TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anybody else have this problem?

08SGT1977

Every corner I go through my rear tires break loose into a glide / slide almost every time I take a right or left turn. At this rate I will need new tires before I rotate them the first time. It is addicting to give it a little throttle after I am in the turn and feel it take flight and then smartly snap back. I need help.

Agreed. My TC is fairly moderate- meaning that it keeps my tires from slipping up to approx. mid-throttle. To be honest, it's the least tail happy Mustang I've ever driven. However, without the TC engaged- the back end goes out very easily. (On a side note, I like the TC that Ford set up- it's not too aggressive, but active enough that it makes me look like a hero behind the wheel.)

Every corner I go through my rear tires break loose into a glide / slide almost every time I take a right or left turn. At this rate I will need new tires before I rotate them the first time. It is addicting to give it a little throttle after I am in the turn and feel it take flight and then smartly snap back. I need help.

Sounds like a case of incipient Drifterism. If caught at an early stage it can be channeled into productive and joyful Corner-carving. If allowed to progress without restraint, it will eventually develop into Full-tread Burnout syndrome, in which the victim eventually finds himself driving on empty rims.

I recommend attaching a really, really heavy return spring to the throttle pedal.

Good luck.

Archived