TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Magnaflows

Why not try a muffler delete if loud and raspy is what you're after? I wouldn't think it would be that expensive to to have done just to try it out.

Well I suppose when I swap the x-pipe out, I could see what it sounds like without any mufflers at all. I'm sure that'll be even too loud for me though. But ya never know! ;)

I just ordered the Magnaflow off-road 2 1/2" x-pipe from Jegs. I'll get this thing sounding the way I want it to in no time.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...ain&id=3310

Ken

15449.jpg

I have some deletes from MBRP Inc.. I was actual surprised that they were not louder then they are. However, there is a bit of drone on the highway. My '98 GT with long tubes, off-road H-pipe, and Flowmasters were much louder.

My guess is that deletes with no cats and a long commute to work would result in a stereo that is pointless.

I'll try posting a vid later tonight.

Here is the video. It's of my 1st shot and at a drag. The video is short as there where few place for my Father-n-law to stand and get a good shot but you can clearly here the exhaust note. I was pleasantly surprise with how it sounded.

The race on the other hand I was not too happy with. I lost. As you can see I spun the tires all the way thru 1st gear. My guess is I would have had him at the other end if I had another 8th of a mile. I was gaining on him as we crossed the finish.

Be gentle guys, I feel bad enough I let the Shelby fans down.

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt63/EL...1stDragRace.flv

I have some deletes from MBRP Inc.. I was actual surprised that they were not louder then they are. However, there is a bit of drone on the highway. My '98 GT with long tubes, off-road H-pipe, and Flowmasters were much louder.

My guess is that deletes with no cats and a long commute to work would result in a stereo that is pointless.

I'll try posting a vid later tonight.

I've heard deletes on a couple of different S197's and I was surprised they weren't louder. They do get a little raspy sounding on the top end though.

Here is the video. It's of my 1st shot and at a drag. The video is short as there where few place for my Father-n-law to stand and get a good shot but you can clearly here the exhaust note. I was pleasantly surprise with how it sounded.

The race on the other hand I was not too happy with. I lost. As you can see I spun the tires all the way thru 1st gear. My guess is I would have had him at the other end if I had another 8th of a mile. I was gaining on him as we crossed the finish.

Be gentle guys, I feel bad enough I let the Shelby fans down.

http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt63/EL...1stDragRace.flv

I wouldn't feel bad about that at all man, especially for your first race in the SGT. What tires were you running? If stock, then I'm surprised you didn't spin for a couple minutes. I know I would! :lol:

Anyway, I'm surprised those aren't louder also. I'm going to stick with the Magnaflow plan after hearing Carl's 07 SGT up close. I've got the off road x-pipe coming already. When I install it, I'm going to leave my FRPP Stingers off at first, just to see what it sounds like with no mufflers at all. If not to my liking, I'll get the Magnaflow mufflers on order asap. Thanks for the help.

Ken

I wouldn't feel bad about that at all man, especially for your first race in the SGT. What tires were you running? If stock, then I'm surprised you didn't spin for a couple minutes. I know I would! :lol:

Anyway, I'm surprised those aren't louder also. I'm going to stick with the Magnaflow plan after hearing Carl's 07 SGT up close. I've got the off road x-pipe coming already. When I install it, I'm going to leave my FRPP Stingers off at first, just to see what it sounds like with no mufflers at all. If not to my liking, I'll get the Magnaflow mufflers on order asap. Thanks for the help.

Ken

I'm still on the stock KDWs, in fact I didn't touch the air pressure. I'm more interested in the corners that follow the straights but it was fun. I'll be considering a a setup that works for both the track and strip.

I would consider an offroad xpipe if I had a hook-up on passing emissions. My plan has been to add long tubes with a catted xpipe sometime in future.

My holdback on major mods is Murphy's Law; when ever I stash enough cash Murphy steps in and takes it for more pressing needs. Its to the point my wife actually feels bad for me and that's saying something when she looks around and notes nice big house, good job, beautifal wife with Jr. on the way, and a killer SGT in the garage. Living the dream!

Running Magnaflow high flow cats with true X and 3" Magnapac cat back. Love em. :)

And the tips look like the factory installed system.

Roger

Sounds awesome Roger. Do you have any clips of the exhaust note?

Ken

Sounds awesome Roger. Do you have any clips of the exhaust note?

Ken

Ken,

No I don't, meaning to get that done for some time. All I can say is many favorable comments. Low at idle and does get progressively louder. It has been almost 2 years since install and I was able to be under the car yesterday. Other than the expected heat discoloration, they look like the day I installed them. Had to change out the 3rd. link bushing. Replaced with a BMR. Very nice!

I had the opportunity to be an observer when Steve McCauley of MCA was flogging the car in Alabama. It did sound pretty sweet for a street exhaust. It exhibits a distinctive sound. I also ran a the high flow cats and a standard 2.5" cat back on my 04 Cobra. Great at cruise speeds. Again a distinctive note with many compliments. The systems seem to have a a sweet spot for slight drone. Just a 500 to 1000 RPM range. On the Cobra it was around 1800. The SGT it is about 2200 RPM. I suspect it is the difference in transmissions and rear gear ratios.

I'll have to get a clip.

Roger

Ken, I had magnapacks on my car w/ 3'' exhaust and it was WAY too quiet. I switched back to my 2.5'' stuff and put on muffler deletes and love it. Although, removing your cats like your doing will probably do the trick too. Post a video when you finally get your set of installed.

Archived