TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Added the KR Trunk Liner today

Well, I ordered the KR Trunk liner a few weeks ago and it finally arrived yesterday, so I decided to mount it this morning. I had heard that there might be a few issues with where the drilling needed to be done in order to miss a few rectangular cut outs in the trunk, so I did a trial fit several times before finally drilling. There are actually four (4) rectangular cutouts in the trunk and you need to be sure to drill right above them in order for the push pins to grab...if you get the pin in the rectangular cutout, it won't hold the liner.

The four places where you need to be careful are the two outside pins in the middle and the two inside pins on the piece near the top.

I know how everyone is about pictures, so here are a few...

post-19184-1258126170_thumb.jpgpost-19184-1258126183_thumb.jpgpost-19184-1258126198_thumb.jpg

The wife's new 2010 GT came with the liner from Ford, and it just made me realize that this is something that should have been done a long time ago...

post-19184-1258126170_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1258126183_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1258126198_thumb.jpg

I installed my KR trunk lid liner today and its looks great. The underside of the trunk lid is an eyesore when open, without something on it.

I used a Unibit to drill the holes for my liner and I really think its the way to go. Nice smooth holes and you dont have to worry about hitting the underside of your decklid. Here is the Unibit I used in case you are not familiar with them.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...07296_200307296

Lastly I removed a CDC Detail Corral that I had installed on the car to install the KR piece. I will let it go for $100 shipped to the lower 48. Like new condition. If you are interested PM me.

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...etail&p=123

The KR units are very well priced, but if someone wants something custom check out Grand Design Mats...

http://www.granddesignmat.com/index.html

Here are some installation instructions on youtube for the Grand Design Mats

Call Phil for quotes on custom orders

I though that was pretty good considering the time it takes to do it right and the danger involved for someone like me using power tools! :hysterical:

BTW: The bill was actually $56.00 but still.

I guess I just enjoy doing things myself instead of paying someone else to do it for me. But I also understand that it is easy to screw things up too... It took me all of about 20 minutes and that was just because I was being careful to make sure I was drilling in the right place above the rectangular cut outs so that the liner would secure properly. Now if I can ever find another job and save enough money for a super charger, I'm sure I'd probably have to have someone do that for me....well, actually, I think I could handle the install myself, but I don't have access to a dyno out here in West Texas so I could get it tuned just right...maybe put it on myself, load the tune, and drive it gingerly to Quantum Performance and have them dyno tune it for me....that sounds like a deal!

I guess I just enjoy doing things myself instead of paying someone else to do it for me. But I also understand that it is easy to screw things up too... It took me all of about 20 minutes and that was just because I was being careful to make sure I was drilling in the right place above the rectangular cut outs so that the liner would secure properly. Now if I can ever find another job and save enough money for a super charger, I'm sure I'd probably have to have someone do that for me....well, actually, I think I could handle the install myself, but I don't have access to a dyno out here in West Texas so I could get it tuned just right...maybe put it on myself, load the tune, and drive it gingerly to Quantum Performance and have them dyno tune it for me....that sounds like a deal!

When you find that other job to save for a SC let me know! But look at it this way, we have something to look forward to!

:shift:

Get it now for 20% off (if you are a Team Shelby Member), I just ordered mine tonight

KR Trunk Liner

Got it for $70 including ground UPS

Take Care

Andrew

It came in today and it is really gonna look great, I will post pictures once installed.

Carl thanks for the heads up on this item

Andrew

Well, I ordered the KR Trunk liner a few weeks ago and it finally arrived yesterday, so I decided to mount it this morning. I had heard that there might be a few issues with where the drilling needed to be done in order to miss a few rectangular cut outs in the trunk, so I did a trial fit several times before finally drilling. There are actually four (4) rectangular cutouts in the trunk and you need to be sure to drill right above them in order for the push pins to grab...if you get the pin in the rectangular cutout, it won't hold the liner.

The four places where you need to be careful are the two outside pins in the middle and the two inside pins on the piece near the top.

I know how everyone is about pictures, so here are a few...

Thank you for the suggestions as I was one earlier this summer with concern about one of the holes trying to go into a rectangular hole.

Desired_hole.JPG

I did a little Persuasion to get the one that was missing the hole to match the other side that appeared good. Once I got the six in the vertical surface around the locking mechanism in, the remaining nine were pretty simple.

I pinned the six and drilled through the holes in the liner - stop device I have for the 1/4" bit is large and very smooth. Drilling slow did not leave marks in the felt. Hardest part with pins in was moving liner enough to paint the holes so I do not get rust.

Liner_Installed.JPGCloser_Liner.JPG :happy feet:

DrKSGT

Liner_Installed.JPG

Closer_Liner.JPG

Desired_hole.JPG

It came in today and it is really gonna look great, I will post pictures once installed.

Carl thanks for the heads up on this item

Andrew

Not a great photo but my body shop guy installed it today for $20

web.jpg

Again thanks to Robert for getting these items in the Shelby Store !

Take Care

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I was impressed with the shelby store. I ordered the KR trunk liner about a week and a half ago. I came home early from work and boom, UPS was just pulling out of the driveway and there she was sitting on the door step. Now I just have to figure out how to install it. There were no directions. I can not wait til this weekend so I can install it. :happy feet:

Archived