TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Okay, you owe us pictures and a video clip of the exhaust sound...LOL. Welcome to TS. :salute:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I traded my 06 Tacoma x runner for an 07 gt500 on April 2nd. I'll be 26 in less than a month. I know, I know, young pup! Put 60k miles on my truck in the five years I had it. Cobra has 17k on it. Just a little warning, I will probably be asking a lot of silly noob questions.

Congrats & welcome to TS!

Cheers,

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gents;

Like to say HI THERE from Europa ( The Netherlands to be exact..) and have just registered myself as a GT500 Owner.

Hope to get some and ad some to this forum.

Real bad Mr'Mustang, has past away, hope his livetime creations will last forever and that he left ford a BUNDLE of hi-performance

ideas for the comming decades...

Well, see ya.

• 3 weeks later...

Sup guys, I’m new to the forum. I found this place because I was searching out clutch problems for my 2009 Gt500. My clutch went out last Wednesday and its at the dealership now being taken down so they can find out what the problem is, it was diagnosed as a slipping clutch. My estimate is $2800.00 WTH, on a 3 year old car with 20,000 miles it? My warranty expired last month.

I just found about all the TSB’s and issues everyone is having. My dealer never said a thing to me. I called customer care this morning and made a complaint, so I guess I just have to sit back and wait. This is my 5th mustang.... Ive been driving a clutch for 25 years, this by far is the worst experience I’ve had yet with any stang.

New member from VA. Sold the Whippled GT and finally (it really hasnt sunk in yet) have a Shelby GT500.

Found a nice deal on a 2012, Red/White stripes, NAV, Recaro's, 3047 miles.

Searching the Forum world over looking for wheel options and other mods. The car runs great but I can tell it needs to breathe. Looking forward to learning and corresponding with teamShelby.

Edited by aclass

• 1 month later...

Hey hows it going everyone, new to the forum with my 08 GT500, current mods are VMP tune, 2.59 pulley, JLT 123mm intake, JBA off road x-pipe 170thermostat , NT-05R DRs, steeda lower control arms, J&M upper control arm, SSS axle back, frpp shifter, JLT catch can. I love my GT500 and its been nothing but a blast.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

New to Shelby, came from mbworld. Previous drive was heavily moded C32AMG.

This is my first muscle, all I can say is WOW... The potential is huge!!!

Please meet 2009 Shelby GT500, factory stock (so far)

Mods on order:

Ford Racing Mustang 8.8" 3.73 Ring & Pinion Gears w/ Installation Kit

$(KGrHqN,!pEE8WidCVQHBPS5N7q9,Q~~60_12.JPG

Hood pins - they are mast have items)))

$T2eC16J,!)8E9s4l5-79BQhv2wEkE!~~60_3.JPG

Granatelli Motorsports 2005-2010 MUSTANG ADJUSTABLE UPPER 3RD LINK

gm-ca0507-u.jpg

LFP Rear Lower Control Arms 2005-10 Mustang GT / GT500

LowerArms.jpg

Eibach Pro System Suspension Kit Ford Mustang GT500 - 2007-2009

The Eibach Pro System Plus is precision-engineered for your specific year, make and model vehicle

Lowers your ride 1.20'' Front to 1.80" Rear on the strength of Eibach Pro Kit Springs and bump stops for an aggressive racing stance and superior handling

The Eibach Pro System Plus provides premium ride comfort with 4 Eibach Pro Dampers shocks that shield out bumps in the road

The Eibach Pro System Plus reduces corner body roll, acceleration squat and nose dive during braking

Custom-crafted to take the guesswork out of installation

Your Eibach Pro System Plus boasts an outstanding 1,000,000-mile warranty

DescriptionKiller lowered racing looks, smooth ride quality and track-ready cornering are all in this Eibach box. The Eibach Pro System Plus relies on the precision engineering of premier Eibach parts to create a 1.2" to 1.8" lowering kit that's specialized for your specific vehicle.Legendary Eibach Pro Kit Springs with their advanced spring rates. Top-shelf Eibach Pro Dampers for unmatched ride quality. They're all included in one system for total suspension dominance.Eibach engineers the Pro System Plus lowering kit with care to take the guesswork out of installation. Custom instructions are included to help get your ride out and racing in just a few hours. Best yet, your Eibach Pro System Plus is protected by an outstanding 1,000,000-mile warranty.

ProSystemKit_ShelbGT500.gif

DSS 3.50'' 900HP Aluminum Drive Shaft 2007-2010 Mustang Shelby GT500

DSS_GT500.jpg

2007-09 Shelby GT500 SPEC Super Twin Clutch Kit (P-Trim)

Super Twins are 10inch upgrades vs. the factory 8.5inch diameter.

SHELBY GT500 SPEC TWIN DISC APPLICATION GUIDE

All Twin Disk Clutch Kits Include a SPEC Aluminum Flywheel

SPEC Super Twin Clutch Kit - Carbon Graphite Disk 1395 TQ Rating Mustang GT500. SPEC Clutches and Flywheels introduces the Super Twin for street and track use in cars with extreme horsepower and torque.

s813_large.jpg

LFP Stage 1 SCTX3 Power Package Shelby Mustang GT500

POWER PACKAGE INCLUDES:

CL COLD AIR INTAKE

2 PIECE, QUICK CHANGE UPPER PULLEY YOUR CHOICE 2.6 0R 2.8 PULLEY RING

SCT X3 HAND HELD PROGRAMMER WITH 1 CUSTOM TUNE

NGK TR6 V-POWER SPARK PLUGS

DELUXE PULLY PULLER TOOL

PowerPack_11.gif

And last but not the least)))

6025-CX.jpg

I've got all of these toy only for around $6k+

Amazing!!!

post-39902-0-20523600-1355465222_thumb.jpg

post-39902-0-20523600-1355465222_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted say how awesome Santa was this year delivering me a 2009 Shelby Vapor Silver GT500 with 13,000 miles on it. So far what an awesome car to drive. Also after taking it to Ford for an inspection came to find out that it had the Ford Racing exhaust and x-pipe, along with the Ford Racing performance suspension upgrade. So what an awesome day! Thank you Santa I must have been really good this year.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm new to the forum. I own a 09 GT500 with a upgraded pulley, steeda cold air intake, and a McLeod twin disc clutch (rated for 1000hp). She has about 550 rwhp and 535 ft lbs of tourqe with about 29,000 miles. I've had her for about a year and I love it more every day! She also is my daily driver, drive drive drive! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome to TS - Enjoy the new ride, read up to see what other Team members have done to their cars and decide for yourself. These cars have wheel hop big time so I started with suspension mods before the power mods.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And yet another new member...Hi everyone from Moncton area of New Brunswick ,Canada. I am the very proud owner of a 2008 GT500 , in white with vista blue stripes. On my third summer owning it and what can I say but WOW what a car. I just turned 25000 miles and fell victim to the infamous clutch issues that seem to plague these cars. In fact ,that is what led me here . While searching the net for help I came across this site and was really impressed with the sharing that is going on.

As luck would have it ,the Atlantic Nationals are in town this weekend .I had my car entered last year and planned to this year , but the clutch kinda kicked those plans in the ass.

So , my question is can anybody suggest a reasonable vendor ,preferably in Canada because of the duties and extra shipping cost , to find me a new clutch?? I have been checking out a couple brands , the Mc Leod RXT , the Ram Power Grip HD , and one more I can't recall. Any first hand opinions on any others or generally any advice at all would be much appreciated.

Whitemare.....aka Mark

Hi, new member here. From Visalia, CA. Just bought my ebony '08 GT500 on Friday. My '06 GT was up to 44k miles and I was looking for something that the new Mustang that comes out next year wasn't going to de-value. Found this beast by accident (it has all stripes deleted, so it didn't stand out). It's only got 10k miles on it and likely will only get driven once or twice a week, but I plan on adding one of the various "stage 3" power packages to so I can jack the power level to around 650hp. I'm in no big hurry though-- it's already plenty fast. Anyhow, hello everyone!

Hello everyone. My name is Robert i'm 23 years old and live in Roanoke, Va. I have a 07 Torch Red with White stripes. Also has the Red and Black interior. I love the car I traded my 08 Bullitt for my Shelby and i'm so happy that I did.

And yet another new member...Hi everyone from Moncton area of New Brunswick ,Canada. I am the very proud owner of a 2008 GT500 , in white with vista blue stripes. On my third summer owning it and what can I say but WOW what a car. I just turned 25000 miles and fell victim to the infamous clutch issues that seem to plague these cars. In fact ,that is what led me here . While searching the net for help I came across this site and was really impressed with the sharing that is going on.

As luck would have it ,the Atlantic Nationals are in town this weekend .I had my car entered last year and planned to this year , but the clutch kinda kicked those plans in the ass.

So , my question is can anybody suggest a reasonable vendor ,preferably in Canada because of the duties and extra shipping cost , to find me a new clutch?? I have been checking out a couple brands , the Mc Leod RXT , the Ram Power Grip HD , and one more I can't recall. Any first hand opinions on any others or generally any advice at all would be much appreciated.

Whitemare.....aka Mark

Hi, new member here. From Visalia, CA. Just bought my ebony '08 GT500 on Friday. My '06 GT was up to 44k miles and I was looking for something that the new Mustang that comes out next year wasn't going to de-value. Found this beast by accident (it has all stripes deleted, so it didn't stand out). It's only got 10k miles on it and likely will only get driven once or twice a week, but I plan on adding one of the various "stage 3" power packages to so I can jack the power level to around 650hp. I'm in no big hurry though-- it's already plenty fast. Anyhow, hello everyone!

gatorfan462, whitemare and ngiotta,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new GT500's!!! They are awesome machines...

Lots of enthusiasts here to help you with questions and/or suggestions. Stay tuned here for activities and events in your regions:

Virginia: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/94-south-atlantic/

Canada: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/92-canada/

Visalia: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/96-pacific-coast/

Edited by SVT NAJA

Wow...what a dumbass. A couple days ago I posted my intro and in it I asked ??'s about clutch issues. I had followed a link to this site and after posting I realized there is ALOT of posts already here that answer my question. I apologise for appearing too darn lazy to look on my own. Once I found the forums page I soon figured out what I had to do...that was to contact Grabber for a quick question. I did , he helped , and now I am waiting on a price quote from the dealer cn the 2010 clutch assembly. Thanks Grabber ,and all the other posters addressing my problem. Mark