TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horn Button

Why not use this as your horn button or even as a center cap for your wheels? Just need to cut off the loop for the key-ring.

I've already measure the horn button; the key-ring medallion is slightly smaller in diameter, but it could be made to look great!

I just thought of the wheel center cap, but with some epoxy it could be worth a try.

post-24566-1256623819_thumb.jpg

post-24566-1256623819_thumb.jpg

Why not use this as your horn button or even as a center cap for your wheels? Just need to cut off the loop for the key-ring.

I've already measure the horn button; the key-ring medallion is slightly smaller in diameter, but it could be made to look great!

I just thought of the wheel center cap, but with some epoxy it could be worth a try.

Where did you find that at????

That is sweet ! It would look great ! Is it stainless steel ? What is the diameter ?

Thanks

Doh! Sorry about the double-post... :doh:

The diameter is 2" according to the ad at the Shelby Store.

Using it on the horn button might be dangerous as it could turn into a projectile if the airbag ever deployed on you.

Just something to consider.

Using it on the horn button might be dangerous as it could turn into a projectile if the airbag ever deployed on you.

Just something to consider.

You gotta look on the positve side. You'd have a Shelby GT Emblem imprint permanently on you forehead. :hysterical:

It has a nice feel to it as well. Nice and heavy.

Gentlemen,

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but anything "nice and heavy" is the last thing you should put on the center of an airbag. The explosive deployment of that bag in any front end collision will turn that heavy object into a lethal projectile hurtling straight toward your face. Even if it doesn't kill you it may well take one of your eyes out. This is a horrible idea. We have been working on a cosmetic solution for the Ford GT horn button which has a delamination problem. The only current solution is to replace the entire airbag as the existing center cap is not removable or replaceable on its own.

Perhaps a single layer, ultralight carbon fiber cover that can be adhered with double-sided tape or a wafer thin, ultralight, stamped aluminum cap (similar to the Shelby GT cover that goes on our faux gas cap) that can be adhered the same way would be a safe solution here. Such a cap must be adhered securely enough that it will remain on the existing center cap (not fly off and become a projectile!) which swings out to the side during airbag deployment. These are the only solutions that should even be considered. Sticking a heavy metal object in the middle of an airbag pointed directly at your face is a prescription for disaster.

All the best.

Chip

Archived