TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 SGT

GT500-07

read this on another forum. did Ford make a mistake or will there be a 2010MY Shelby GT?

"I received a MyFord magazine today with a $750 bonus cash certificate and for giggles looked on the back for the excluded vehicles knowing the GT500 would be there. Sure enough there, along with the 2008-10 Escape and Fusion Hybrids and 2010 Raptor was the 2008-2010 Shelby GT500. Also listed however was the 2010 Shelby GT"

read this on another forum. did Ford make a mistake or will there be a 2010MY Shelby GT?

"I received a MyFord magazine today with a $750 bonus cash certificate and for giggles looked on the back for the excluded vehicles knowing the GT500 would be there. Sure enough there, along with the 2008-10 Escape and Fusion Hybrids and 2010 Raptor was the 2008-2010 Shelby GT500. Also listed however was the 2010 Shelby GT"

:shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::drool:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT FOR ONE SECOND. FIRST OFF THEY STARTED

MAKING 2010 MUSTANGS IN MARCH 09 AND IF THEY WERE MAKING THEM

THEY WOULD ALREADY BEEN AT THE DEALERS BY NOW. :headscratch:

ADDITIONALLY, THE CARS WOULD HAVE TO GO TO SAI TO GET BUILT. THEY

WOULD HAVE RECIEVED THEM IN LATE APRIL OR EARLY MAY AND THE

CARS WOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT AND AT THE DEALERS ALREADY. I.M.O

SCOTTY

:lurk:

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT FOR ONE SECOND. FIRST OFF THEY STARTED

MAKING 2010 MUSTANGS IN MARCH 09 AND IF THEY WERE MAKING THEM

THEY WOULD ALREADY BEEN AT THE DEALERS BY NOW. :headscratch:

ADDITIONALLY, THE CARS WOULD HAVE TO GO TO SAI TO GET BUILT. THEY

WOULD HAVE RECIEVED THEM IN LATE APRIL OR EARLY MAY AND THE

CARS WOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT AND AT THE DEALERS ALREADY. I.M.O

SCOTTY

HATE TO SAY IT, BUT I GOT THE SAME FORD MAGAZINE AND THE COUPON ON MINE CLEARLY STATES

THE 2010 SHELBY GT (IT'S NOT A MISPRINT AS THEY ALSO NOTE THE 08-10 GT500). MAYBE THEY

MEANT TO SAY SHELBT GT LIKE THE BOOK. SOMEONE OVER THERE ALSO SAID THEY HAD EMAILED

AMYB A WHILE BACK AND SHE CATEGORICALLY DENIED THAT THERE'D BE A '10 SHELBY GT. MAYBE

FORD IS JUST LICENSING THE NAME NOW FOR IT??

CAN'T SAY I'M SHOCKED IF THEY DO MAKE IT. MAYBE AMY WILL CHIME IN (OR PERHAPS NOT).

Considering they had trouble selling all the 08 SGT's I would be surprised to see a 2010 edition. In fact, I would be willing to bet you could still find an new 08 sitting on a lot somewhere.

At last look, there were at least 10 new 07 and 08 SGTs on dealer lots within 45 mins of my house.

The good (or bad) news is you can buy one for less than $30K.

Well,

IMO its just a picture, unless there is a news release it means nothing.. Also when they listed the release of a car say 2005 -2010 I think they mean by model year, IOW the first releas will be in 2005 and run until the 2009,,, 2005 up and to the year 2010. That is how I read it..

A shaker definately does not belong on a Shelby, yep I agree the Shaker is really cool, but Shelby's never had one so its not accurate. There is nothing to say you could not take off that awfull hood you have, store it up high in your garage and order a new hood, get a Shaker system to get the look, I basically did the same thing, but I did not go with a Shaker, I also went with the 1967

retro look..

If you did decide to go that route, I suggest getting a real ford Shaker system, it is a real system,, There is also a Shaker system that goes on top of the Saleen supercharger, reeeeeallly Coool!! Talk about a sleeper setup!

GNB

A 2010 Shelby GT would have to have more HP, at least 400 HP, so I don't think it will happen. The Shelby Mustang's were made to have more of everything straight from the gate: horse power, torque, appearance package, handling and exclusitivity, if that is a word :). If CS put out another SGT without st least 400 HP he might go the way of Saleen............history.

From what I hear, next years new Huricane engine will have 400 HP in an Mustang GT. If that is true a Shelby GT would have to have a minimum, a minimum 475 to make it even a small player in the muscle car battles. Hey a 300 HP V-6 Camaro beats a 4.6 V-8 Shelby GT Mustang now. They'll never fool us again...."it's a track car".......... BS.

From what I hear, next years new Huricane engine will have 400 HP in an Mustang GT. If that is true a Shelby GT would have to have a minimum, a minimum 475 to make it even a small player in the muscle car battles. Hey a 300 HP V-6 Camaro beats a 4.6 V-8 Shelby GT Mustang now. They'll never fool us again...."it's a track car".......... BS.

I hate to disagree with you but the 300hp Camaro does not beat a stock Shelby GT, I have driven one and can say this for a fact. The SS didn't fare much better, I had a very nice view of it's front end in my rear view mirrors.

The regular Camaro can't hang. It's way too heavy. The SS made a tough challenge but in the end the SGT's weight advantage and gearing gave me a clear edge.

I hate to disagree with you but the 300hp Camaro does not beat a stock Shelby GT, I have driven one and can say this for a fact. The SS didn't fare much better, I had a very nice view of it's front end in my rear view mirrors.

The regular Camaro can't hang. It's way too heavy. The SS made a tough challenge but in the end the SGT's weight advantage and gearing gave me a clear edge.

You are correct. In the comp between the muscle cars the SS could not out perform the GT Mustang even though it had 110 more ponies under the hood. I believe that Car And Driver did the comp.

Here's the vid.

http://carvideos.caranddriver.com/?bcpid=6...tid=19203989001

Archived