TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Post here if you own a GT/SC

wmoore

50 minutes ago, Timmers3 said:

Just picked mine up Wed 08/14/19 from being upgraded. Bought it new and finally got her back to Vegas to have her upgraded. I couldn't get the snake version of the the GT/SC seat covers.  Add one more convertible to the GT/SC group. 08SGT0886.  Other mods include the Shelby sequential turn signals and Shelby racing pedals, along with a  signed airbag cover by the man himself.

8975a.jpeg

1841.jpeg

IMG_20190614_114959317.jpg

IMG_20190724_102736561.jpg

IMG_20190614_114946955.jpg

IMG_20190614_115020741.jpg

:worship: 

Congrats Timmers! Looking VERY nice buddy!!! I happen to really like those seat backs. 👍

Another GT/SC in TX. too. I sold my ‘07 to Len Musgrove and he did the same. He lives in Dallas area. Just picked his up earlier this year. 

Edit- ......and the story continues

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Timmers3 said:

Just picked mine up Wed 08/14/19 from being upgraded. Bought it new and finally got her back to Vegas to have her upgraded. I couldn't get the snake version of the the GT/SC seat covers.  Add one more convertible to the GT/SC group. 08SGT0886.  Other mods include the Shelby sequential turn signals and Shelby racing pedals, along with a  signed airbag cover by the man himself.

8975a.jpeg

1841.jpeg

IMG_20190614_114959317.jpg

IMG_20190724_102736561.jpg

IMG_20190614_114946955.jpg

IMG_20190614_115020741.jpg

How long did they have the Shelby for at the facility?  Congrats looks awesome...what supercharger?

10 minutes ago, noac said:

How long did they have the Shelby for at the facility?  Congrats looks awesome...what supercharger?

I dropped her off in May ... 5/6/19 and picked her up 8/14/19 . that said I was there in April and they told me if I didn't get her in before the middle of may it would be at least 8 months before they could even start. I would love to tell you that was just a sales tactic but when I got there to pick her up the shop was overflowing with the new F150's being upgraded.

17 hours ago, noac said:

I have been back and forth on getting my 07 SGT done...I will be into it for $5g with shipping alone since I am on the East Coast...

Tasca Ford in Rhode Island is still authorized to install GT/SC packages which should keep the shipping costs down.

Steven

On 7/16/2019 at 5:33 AM, T-K said:

Hi!

just picked up a 2008 Shelby GT/SC.

Orange/silver , Whipple and only 230 miles.

car is beeing shipped to Norway!

746B1CFD-CEAF-4834-86ED-A9E15EC94D7A.jpeg

E43636F7-53AF-4DBC-8D88-B9B6B919C9B7.jpeg

24FABB26-7C12-4AF6-894D-C63EEAA63BF0.jpeg

1B31DB27-FE8F-4AA1-8701-0D9A2BC470D5.jpeg

seems to be A LOT OF MUSTANGS in Norway! And very odd is my cell was ringing last week and said Norway but no message was left. I am looking was a specific number 2011 GT350 #39 so had me thinking is it in Norway?

21 hours ago, noac said:

Of ALL my Mustangs and I own some real nice Shelby's my Favorite is still my 2008 Shelby GT/SC and the 08 Conv.'s look so damn good I have considered buying another 08 Shelby GT but the Conv. and yours looks so amazing I might just do that. How much more power is the Whipple over the Kenne Bell?

Just now, 39Mustang said:

Of ALL my Mustangs and I own some real nice Shelby's my Favorite is still my 2008 Shelby GT/SC and the 08 Conv.'s look so damn good I have considered buying another 08 Shelby GT but the Conv. and yours looks so amazing I might just do that. How much more power is the Whipple over the Kenne Bell?

I meant to quote the Shelby GT pics

2 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

seems to be A LOT OF MUSTANGS in Norway! And very odd is my cell was ringing last week and said Norway but no message was left. I am looking was a specific number 2011 GT350 #39 so had me thinking is it in Norway?

Yes, it is a lot of Mustangs and Shelbys. 

At this time the Norwegian krone is very weak against US dollar, not very good time to buy cars actually.

11350039 is not in Norway as far as i know, we only have one 2011 350 and that is 113500350.

if you have the phone number i can check it if you want

2 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Are you thinking about the 08 GT/SC?

Whipple is, or was 550hp, not sure on the KB

i see that the present GT/SC package for 2007/2008 is standard Kenne Bell and optional Whipple. Seeing the KB on Shelbystore it says 514hp

On 8/18/2019 at 1:16 PM, Timmers3 said:

I dropped her off in May ... 5/6/19 and picked her up 8/14/19 . that said I was there in April and they told me if I didn't get her in before the middle of may it would be at least 8 months before they could even start. I would love to tell you that was just a sales tactic but when I got there to pick her up the shop was overflowing with the new F150's being upgraded.

Yup! I was there at SA a few weeks back and the shop looked like an F150 shop. They’re going gangbusters on em!!! 

8 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Tasca Ford in Rhode Island is still authorized to install GT/SC packages which should keep the shipping costs down.

Steven

Thanks I did not know that....I thought they did away with all the mod shops...Do you have the name and number of someone I may contact at Tasca??

14 hours ago, noac said:

Thanks I did not know that....I thought they did away with all the mod shops...Do you have the name and number of someone I may contact at Tasca??

Dennis Gomes runs the mod-shop. Be sure to make it clear that you are interested in the Shelby authorized GT/SC package and not a Tasca Ford package so that your build will be recognized as an authentic GT/SC equipped SGT.

17 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Yup! I was there at SA a few weeks back and the shop looked like an F150 shop. They’re going gangbusters on em!!! 

Our customers dictate what we build. Right now along with the previous several years Shelby trucks have been the hot ticket. Our competition may try to imitate what we do but there is only one Shelby American and we couldn't do it without all of you.

Steven

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 73mockone said:

Dennis Gomes at Tasca did mine a few years ago.  He was great to work with!

I have tried to contact the mod shop at Tasca several times and have never been able to get a live human on the phone.  I left a message twice with Dennis and have received no call back.  Communication is very important to me when a shop has one of my cars.  Tasca has been ruled out.  I have had the exact opposite experience in dealing with Shelby out in Vegas.  I have talked to Matt a few times and he was very friendly and knowledgeable.  Shelby gets my money.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, noac said:

I have tried to contact the mod shop at Tasca several times and have never been able to get a live human on the phone.  I left a message twice with Dennis and have received no call back.  Communication is very important to me when a shop has one of my cars.  Tasca has been ruled out.  I have had the exact opposite experience in dealing with Shelby out in Vegas.  I have talked to Matt a few times and he was very friendly and knowledgeable.  Shelby gets my money.

Matt is the sales manager here at Shelby American so you are in good hands.

Have you ever thought of having your SGT upgrade completed around the same time as the next Team Shelby Vegas Bash in March 2020? What a way to experience a GT/SC by attending the Vegas Bash with your newly enhanced SGT.

Something to think about.

Steven 

• 1 month later...

To Steven's point, I had my '07 Shelby GT upconverted to the GT/SC package just in time for the 2019 Bash.  It was a great experience.   Matt Giles and company at SA did a superb job on my baby, and my first sighting of the finished work was in the SA Winner's Circle.   :)

Late Stages 1-25-19.jpg

1 hour ago, Len Musgrove said:

To Steven's point, I had my '07 Shelby GT upconverted to the GT/SC package just in time for the 2019 Bash.  It was a great experience.   Matt Giles and company at SA did a superb job on my baby, and my first sighting of the finished work was in the SA Winner's Circle.   :)

We need a winners circle photo :)

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, Len Musgrove said:

Here she is at the 2019 Bash in March!

Very nice Len!  You must of made BB “Proud”!!!  :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

SGT/SC 08312 Polished Whipple 550.  SR1 wheels, brake cooling, solid axle, mid draw hood, HD cooling, Borla Atak mufflers original SGT engine cap set and many more options.  All mods performed by Shelby in Vegas.  Originally a Texas car, came to me in North Dakota via Tennessee.

FullSizeRender.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived