TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Disappointing Policy of American Muscle

Hmm, it seems a hornets nest was stirred up here. It has always been AmericanMuscle's policy to do everything we can to ensure customer satisfaction within reason. I apologize for any inconvenience this situation caused and we should be able to work to a solution that works for both of us.

I understand your frustration and I am going to get our Customer Service Manager Curt to assist you in this situation. I am sure that he can come up with a reasonable solution for you.

Thanks,

AMNick

Their policy on electrical parts is 30 days

QuadCam, this is true that we only have a 30 day return policy, similar to many retailers, we are a reseller and not a manufacturer, BUT this part has a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. There should have be no reason that we could not have helped you do a warranty claim on this part. I am sure we could have helped getting a replacement sent out. If you PM me your full name and/or order number I can look into this for you. - AMNick

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all I can say is I got what I paid for for mt gt 40 knockoffs at an excellent price from them. If i had some other than stock items on my car and I asked before ordering them if they would fit and was told yes i would have a problem with it. I worked @ Shelby for a few years and I learned to test fit prior to installation and a lot of american racing wheels came to us unsuitable to install (minor scratches paint flaws) if we mounted them we bought em thats two big companies doing business and a high volume business at that same went with blowers and other parts..

I think this is a lesson learned it sucks but the only people that get rich thru legal means are usually lawyers... good luck

I called American Muscle yesterday and talked with a manager, Brian. It was a perplexing call. After being told to send my letter to the Legal Department, I find out from Brian that there is no such department. Brian did not have my letters or e-mails and could not find them. He got somewhat agitated with me when I was polite but persistent in telling him that I was going to pursue legal action if American Muscle did not want to work with me but, in the end, he, pretty much, got it back together.

But here is the kicker, I mentioned to him that I had done everything that the law requires, in particular, mitigated my damages by selling the wheels. He responded with, "You sold the wheels?!?" He saw that as, and I quote, "morally wrong" and asked me how I could sell the wheels and then come back on American Muscle.

I asked him if he was a lawyer and he said he was not. I explained to him that, under the law, I am required to do what I can to lower the amount of my loss. He did not seem to understand that. We went round and round and I suggested that he have whoever it is that does their legal work just give me a call and that, in five minutes, I could probably take care of things, one way or the other. He did not seem too warm to that idea.

I asked him if he would provide me with the name of their Agent for Service of Process so I could move things through the legal system. I told Brian I was not upset with him and just wanted to get it resolved through the legal system if American Muscle declined to even talk with me about doing something fair.

I asked to speak with whoever was higher up in authority than Brian and he did not seem to care for that question either. His final statement was because I had sold the wheels, there was nothing he could do to help me. I had already pointed out that their policy was that the wheels were none returnable and that I knew that and accepted that. I asked that, if American Muscle was not going to work with me to just tell me that in writing and I would move to the next step.

I have to tell you that Brian's attitude was that I was just 100% wrong in pursing this matter past American Muscle's position and that I was the one being unreasonable.

You know what the question is that has never come from American Muscle? "Mr. Clark, it looks like you have done what you can to lower your loss, just what is it that you want from us that would make it fair in your eyes?"

On a lighter note, he did tell me that he had responded to an e-mail from a Mr. Bruno (mywickedshelby) telling him why American Muscle could not or would not do anything. Michael, maybe you should send him the link to this thread and see what happens. As for me, I will follow through on this on my own.

Jim

Hi Jim,

If you look at the BIG picture you got lucky and got a set of KR rims, how many other SGT's will ever have KR rims? Because of the situation you were able to justify getting the KR rims which do fit big brakes, plus the KR rims look much better (IMO) than the SR type wheels. If the SR type wheels had fit I would assume you would have not chosen

to purchase the KR wheels. Things happen for a reason, this time I feel it worked out to your benefit.

Legally I assume you could go after the difference from the cost you have into the rims, mounting fees, TPS sensors and bands, and tires; minus the cost you sold the entire set for? Do you want them to pay extra for the time you had spent dealing with this?

I am grateful that my FORD dealer had test fit both front and rear rims to make sure they would fit over my brakes. I actually got irritated that they didn't trust me about them fitting but now I see why they did a test fit first.

I always enjoy reading your posts and I am sure your a great guy and an awesome Lawyer so whatever the outcome of this is I hope it makes you content and I also want to say Enjoy those KR wheels; your one lucky guy to have them.

I finally got this response from AM....

Hello,

I’m sorry that you feel that way. Mr. Clark never informed us of the big brake kit that he installed on his car. While we do say that the wheels will fit the big brakes of the GT500, the brakes that Mr. Clark installed are much larger. Since tires were mounted on the wheels, we are unable to accept them back for return. Since we didn’t mount the tires ourselves, we are not at fault for the wheels not fitting. Had a simple test fit been done prior to mounting a tire, he would’ve seen that they clearly won’t fit.

Brian

Customer Support

AmericanMuscle.com

and I responded with.......

Perhaps you should see the thread started on Team Shelby by Mr. Clark. A link is attached here for your convenience. In actuality, your website doesnt mention the GT500 specifically, so once again, the basis of your position is incorrect.

While you seem content to stand on that weak point, I take this time to point out that it has already cost your firm thousands in lost sales.

And that number will continue to grow expedentially going forward as the word spreads throughout the National clubs with which we are affiliated.

Already news of this mishandling of Mr. Clarks return has cost you a website affiliation with the Garden State Mustang Club of which I am on the board of directors. It continues to be shortsighted on your part not to recognize how much this will cost your firm in the long run. Great customer Service really isnt rocket science, and pays for itself over and over again when the word of good experiences travels throughout the car culture.

Unfortunately, you seem intent to explore the negative fallout that accompanies poor customer service......an experience many are now eager to provide you with. Be sure and bring this up at your next review for a raise.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48839

Sincerely,

Michael Bruno

Hello,

My name is Curt and I am the Customer Service Manager at AmericanMuscle.com. Brian, one of our Customer Service Managers, is following our stated policy of not accepting returns on mounted/balanced wheels. We have that policy in part so we can offer free mounting and balancing on wheel/tire orders, free standard shipping, and free nitrogen fills. There were many places along the way where the current situation could have been avoided, but that’s not really the point of my post.

Brian escalated this to me on behalf of Mr. Clark. After meeting with our owners and speaking with Mr. Clark, I am very pleased that we were able to reach an amicable solution to this situation for Mr. Clark.

We pride ourselves on our service to our customers. 90% of our Customer Service staff are fellow Mustang owners. We are all Mustang enthusiasts. But we are people too, and people sometimes make mistakes. The good thing about mistakes is that they can be corrected.

If any of our customers have an issue with a product or service, please let us know. We want to make it right for you. My contact information is at the bottom of my post.

Curt Bauer

Customer Service Manager

AmericanMuscle.com

(866) 727-1266 ext 272

(610) 251-0263 - fax

curt.bauer@americanmuscle.com

If any of our customers have an issue with a product or service, please let us know. We want to make it right for you. My contact information is at the bottom of my post.

Curt Bauer

Customer Service Manager

AmericanMuscle.com

(866) 727-1266 ext 272

(610) 251-0263 - fax

curt.bauer@americanmuscle.com

I thought that is what Mr. Clark did............... That is WHY this thread got started.

Hmm, it seems a hornets nest was stirred up here. It has always been AmericanMuscle's policy to do everything we can to ensure customer satisfaction within reason. I apologize for any inconvenience this situation caused and we should be able to work to a solution that works for both of us.

I understand your frustration and I am going to get our Customer Service Manager Curt to assist you in this situation. I am sure that he can come up with a reasonable solution for you.

Thanks,

AMNick

QuadCam, this is true that we only have a 30 day return policy, similar to many retailers, we are a reseller and not a manufacturer, BUT this part has a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. There should have be no reason that we could not have helped you do a warranty claim on this part. I am sure we could have helped getting a replacement sent out. If you PM me your full name and/or order number I can look into this for you. - AMNick

Your are going to get you chance to turn this around, Nick. PM sent!

You already sold the &*!$(^(# wheels, what do you expect them to do NOW? Had you kept up the bitch fest you might have gotten them to take them back even after mounting the tires, even though YOU should have checked for fitment first.

So you recovered maybe 4/5 of the cost by selling, do you expect them to cut you a check for the remaining 1/5 without receiving their Product in return? JUST to put a smile on your face? :finger::finger::finger:

RainbowBridge.jpg

Get over it.

F the money get them to change the description so it says..."made in China" Fits "some" big brakes....

Nothing worse than ordering something and then having to box it up and send it back...blows all the way around for Am Muscle and the customer...

You already sold the &*!$(^(# wheels, what do you expect them to do NOW? Had you kept up the bitch fest you might have gotten them to take them back even after mounting the tires, even though YOU should have checked for fitment first.

So you recovered maybe 4/5 of the cost by selling, do you expect them to cut you a check for the remaining 1/5 without receiving their Product in return? JUST to put a smile on your face? :finger::finger::finger:

Get over it.

Not understanding your point here '03. American Muscle and I have met and conferred and come up with something that is fair. It might have taken a while, but it came together in a respectful fashion.

Jim

Shouldn't this thread be closed now since all parties are satisfied?

NO - This is testimony to "Buyer Beware" be it AM or any other vendor with a misleading product discription and/or an inflexible customer service policy.

You forget that it took this thread to get AM to move in the right direction.

I'm not saying it wasn't the thread, or that it didn't help, but I'm more inclinded to believe it was Clark's persistance and civility that got the results. it looks like once Clark was in touch with a person who had the power to make the right decision is when a issue was resolved.

I would bet that everyone involved (including those who read this thread) have learns a lesson here. That alone is reason to keep the thread.

My question is, 'Is AM off the sh!t list?' now that a resolution has been reached?

I'm not saying it wasn't the thread, or that it didn't help, but I'm more inclinded to believe it was Clark's persistance and civility that got the results. it looks like once Clark was in touch with a person who had the power to make the right decision is when a issue was resolved.

I would bet that everyone involved (including those who read this thread) have learns a lesson here. That alone is reason to keep the thread.

My question is, 'Is AM off the sh!t list?' now that a resolution has been reached?

I would bet that the "Person with Power" would NOT have gotten involved had it not been for this Thread.

So you recovered maybe 4/5 of the cost by selling, do you expect them to cut you a check for the remaining 1/5 without receiving their Product in return? JUST to put a smile on your face?

Get over it.

I guess some people just have higher standards. Some people also expect a company to treat it's customers as if they were valuable.

I don't know what you do for a living 03 DSG Snake, but I would guess it isn't running a business or customer service related. Just a guess on my part and of course I may be wrong, but your lack of empathy for a customer who trusted (believed) what the company put into writing leads me to draw that conclusion. I have been involved in both for many years and I know from experience that MANY times a customer just wants someone to listen to them and offer something, ANYTHING, for their time and inconvience.

I believe the fact that AM has created TWO accounts on this site and has resolved the situation to Mr. Clark's satisfaction shows that he was not too far out of line. I don't believe that Jim was asking for his money back after he sold the rims. I also believe that had AM admitted the wording in their add to be inaccurate and made an offer to correct the wording and given Jim 15% off his next order, he would have accepted and been satisfied. I don't want to speak for him however.

Just my $.02

I guess some people just have higher standards. Some people also expect a company to treat it's customers as if they were valuable.

I don't know what you do for a living 03 DSG Snake, but I would guess it isn't running a business or customer service related. Just a guess on my part and of course I may be wrong, but your lack of empathy for a customer who trusted (believed) what the company put into writing leads me to draw that conclusion. I have been involved in both for many years and I know from experience that MANY times a customer just wants someone to listen to them and offer something, ANYTHING, for their time and inconvience.

I believe the fact that AM has created TWO accounts on this site and has resolved the situation to Mr. Clark's satisfaction shows that he was not too far out of line. I don't believe that Jim was asking for his money back after he sold the rims. I also believe that had AM admitted the wording in their add to be inaccurate and made an offer to correct the wording and given Jim 15% off his next order, he would have accepted and been satisfied. I don't want to speak for him however.

Just my $.02

dead on Sean, at least you get it! :happy feet:

I wanted to report in with the results of my dealings with Curt and Nick at American Muscle. Just a few moments ago, we concluded the deal in a final fashion. Fair is fair so I wish to report that American Muscle took the number I gave them and, on their own, increased it by 28%.

I thank the members of Team Shelby for their support. I also thank Nick and Curt. Once I was able to access them, the process of addressing my complaint was professional in all respects.

Jim

I wanted to report in with the results of my dealings with Curt and Nick at American Muscle. Just a few moments ago, we concluded the deal in a final fashion. Fair is fair so I wish to report that American Muscle took the number I gave them and, on their own, increased it by 28%.

I thank the members of Team Shelby for their support. I also thank Nick and Curt. Once I was able to access them, the process of addressing my complaint was professional in all respects.

Jim

you might not be so happy once you get my bill! :hysterical::hysterical:

Glad it worked out Jim.

Your are going to get you chance to turn this around, Nick. PM sent!

For the Record: I received a package from AM last Thursday. Inside was a brand new Seq. lamp kit.

AM has swapped vendors since the POS they (unknowingly) sent me. I have yet to install the kit, but you'll know if it doesn't work properly.

Too bad the communications between AM's Customer Service and myself wasn't better from the start...

I can say an effort was made to make it right. Which is better than no effort at all.

Thanks for your help Nick.

Archived