TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Up Grade to new intake manifold

should I up grade to the new intake manifold what are your opinons is it worth the 800.00.

not unless you have don all the cheap stuff. its not alot of power for the money. it mostly just replaces the charge mostion plates. its good if you have a paxton though.

heys thanks for your input , I only have what my signature say's but as far as the engine goes it has a tune and underdrive pulleys. I did notice that doing the charge plate delete gives you about the same horse power as the upgraded intake manifold. I don't think upgrading the coils is worth the money either as as my car just looking to get the moto to breath better.

I've heard the that the charge motion plates are only worth while if you have forced induction. I know that one of the mustang mags saw something around 20-25 with the new C&L intake on a stock motor.

ive read and heard from a few other mustang owners that tried the intake and saw little to no gain on even lost a good amount of low end hp it is made to make hp up high like 5500+ rpm high. Kahman did the plate delete and picked up HP and so have many others it is a large hinderance in the intake even when opened fully.

ive read and heard from a few other mustang owners that tried the intake and saw little to no gain on even lost a good amount of low end hp it is made to make hp up high like 5500+ rpm high. Kahman did the plate delete and picked up HP and so have many others it is a large hinderance in the intake even when opened fully.

Here's my install thread for the Steeda billet charge motion delete plates: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=44154&hl=

I'm not sure what the advantage of the new FRPP intake is honestly, other than it looks super cool.

It's aluminum so it probably won't dissipate heat as well as the stock plastic intake. I read something about it being good for up to 7500 RPM, but I've also heard from local shops that the stock intake is good for that much, if not more. IMO, if you delete the OEM charge motion control plates, the advantage of the FRPP intake ought to be very little.

I still plan on adding it once it's available, however, simply because I love the look of it. :)

Ken

thats the one i heard the no go stuff on racer the frpp one i dont know about.

I went to there site they revised the long runner to a short runner. It sound like they don't have it down to a science so, I'll probably go with the charge motions plates.

I went to there site they revised the long runner to a short runner. It sound like they don't have it down to a science so, I'll probably go with the charge motions plates.

i think for now at least thats a good idea. hopefully someone will get it down where its a good idea to do but for now i dont think its worth it.

be carefull ken some might think you a mod whore :hysterical:

Nah. They ought to recognize that I'm a mod junky, not mod whore. Big difference. If the mod sucks, I say so and rip it off, whereas a mod whore will modify the crappy mod with another mod on top of that mod. :lol:

Nah. They ought to recognize that I'm a mod junky, not mod whore. Big difference. If the mod sucks, I say so and rip it off, whereas a mod whore will modify the crappy mod with another mod on top of that mod. :lol:

lol just to say he moded the mod that was moded

I think 800.00 for a pot luck gamble that this manifold will make a decent hp numbers is to risky for me. I rather take that 800.00 to a strip club and get a couple of good lap dances.

Racer, you kill me!!

Seriously though, you should not do anymore mods to your car, if you do we will have to get a whole new zipcode for your signature!!

Besides, you "Really" want a supercharger,,,,and if you go there, the cams have to go!

GNB

Racer, you kill me!!

Seriously though, you should not do anymore mods to your car, if you do we will have to get a whole new zipcode for your signature!!

Besides, you "Really" want a supercharger,,,,and if you go there, the cams have to go!

GNB

says who? you can run motha thumpers with a sc, cams whouldnt cause any problems your just not going to be optimized for power. either way itll sound good though :happy feet:

Racer, you kill me!!

GNB

Says who is right.

I'm running the dirtiest stage 2 cams/springs I could find. Comp XFI VSR's to be exact. And they love the boost from my Paxton 1200SL.

I put down 508 HP to the wheels with this setup.

Here's my install thread for the Steeda billet charge motion delete plates: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...c=44154&hl=

I'm not sure what the advantage of the new FRPP intake is honestly, other than it looks super cool.

It's aluminum so it probably won't dissipate heat as well as the stock plastic intake. I read something about it being good for up to 7500 RPM, but I've also heard from local shops that the stock intake is good for that much, if not more. IMO, if you delete the OEM charge motion control plates, the advantage of the FRPP intake ought to be very little.

I still plan on adding it once it's available, however, simply because I love the look of it. :)

Ken

Ken see post #47 and #51, it's made of plastic just like the stock unit,

http://s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19445

Says who is right.

I'm running the dirtiest stage 2 cams/springs I could find. Comp XFI VSR's to be exact. And they love the boost from my Paxton 1200SL.

I put down 508 HP to the wheels with this setup.

I actually spoke with the Edlebrock engineers, the cam he has is not right for the super charger, not enough lobe seperation, I am sure you do not have this cam..

GNB

Ken see post #47 and #51, it's made of plastic just like the stock unit,

http://s197.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19445

Good to know. I thought for sure it was Al.

I actually spoke with the Edlebrock engineers, the cam he has is not right for the super charger, not enough lobe seperation, I am sure you do not have this cam..

GNB

The hot rod cams are less aggressive than the cams I have. The cams I have don't have an FI grind, but it doesn't matter.

The hot rods will work great under boost, IMO.

Ken

Good to know. I thought for sure it was Al.

The hot rod cams are less aggressive than the cams I have. The cams I have don't have an FI grind, but it doesn't matter.

The hot rods will work great under boost, IMO.

Ken

Ken,

I was seriously wanting ot install those very same cams, here was the response when I asked The engineers at Edlebrock:

"As for the ford motorsports camshafts; Ford Racing P/N: M-6550-3V , I would not recommend that particular cam with the supercharger, as the lobe separation is only 110 deg. This will result in a lot of valve overlap, which will counteract the effects of the supercharger. You want to stick with a camshaft that has a lobe separation around 115-116 deg. I recommend the Comp Cams P/N: 127300 along with Comp Valve springs P/N: 26113-24 and retainers P/N: 700-24. You can also go with the milder Comp P/N 127200 cams which do not require springs or retainers, and Comp claims that it does not require a computer re-tune. I would still recommend having the tune verified on a dyno. ""

I know alot about cams, just never installed a set with a supercharger, so when in doubt, ask the engineers, the real engineers, not the parts counter jockies......

GNB

Ken,

I am sure yours are,,, I am also certain you have more lift and duration right? The guys at edlebrock know alot about racing, like I said, I called the main headquarters and spoke with the engineer that designed the Eforce supercharger, yep the real guy.. So, I would think if he says this cam is a no go,,well I have to beleive him. When considering the combustion process, what he says makes more sense anyway..

GNB

Ken,

I am sure yours are,,, I am also certain you have more lift and duration right? The guys at edlebrock know alot about racing, like I said, I called the main headquarters and spoke with the engineer that designed the Eforce supercharger, yep the real guy.. So, I would think if he says this cam is a no go,,well I have to beleive him. When considering the combustion process, what he says makes more sense anyway..

GNB

These are the same guys saying not to run the cams I have under boost.

Yeah I have a heavy lift and duration in comparison. If anything, that should mean even less efficiency with forced induction. These cams have tons of overlap. It makes zero difference. We can argue all day, but an Edelbrock engineer's advice doesn't mean much to me, especially when concerning the 3V. A Paxton 1200 is advertised to net 120 HP at the crank. Mine netted 160+ HP at the wheels. Like I said, the cams love boost. I know a few guys running hot rod cams with boost and they have had zero complaints. It's pretty common, in fact. Lots of people that invest in the crate 'hot rod 3V' engine end up with blowers on top of them, regardless of their application. If there's any serious hesitation, I'd contact Ford Racing. But IMO, the FRPP cams are about the mildest cams out there for this engine. Except for their lobe separation angle, they'd be marked an "FI grind" cam.

Good luck Racer.

Ken

Archived