TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Turbo Shelby GT?

I just read in the latest Mustang Monthly that SAI showed a prototype turbo GT at Mid-America. It claims they spoke with a Vince LaViolette from SAI and that "Carroll ask all the time when we'll have a turbo package." Did I miss something from Mid-Ameica or is someone at Mustang Monthly smoking something?

I just read in the latest Mustang Monthly that SAI showed a prototype turbo GT at Mid-America. It claims they spoke with a Vince LaViolette from SAI and that "Carroll ask all the time when we'll have a turbo package." Did I miss something from Mid-Ameica or is someone at Mustang Monthly smoking something?

Bumpage....

• 2 weeks later...

bonghit.gif

There was no secret SGT in Tulsa. The only SGT's that SAI had anything to do with while at Mid-america was the SGT/SR and the KICKER Audio SGT, it is a Paxton car. (and It was broke, so they were working on it) I was with the SAI people the whole weekend. Spent most of it in the SAI trailer in the A/C. :happy feet:

Chris

This car will never be in the registry. It was not SAI authorized but was a one-off from Tasca from what I understand. Extremely nice job, very professional but not a SAI car.

EDITED:

maybe you should check the facts before you post something you know nothing about

"Your particular vehicle has quite a modification history. While performed by an authorized mod center because they are personalized modifications they are noted as personalized owner authorized modifications performed by an authorized mod center. Any modification made to a Shelby vehicle that is not an available option offered by Shelby Automobiles will be noted as such. This information is entertered into the other catagory. All of the information anyone provides will be entered into the registry"

this was posted by Roger under the ask Amy forum

maybe you should check the facts before you post something you know nothing about

"Your particular vehicle has quite a modification history. While performed by an authorized mod center because they are personalized modifications they are noted as personalized owner authorized modifications performed by an authorized mod center. Any modification made to a Shelby vehicle that is not an available option offered by Shelby Automobiles will be noted as such. This information is entertered into the other catagory. All of the information anyone provides will be entered into the registry"

that's good information to know - thanks for sharing

Ah.....I have heard it from many authorized shops, j*ckass, it will go in as "your" mods and nothing else. A "turbo" was never authorized by SAI. Hey I liked the car but rules are rules. Why get so p*ssed off about it, just money spent is all. It will go in as a SGT NOT as a SGT/TC like you or Tasca wanted it to.

EDITED:

Ah.....I have heard it from many authorized shops, j*ckass, it will go in as "your" mods and nothing else. A "turbo" was never authorized by SAI. Hey I liked the car but rules are rules. Why get so p*ssed off about it, just money spent is all. It will go in as a SGT NOT as a SGT/TC like you or Tasca wanted it to.

EDITED:

Well Dave, you can believe what ever you want from the mod shops, I'll listen to Roger/SAI. But you are right about the "turbo" as it's now a SC :hysterical:

Picture045.jpg

If only you really knew it does exist come out to vegas maybe you could get a spy photo and as always when a company tests something its a "prototype" and they can register all mods as such and be legit!!!!!!

Notice the word they (SAI)

it was only a matter of time, Ford has them and EVO is building them :camera:

Well Dave, you can believe what ever you want from the mod shops, I'll listen to Roger/SAI. But you are right about the "turbo" as it's now a SC :hysterical:

Picture045.jpg

Like I said I loved the car but was only telling a story that I heard from someone else. When I think about it that person may have been a little envious of your creation? Ya think? As always though, take my posts with a grain of salt as most of them are very one sided and a bit jaded. Just telling it like it really is-

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

maybe it was a future GT500 :lurk:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48879

I drove the developmental SAI turbo Mustang GT at the 427 drag races in Vegas last weekend.

Very cool, different than my Whipple - not nearly as booming off the line.

Great drag race car - launched at 4000 rpms, it bit and ran 12.9s. Faster than the SC cars, which were all spinning their wheels.

I imagine with improved driver, 70 degrees and sea level this car would be in the low 11s.

Archived