TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Springs on a GT

dadsgt

Does anyone know if putting 2009 GT500 springs struts and shocks on a 08 GT would lower the car? I just put on GT500 wheels and it needs to be lowered a little.

Nope. The stock GT500 looks like a 4x4.

If all you want is lowering, go with the Ford Racing dampers and springs.

Ken

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if putting 2009 GT500 springs struts and shocks on a 08 GT would lower the car? I just put on GT500 wheels and it needs to be lowered a little.

No you'll have to get the FORD RACING PART HANDLING KIT, it's the same kit that SHELBY baiscally used when building the SGT. When installed will lower about 1 1/2". Part # is M-FR3-MGT

Even if the there wasn't the 4x4 altitude of the GT500 springs and dampeners, the GT500 set-up is tuned to manage the weight of a GT500 and would not be optimal for the lighter GT unless you plan to have a fat girl ride around on the front bumper everwhere you go.

Even if the there wasn't the 4x4 altitude of the GT500 springs and dampeners, the GT500 set-up is tuned to manage the weight of a GT500 and would not be optimal for the lighter GT unless you plan to have a fat girl ride around on the front bumper everwhere you go.

"Hey babe, my hood ornament fell off, so why don't you get on the hood to show your sexiness off..."

• 3 months later...

I learned elsewhere that GT500 springs are the same length as GT springs, but are enough stiffer that they would raise the GT by half an inch.

The struts and dampers are about 15% better on rebound (as I remember it), so actually a pretty good GT fit for most purposes.

No you'll have to get the FORD RACING PART HANDLING KIT, it's the same kit that SHELBY baiscally used when building the SGT. When installed will lower about 1 1/2". Part # is M-FR3-MGT

He doesn't need the entire kit, if all he cares about is lowering.

The kit consists of springs, dampers, sway bars, and strut tower brace. All he needs are the springs and dampers.

0062514.jpg

Archived