.... :hysterical:

Oh, I doubt very much that the person writing the e-mail actually has the car. The way it works is, they grab the photo's and text off of e-bay or photobucket and make their own 'for sale' ad from it.

I'll bet'cha dollars to dimes that the guy is someplace in EU. Probably England. I'll play the line until I can see where he wants me to send the money and then drop him like a bag of dirt.

I've played scammers before and *they* usually tire of me, before I tire of them.

Last guy just flat out REFUSED to give me a location to see the car at. AS IF!

I don't know *anyone* that would buy a car for that kind of price "sight unseen".

But they keep trying so there *must* be a couple of suckers out there somewhere.

Phill

I Check out the photos from that link he provided and the first thing I thought was....that car looks very very familiar, seeing that black on black is the color combos I would love to have.... any pictures I come across I usually click and save,,,,,,and I went back and checked my picture files ....those exact pictures I got from eBay on August 1 of this year so I'm not sure what exactly that means but.... it's the exact same car. Just a little helpful info LOL

Oh, I doubt very much that the person writing the e-mail actually has the car. The way it works is, they grab the photo's and text off of e-bay or photobucket and make their own 'for sale' ad from it.

I'll bet'cha dollars to dimes that the guy is someplace in EU. Probably England. I'll play the line until I can see where he wants me to send the money and then drop him like a bag of dirt.

I've played scammers before and *they* usually tire of me, before I tire of them.

Last guy just flat out REFUSED to give me a location to see the car at. AS IF!

I don't know *anyone* that would buy a car for that kind of price "sight unseen".

But they keep trying so there *must* be a couple of suckers out there somewhere.

Phill

:shrug:

Archived