TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Turbo Shelby GT?

I drove the developmental SAI turbo Mustang GT at the 427 drag races in Vegas last weekend.

Very cool, different than my Whipple - not nearly as booming off the line.

Great drag race car - launched at 4000 rpms, it bit and ran 12.9s. Faster than the SC cars, which were all spinning their wheels.

I imagine with improved driver, 70 degrees and sea level this car would be in the low 11s.

So Shelby is working on Turbo setup, it's just not SGT specific?

So Shelby is working on Turbo setup, it's just not SGT specific?

It is a developmental car, nothing specific was forthcoming as to production plans.

IMO - they should build it or make it an upgrade package - SGT/T?

• 2 weeks later...

We showed the Exile Turbo Systems Stealth GT twin turbo setup to Gary Patterson and the gang. While they were heavily impressed with the setup the main problem was the damn CARB certification. The cats are moved rearward ever so slightly on the system and, as many of you in Weirdifornia know, that is a big no-no out there. It is quite a shame too. The kit is simple, bolts on with no modifications, makes incredible power, and is almost invisible. The best part (well, besides the power) is that when you want to remove the system there are no signs it was ever installed. You can put your Shelby back to completely stock condition.

Not sure what is going on with Cragar these days either. They were going to take over production of the system but some time ago communications with the owners broke down. Or should I say......just stopped. Nobody has heard from them in over seven months so as of right now if you wanted the system you would have to contact Rick Head at www.exileturbo.com.

Or....you could just buy Rick's Shelby GT. Equipped with the twin system and ultra low miles. $35K.

Archived