TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Greetings All!

This is my first post to this fine forum!

I too am in love with the new GT500 as are all of you! I'm posting this message from the state of Tennessee.

I stopped by one of the SVT dealers in the city today to find out what the General Manager , who I know, could tell me. He had just returned from Atlanta in which he and a couple of his top salesmen attended provided by Ford to give them details on the GT500.

He indicated to me that according to their visit form Ford, the GT500 would not start hitting dealers lots until late August or Mid-September. Something that did surprise me though, he indicated from Ford that the HP at delivery would be 500!

Just wanted to share this tidbit of info. I look forward to learning more from this great site!

Patience is soooo hard!

Greetings All!

This is my first post to this fine forum!

I too am in love with the new GT500 as are all of you! I'm posting this message from the state of Tennessee.

I stopped by one of the SVT dealers in the city today to find out what the General Manager , who I know, could tell me. He had just returned from Atlanta in which he and a couple of his top salesmen attended provided by Ford to give them details on the GT500.

He indicated to me that according to their visit form Ford, the GT500 would not start hitting dealers lots until late August or Mid-September. Something that did surprise me though, he indicated from Ford that the HP at delivery would be 500!

Just wanted to share this tidbit of info. I look forward to learning more from this great site!

Patience is soooo hard!

Welcome and thanks for the info. Aug -mid Sept. will make the wait even tougher. I was hoping July-mid Aug. You're right patience is hard.

Just signed up. I'm from Long Island NY. Been a mustang enthusiast since long before I could drive, I use to hang torn out photos from the mags on the wall from the time I was about 10(1980 btw). Bought my first mustang in '88 around HS graduation Black GT, currently running a '97 Cobra Vert that I love and baby, bought it new in '97 got about 20k miles. That baby is going up for sale as I have put down a downpayment(last week) on the Shelby GT500, prelim order white coupe w/blue stripes, black/black int. I sure hope this sucker comes in before Aug/Sep, I'm awfully pumped about this ride.

N---

Just signed up. I'm from Long Island NY. Been a mustang enthusiast since long before I could drive, I use to hang torn out photos from the mags on the wall from the time I was about 10(1980 btw). Bought my first mustang in '88 around HS graduation Black GT, currently running a '97 Cobra Vert that I love and baby, bought it new in '97 got about 20k miles. That baby is going up for sale as I have put down a downpayment(last week) on the Shelby GT500, prelim order white coupe w/blue stripes, black/black int. I sure hope this sucker comes in before Aug/Sep, I'm awfully pumped about this ride.

N---

Welcome to the site where we're all pumped about this ride. Congrats on your prelim order,I think I'm going with Vista Blue/White stripes. Haven't told the dealer what color yet.

Welcome to the site where we're all pumped about this ride. Congrats on your prelim order,I think I'm going with Vista Blue/White stripes. Haven't told the dealer what color yet.

Me either......yet!!!

KingCobra.

Hello, new guy here. My first car was a 1967 Mustang 390 GT that was 1971. Since then I have gone through quite a few cars. My next mustang was a 1994 GT, then a 1996 Cobra and finally an 2003 Cobra. When I first heard about the new Shelby I knew I had to have one! Last week I regestered at SVT performance and my first post I mentioned I had put in a preliminary order for the Shelby. Instead of the welcome I expected I was treated with major disrespect, basically calling me a liar. Needless to say it was my last post! The Cobra owners and the future Shelby owners fight like children. Talk about jealousy! I have been in the business for 36 years, 23 with Ford. I found this site and it seems there are a lot of good people here. I'm a tech. and can help with tecnicial problems TSB's etc. I have always wanted a Shelby and this is my best shot. I'm getting the first one from our dealership at MSRP! The owner and I are very good friends.

Welcome 2FST4U. This is a great forum because it's all GT500 freaks. I know most of us also visit SVTPerformance, but you are right about the fighting and jealousy. I usually just go there for entertainment.

I think you are the first tech. we have here. There's one guy (Modified7) here that actually works at the plant that’s building the pre-production GT500’s and Five Oh B is a dealer. Both of those guys have been great with answering questions and discussing topics. Glad you're on board but you're definitely not the guy I want to be asking questions because if I am that means my car broke. LOL.

Hello, new guy here. My first car was a 1967 Mustang 390 GT that was 1971. Since then I have gone through quite a few cars. My next mustang was a 1994 GT, then a 1996 Cobra and finally an 2003 Cobra. When I first heard about the new Shelby I knew I had to have one! Last week I regestered at SVT performance and my first post I mentioned I had put in a preliminary order for the Shelby. Instead of the welcome I expected I was treated with major disrespect, basically calling me a liar. Needless to say it was my last post! The Cobra owners and the future Shelby owners fight like children. Talk about jealousy! I have been in the business for 36 years, 23 with Ford. I found this site and it seems there are a lot of good people here. I'm a tech. and can help with tecnicial problems TSB's etc. I have always wanted a Shelby and this is my best shot. I'm getting the first one from our dealership at MSRP! The owner and I are very good friends.

Hey, welcome to the site.

You're right, this is a great site, with some very knowledgeable people, who are die-hard fans of Ford and Shelby. You'll hear some frustration, for sure. But only because of the passion held. Take off your coat, and stay awhile, I think you'll like it. Of course, any information you have, that would not jepardize yourself (working for Ford) would be greatly appreciated.

KingCobra.

...Last week I regestered at SVT performance and my first post I mentioned I had put in a preliminary order for the Shelby. Instead of the welcome I expected I was treated with major disrespect, basically calling me a liar. Needless to say it was my last post! The Cobra owners and the future Shelby owners fight like children...

Yeah, I noticed svtperformance can get a little rough. Sometimes it's good for a little comic relief.

Welcome aboard. Look forward to some good inside info.

I recognize most of you from other boards. I tried to register my usual username, but, someone else has already registered it. So I decided to go with something that reflected my (soon to be) car.

5.4, what's your usual username?

I put it in my signature.

For those that don't know me, I'm A GT500 junkie. I have one promised to me #3 in line for MSRP. I'm number 1 in line at another dealer, they started talking AMV, so I found another. The first guy is starting squirm, so I may be first at MSRP if he comes around.

That is kinda funny. The reason I hadn't joined here is because it was spawned from blueovalnews and I thought they were one of the worst sites about fighting and not getting anything discussed. I just happened to pop over here again, and this site is very civil. Hope you guys don't mind me becoming one of the group.

Welcome aboard!!!

Could always use another perspective, and another source of information.

Good to have you.

KingCobra.

Appreciate that.

I do come across a tidbit now and then. I have no control over when, however.

I've been posting messages in the other forum rooms, and did not notice this one. I've loved Shelbys since I was a kid, since my dad owned a '70 Mach 1, he always used to tell stories of the Shelby he missed purchasing by two weeks and ended up with the Mach. I've always wanted a Shelby and feel that it's my chance to own one BRAND NEW !! Don't get me wrong, if I could get a hold of an old school one, I would in a second ! I put a reserve on a 2007 at my local dealership and am crossing my fingers that they don't stick it with an outlandish markup. It would be great to add that car to the Mach 1 and 3 5.0 Mustangs I have. ('88,'89, and '90) I look forward to being part of group dedicated to this car !!

Welcome MustleCarFanatic,

I think you'll find you're in good company here.

I have a coupe coming, put my deposit down last June '05.

This was the first sight I found and have never loooked anywhere else,

good group of guys who love this car, and really know their stuff.

KingCobra.

Guest markham51

Hi everyone!

I am a Mustang guy who currently owns a restored 68 Shelby GT500KR convt (among others). I can't wait to get my hands on a new GT500 to throw in the garage with the old guy! I am very passionate about Mustangs (and Fords). When I show people my garage, the first thing they invariably say is....so I guess you're a Ford guy! (although not all are Ford products)

I am first in line at Capital Ford in Raleigh NC and at Parkway Ford in Waterloo, Ontario Canada (both confirmed in writing)

I can't wait to get my hands on one! :happy feet: It is nice to finally see ordering info. I will be on the phone tomorrow AM with my list of options....

I hope all of you passionate Shelby Mustang people are able to acquire the car of your dreams either this year or in the future...good luck and lets hope the market premiums on this car aren't too high.

Regards,

Mark

Hi everyone!

I am a Mustang guy who currently owns a restored 68 Shelby GT500KR convt (among others). I can't wait to get my hands on a new GT500 to throw in the garage with the old guy! I am very passionate about Mustangs (and Fords). When I show people my garage, the first thing they invariably say is....so I guess you're a Ford guy! (although not all are Ford products)

I am first in line at Capital Ford in Raleigh NC and at Parkway Ford in Waterloo, Ontario Canada (both confirmed in writing)

I can't wait to get my hands on one! :happy feet: It is nice to finally see ordering info. I will be on the phone tomorrow AM with my list of options....

I hope all of you passionate Shelby Mustang people are able to acquire the car of your dreams either this year or in the future...good luck and lets hope the market premiums on this car aren't too high.

Regards,

Mark

Welcome.

This car will make a nice addition to your garage. Good Luck.

Let's try to keep the Market Adjustments to $0.

Guest markham51

Welcome Mark,

So help me out here...........

Where do you live???

Or should I say where do you live eh???

KingCobra.

Hi KC,

I live in Waterloo. ON for 6 months each year and the other 6 months I live in Wilmington NC.

Mark

Hi All,

I stumbled across this site looking for information on the new GT 500. I've learned more here in a week or two than I did since last march when I went to my local dealer asking about the shelby coming out. My first car was a 67 mustang coupe with a straight six which i still own 20 years later. I heard about shelbys way back then and got a change to ride in a 67 GT350 after that I was hooked :D

I've been working since last March to get a 07 GT500, I like alot of the folks here have tried everything possible to get a chance at one. I recently had all but decided it was not going to happen, But my luck may have changed I found out a small dealership around my area was getting one GT 500 for sure and maybe a second. The first is already spoken for and he believed strongly he would get the second. I talked to the dealer yesterday wanting to get a idea about where the price is going to be. As I've read these forums and heard how prices are getting jacked I was heading it off early. If I hear the crazy stuff others are reporting I guess I'll be waiting alittle longer than 20 years

This is a great forum and nice folks here thanks for all the info :D

Kb67

Edited by kb67

Hello to all ! New member,original owner 1969 Boss 429.Icame across your site and thought I would stop in. I notice a lot of talk on this and other sites about the return of a Boss car in 2009.This would be a great thing for Ford and a better one for Mustang fans,but,unless they put some serious muscle and cubic inches in the engine bay the competition will still walk over them. Chrysler's hemi and Chevy's small block have been around and have been upgraded countless times for better performance,while Ford has introduced new engines that unfortunatly,from the factory (with the exception of the supercharged ones) need help. If Ford steps up to the plate with a 5.4 minimum that would be a nice start.Yes,the Shelby has it,but their big bucks.Why not even a 4.6 iron block,DOHC head with the supercharger from the parts bin!I'm thinking of doing that to my Marauder like many others have done.I love the look of the new Mustangs and look foreward to adding a 2009 Boss next to my real 1969 Boss .Come on Ford do it proud!! :happy feet:Pics at my webpage: The Boss is Back

Edited by 69boss429

Welcome Guys,

If you love this car (Shelby GT500), or even just Mustangs in general, you've come to the right place.

This IS a great site, with a great group of very well informed people who live and breath performance,

and American muscle.

If you can't find it here, it doesn't exist........yet!!!

KingCobra.