TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Side exhaust

Has anyone heard, thought about, or installed exhaust out the side? I don't mean side pipes that run down the rocker panels, but L-shaped pipes that come out from under the car and exit just in front of the rear tires. I had heard that Borla was making muffler and pipe sets for the Terlingua but I haven't found anything.

Sam

AKA:

I'll have to check out the dimensions on the SPP version.

Here's a description of what I'm talking about, doesn't sound like to many bends to me and I'm already running SLP Loudmouths:

On the GT350 of old: "...the way the exaust was set up is incredibly simple. Out from the headers are straight pipes into long. cherrybomb type mufflers, and then the pipes take 90 degree bends and exit in front of each rear tire. They are held in place by hangers which were hung from the seat belt bolt holes."

I believe we pretty much have that already, just need to cut pipe after the cats, then have a stainless piece made/bent to fit with some hangers and shielding. Someone here has one of those solenoid controlled cut-offs that allow switching between rear and side exits - that could be a player as well.

Less back-pressure would probably require a re-tune...

Found them! Oh my, these do look good:

side-exhaust.jpg

On the rear view, looks like the Terlingua has a rear facia without the exhaust cut-outs!

Sam

AKA:

www.cervinis.com/ These guys have one, and you can listen to it on there site on the C-500, it sounds AWESOME :happy feet:

Actually, I think the Cervini's Side Exhaust kit would be awesome on the SGT...I've been eyeing it for a long time...I know the GT500 kit has the parts for the rear valance that will cover the stock exhaust openings, but I don't know about the C-500 kit...I think it is more for a regular GT, not the GT/CS rear facia like what's on the GT500 and the SGT...

I would certainly hope that at $1300.00 the kit would come complete...I'm sure you'd have to pay someone to paint match...I don't think you get that for that price...sure would be nice though...

I think the side exhaust would give it even more of a late 60's look and sound just like the old GT350's...

Now if I can only find a job so I can afford to do some more mods.....It's been a very long 6 months so far...

SPP has them listed under exhaust systems for $685.50 (Terlingua side pipe system by Borla)

Terlingua Exhaust By Borla

05-09 V8

Add a litte bit of unique styling, while adding performance to your Mustang. This exhaust features side-exit, black anodized tips to keep a stealthy look. This is the same system used on the Terlingua race car

Part # BPI-130155

Archived