TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ouch

pottydr

Given that it's posted as a "salvaged" vehicle, any thoughts on what's the best course here?

1) Bid on it to get the parts (would SAI have a problem with this if you chose to part it out?)

2) Bid on it to repair it and drive it again/sell it as repaired.

The problem with option 2 might be that it would be difficult to get insurance coverage on a salvaged vehicle. Also, I think there are extra paperwork "hoops" to jump through when registering a salvaged vehicle.

Also, if one chose to buy and repair it, would SAI honor it as "active" in the registry even though it's already been converted to "salvaged title"?

Will be interesting to see what happens here to what could arguably be called a "collector car" as that status may impart higher future value.

If it were a 2008 Fusion, few would care...

-Pockdog

For starters, I really hate to see that. Hope no one got hurt.

As for the car itself...if it's repairable (didn't see any airbags that went off) then it should be noted as such in the registry.

If it's beyond repairable, it should be parted out, then crushed. Again, it should be noted in the registry.

CSM 08KR0155

http://www.copart.com/c2/individualLot.htm...hType=onSaleNow

Damn, looks like a different one here: 1ZVHT88S385196316 CSM 08KR0488

http://www.qcsa.com/index.php?fuseaction=c...p;carid=2708954

We should keep track of as many KR's as possible.

the more i think about it i do not want a hood that does not bend...in those two cars the hood is so sturdy that if the force was more it may chop the head of the driver.

DSC06191.jpg

I think that is dangerous...look how it is elevated at the base...imagine the force applied in the front was more what would happen!

the more i think about it i do not want a hood that does not bend...in those two cars the hood is so sturdy that if the force was more it may chop the head of the driver.

I think that is dangerous...look how it is elevated at the base...imagine the force applied in the front was more what would happen!

The hood would most likely shatter and splinter.

I wish I had seen this earlier. Haslet, where the salvage yard is located is just a few mile west of me. I could have checked this out in person. Unfortunately I leave this evening to New Orleans on business for the week. I will not be back until after the auction ends.

What ever happens to it I hope it's handled appropriately.

Archived