TEAM SHELBY FORUM

paxton novi install

UPDATE: Well apparently the code on the sticker under the hood is not correct. Mine reads XZE2 and so this was throwing him off; at least that's the theory. He had me load the Paxton and Stock tunes of course with the Diablo and read the stategy with the SCT; it read FPASAU9 for both. He said this was totally different from what he started with based on the sticker under the hood. I'll be getting number six today ! Six is a charm, right?

I curious as to what everyone else's PCM sticker reads.

The sticker isn't accurate. The 'strategy code' for the SGT is FPASAU9. The sticker code only applies to the original factory tune from Ford.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sticker isn't accurate. The 'strategy code' for the SGT is FPASAU9. The sticker code only applies to the original factory tune from Ford.

Yep, so that's the problem... :happy feet:

Tonight ! ... :drool:

I think a TS member had a similar problem when they loaded a custom tune in a GTH. The computer was changed so the tune did not work becouse the tuner did not realize this. Once figured out, worked like a charm. Good luck!

WooHoo !! The car is running !!

:banvictory: :happy feet:

To the Dyno on Friday !!

The additional ponies are obvious !!

Thanks for the support hombres !

shelbygtsnake.jpg

Considering that the blower is your only real performance mod (aside from the Steeda plates), netting 50 RWHP or so is pretty damn good for a non-IC 1200 Novi.

However, I'd say there's still room for improvement and it's most likely in the tune. If I were you, I'd get a custom tune written at the dyno shop or from a different shop online.

You should be at least north of 350 RWHP with your setup IMO. Good luck Ed.

Ken

How many pounds of boost were you making at peak?

Ken

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw that file.

Ha Ha, I was about to post the pic again right here... :hysterical:

Ha Ha, I was about to post the pic again right here... :hysterical:

I dunno how I missed that.

The AFR looks rich to me. There's certainly some room to lean that out. Any idea what your global timing is set at?

Ken

Considering that the blower is your only real performance mod (aside from the Steeda plates), netting 50 RWHP or so is pretty damn good for a non-IC 1200 Novi.

However, I'd say there's still room for improvement and it's most likely in the tune. If I were you, I'd get a custom tune written at the dyno shop or from a different shop online.

You should be at least north of 350 RWHP with your setup IMO. Good luck Ed.

Ken

The guy at the dyno shop suggested reducing the plug gap...what do you think? He didn't want to mess with the tune.

The guy at the dyno shop suggested reducing the plug gap...what do you think? He didn't want to mess with the tune.

Which plugs are you running? Are they new or original? If original, how many miles on them?

Oh...the tune mistakenly had 4.10 gear ratio; would that make a difference in the readings? I wouldn't think so but thought I'd ask anyways.

Yes, original with 14,650 miles.

At the very least, you need to change those, no question before a blower upgrade.

At best, upgrade to the zero degree plugs. You'll gain nothing by messing with the electrodes on the old plugs.

At the very least, you need to change those, no question before a blower upgrade.

At best, upgrade to the zero degree plugs. You'll gain nothing by messing with the electrodes on the old plugs.

Will do....u da man Ken !

I'll keep the original plugs with the rest of the original parts. I'll have them when I return the car to original in 30 years. :hysterical:

Will do....u da man Ken !

I'll keep the original plugs with the rest of the original parts. I'll have them when I return the car to original in 30 years. :hysterical:

LOL that's what I keep telling myself too, but my stock parts pile is going to need it's own garage here pretty quickly!

HAVE YOU CONSIDER ANOTHER SHOP OR JUSTIN @ VMP TO GET YOUR

TUNE DONE. :headscratch:

I M ONLY SAYING THIS BECAUSE YOUR HAVING A TOUGH PROBLEM GETTING

THIS TUNE DIALED IN.

B.O.L.

SCOTTY

:happy feet: Dyno tune scheduled for Friday 8/7 at Quantum Performance !! I have no doubt they'll do it right !! :happy feet:

What time is you tune scheduled for on Friday? I might swing by to check it out.

JUST FOUND YOUR INSTALL PIC'S FROM PAGE 2 OF THE POST. IT LOOKS

GREAT KEN. AWESOME JOB ON THE INSTALL.

SCOTTY

Thanks Scotty. As for Ed's tune, he's actually headed to Quantum to give them a shot, instead of BBR.

I'm sure that ought to work out a lot better for him. Can't wait to see the dyno results!

Ken

JUST FOUND YOUR INSTALL PIC'S FROM PAGE 2 OF THE POST. IT LOOKS

GREAT KEN. AWESOME JOB ON THE INSTALL.

SCOTTY

Thank you Scotty...I just got an update from BBR and it's much better....They're talking to Quantum who'll finish it up :)

Mike Wilson at Quantum said I'll be between 360 and 380 RW depending on the temperature: :happy feet:

What time is you tune scheduled for on Friday? I might swing by to check it out.

I'm hoping to get there by noon ! Hope to see ya there !

Archived