TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5.4 blower on 4.6

Greg Abarr

Hi

I have decided to build an intake to install the blower's off the Shelby GT 500 on the 4.6 mustang engine.

As soon as I can get a used 4.6 intake I will start fabing it up. If anyone is interested in one of these intake's let me know.

Greg

Hi

I have decided to build an intake to install the blower's off the Shelby GT 500 on the 4.6 mustang engine.

As soon as I can get a used 4.6 intake I will start fabing it up. If anyone is interested in one of these intake's let me know.

Greg

I'm extremely interested to see how this will work. Keep us posted.

Ken

+1!

Hi Everyone

I have a friend who has a 5.4 blower he is going to sell me for $500 so as soon as I can find a used intake I will start on it. I want to set it up to use stock pully's but may have to fab some.

I have put out the word to all the salvage yard's around here that I am looking for one so maybe It won't be to long befor I can get started on the project.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

I have a friend who has a 5.4 blower he is going to sell me for $500 so as soon as I can find a used intake I will start on it. I want to set it up to use stock pully's but may have to fab some.

I have put out the word to all the salvage yard's around here that I am looking for one so maybe It won't be to long befor I can get started on the project.

Greg

Blue oval industries has take off ones cheap. $89 http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99012879

Thanks Greg! :happy feet:

Hi I got the blower today and will get to work on it. I am asumeing that it is an eaton but am not sure what model number it is. It is off of a 2008 .

I have 3 way's I can do this.

1-I can buy a 4.6 intake for the eaton and fab a plate to mate the blower to the intake.

2- I can weld the change motion plate's into one piece while mounted on the engine and fab a box to mount the blower on.

3- I can build a mold from the same type of plastic the orgional intake is made out of and just injection mold them out of plastic. This probally won't work with the 8 LB's of boost,and if some one tries a smaller pulley it will blow out the plastic.

Any one have any other ideal's?

Greg

Hi I got the blower today and will get to work on it. I am asumeing that it is an eaton but am not sure what model number it is. It is off of a 2008 .

I have 3 way's I can do this.

1-I can buy a 4.6 intake for the eaton and fab a plate to mate the blower to the intake.

2- I can weld the change motion plate's into one piece while mounted on the engine and fab a box to mount the blower on.

3- I can build a mold from the same type of plastic the orgional intake is made out of and just injection mold them out of plastic. This probally won't work with the 8 LB's of boost,and if some one tries a smaller pulley it will blow out the plastic.

Any one have any other ideal's?

Greg

Yeah, if it's a stock take off than it's an Eaton. Not sure of the model #, but any GT500 guy ought to be able to chime in on that.

IMO, option 1 seems like a pretty good option. Option 3 doesn't seem like a great plan, given the concern you've already laid out.

I'm confused on what option 2 is, however. What do you mean 'weld the charge motion plates into one piece'?

Ken

Yeah, if it's a stock take off than it's an Eaton. Not sure of the model #, but any GT500 guy ought to be able to chime in on that.

IMO, option 1 seems like a pretty good option. Option 3 doesn't seem like a great plan, given the concern you've already laid out.

I'm confused on what option 2 is, however. What do you mean 'weld the charge motion plates into one piece to work on them.

Ken

Hi

As to option 2 the change motion plate's are bolted to the block though the plastic intake. What I was thinking about was tiging them together in a frame work of alum bracing to be sure I have the correct dimission's for the adapter. I would then be able to remove them in one piece

I would then remove the plate's and the linkage and use the change motion plate houseing as a base for a new box for the blower intake.

When I have the new box welded up I would then remove the welded brace's and have the new intake.

Greg

Hi

As to option 2 the change motion plate's are bolted to the block though the plastic intake. What I was thinking about was tiging them together in a frame work of alum bracing to be sure I have the correct dimission's for the adapter. I would then be able to remove them in one piece

I would then remove the plate's and the linkage and use the change motion plate houseing as a base for a new box for the blower intake.

When I have the new box welded up I would then remove the welded brace's and have the new intake.

Greg

OK that makes sense. Seems like you could just pull a few dimensions rather than welding the plates together, but whatever works.

This option would probably be the easiest and cheapest. So when do we get to work? :)

OK that makes sense. Seems like you could just pull a few dimensions rather than welding the plates together, but whatever works.

This option would probably be the easiest and cheapest. So when do we get to work? :)

Hi

I have sent e mail's to Eaton and a lot of the people who sell blower's to see who will sell me an Eaton style intake for the 4.6 as I really would prefer to build a adapter plate because of the time involved as I am now working on some other project's.

I also need the elbow that goes between the blower and the throttle body if any one has an extra one for sale.

Greg

Hi

I have sent e mail's to Eaton and a lot of the people who sell blower's to see who will sell me an Eaton style intake for the 4.6 as I really would prefer to build a adapter plate because of the time involved as I am now working on some other project's.

I also need the elbow that goes between the blower and the throttle body if any one has an extra one for sale.

Greg

Update

I have found that Ford will sell me a 4.6 eaton style intake. I will order one and see what has to be done to make an adapter.

The blower intake list for $720.00

Thank's

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I also have a black 08. The plate would be easy to machine as far as I can tell. I will give myself another month to find a used intake and if I can't find one I will break down and buy a new one from Ford.

Greg

2008 black Gt modified

1968 Gt 500 KR Conv. bought new

71 Ranchereo 429 Cobra Jet

57 Ford Custom 300 428,4-speed Frankland quick change,69 Lincoln Mk 111 need's restoring

5 pre 67 Corvette's

and more junk

I have asked this question many times, I wonder why no one has thought of fabbing something to make the gt500 SC fit on our rides and finally someone is doing it. I would be very interested on how all this works out because I can get a take off blower super cheap.

• 1 year later...

Archived