TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fudge!!!!!

jmn444

I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but two months of ownership just isn't long enough...

washed the sgt today, and found my first ding... in the f-ing HOOD!!!

I can't figure out how it could have happened, but pretty disheartening to already have a reason to do paint work on it!

I knew it was bound to happen eventually, but two months of ownership just isn't long enough...

I can't figure out how it could have happened, but pretty disheartening to already have a reason to do paint work on it!

Sorry to hear, the aluminum hoods don't take much to ding them up. As a matter of fact all the sheet metal on new cars is getting thinner trying to lose weight. On a plus note now ya have an excuse to put a CS6 hood on!!!

I don't want the cs6 hood unfortunately, going to give pdr a shot to make it less noticable, and if not, looks like stripes will be painted on WAY sooner than expected!

I wasn't pushing the CS6 hood just throwing it in for topic. It never ceases to amaze me that cars that always wind up getting dinged are the ones we care the most about. The POS on the street never has anything happen to it. Both could be parked on the same street and yours will be the football magnet. :shrug:

I was caught in a hail storm two weeks after purchasing mine. I was skeptical on the PDR but thats all the insurance would cover. After the work was done I was very impressed! Today you would never know it looked like a golfball for about a week.

I don't want the cs6 hood unfortunately, going to give pdr a shot to make it less noticable, and if not, looks like stripes will be painted on WAY sooner than expected!

I had PDR done on my old car...honestly, it's amazing. You couldn't see the ding was ever there. It depends on where it's at however and if there's any structure pieces behind the ding..but if it's all clear..I think you'll be extremely pleased.

Ok, here goes. My wife parked my Shelby GT in driveway, which is slanted, and forgot to pull up the emergency brake. Yes, it did, slipped gear I guess, and rolled backwards into the door of my barn. Luckily, it just did a few light scratches. It could have rolled the other way and ended up in my lake. Gotta love em!

This thread is too painful to read !!

OK...I had to make a u-turn so I pulled into someone's driveway and wouldn't you know it had a bad dip in it.....SCRAPE on my lower fascia.......MAN !!!! I had to cut off strips of plastic with a razor :(

ouch! i feel your pain on that too, pulled in a little too close to a parking block and scratched under mine too... can't see it fortunately, but still pissed me off! I drove a bagged F150 for 3 years that made the clearance of the SGT look like a monster truck and never hit anything, guess i was more aware of the hieght with that one!

Oh how well I know the pain....I was with the wife going to the store pulled in instead of backing in and got the lower facia on a parking curb scratched the right side bad, I will have to mask it off and sand it down and then paint it or I might just waith till I get it painted and have the stripes painted on. My hood has several chips from road debrie flying up on it so I will probably have the car painted in the next couple of years but I will have to decidec S/C first or Paint???

Oh how well I know the pain....I was with the wife going to the store pulled in instead of backing in and got the lower facia on a parking curb scratched the right side bad, I will have to mask it off and sand it down and then paint it or I might just waith till I get it painted and have the stripes painted on. My hood has several chips from road debrie flying up on it so I will probably have the car painted in the next couple of years but I will have to decidec S/C first or Paint???

Get the SC first !! The paint will be easier to justify later on with the wife ;)

SC first for sure! get all the mechanical bugs worked out so you don't mess up the paint leaning over the fenders working on it!

I pretty much grew up in a body shop, so the paint will be a no brainer when the time comes, but spending the $6K+ for the turbo setup I want will be a bit trickier!

Rush

If you ever need any PDR work done, call Oscar at The Ding Company. He did some work on my Lightning and it came out really nice.

Laurence

Actually, I do have a little door ding that needs to be removed. Thanks for the info !!

+1 for the scraped front facia club. It only takes once to learn the NEVER pull in forwards lesson. :banghead:

Good. Now I don't feel so bad. I dinged the front facia on her SGT and I still have no idea where or how I did it. I still hear about it even though it's been 2 years since it happened.

Good. Now I don't feel so bad. I dinged the front facia on her SGT and I still have no idea where or how I did it. I still hear about it even though it's been 2 years since it happened.

As you should.... :hysterical:

Can't be as bad as have a jig saw hitting it!!!

I feel your pain,,,,

Its happened twice to me here.. One night I was heading to the main gate to go out in town to holiday shop,,,if your familiar with Korea, you know to leave your car on the post.. Anyway, a friend said to park near the ball field, there were always spots,,,never having parked there I agreed,,,,it was night time and potholes just down't look as big, I fell into a pothole about a foot deep no Sh%$... I had to put it in reverse and drag the front torque box out! I was really friggin livid... the car was three days old!

Just last week I was heading over to Osan, going through the patties, while hitting the onramp, a truck was on ramping the road I was leaving, he came flying around the corner, the wife and I were thinking he was going to roll into us, instead the dirt he was carrying shifted and the dirt and rocks hit the drivers side of my car, scratching the drivers quarter... Livid again..

Its all good though, about two weeks ago, a friend was T-boned at an intersection totalling his SRT8 Challenger, Well thats what he gets I guess, DumbA$$ american running the green light, what was he thinking! it was awful sad though, as soon as the korean truck driver got out of his cab, he called all his buddies to come by before the police and swear my friend ran a red light.. Good thing there were two other cars with some folks who were following him to refute the korean "guests" at the scene..

As far as my shelby is concerned, I cannot wait to get it out of this country!

GNB

Archived