TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking to buy another Shelby GT

SGT1197

Well I'm looking to buy another Shelby GT. I had a 2007 Shelby GT white one #1197 and sold it to buy a 2008 Shelby GT500. Still have the 500 and looking to buy a 2008 Shelby GT or Shelby GT-C. So my color options are Vista Blue or Grabber Orange. Other necessary options are IUP, 5 speed, very low miles, Shaker 1000 or Nav. Not sure if the hood scoop is still an issue for the 2008 Shelby GT or not since I don't post or read from the Shelby GT site much. I've looked on ebay. Any help or information about the 2008 Vista Blue or Grabber Orange California models would be helpful.

Thanks

SGT1197:happy feet:

I found a 2008 Shelby GT, 08SGT1643, Vista Blue couple, dark charcoal interior, 5spd, IUP, 500 miles on odometer, 35% window tint Sitting on the Dealer Lot Front Row in Austin, TX

$36,982 hangin in front window REDUCED!

Maxwell Ford - - - - - - - - Click Here for Advertisement

Austin, TX

(512) 916-2661

From the looks of it - all the original documetation is still with the vehicle - SAI window sticker,

SAI Owner's Manual Addendum - Ford Window Sticker and all other items found in the glove box

I'm down here for work - stumbled across the car sitting at the lot while at the Dealership's body shop writing an estimate on another car there.

According to my experiences, some of the early 2008 SGT models still had hood scoop issues. However, you can talk to Bud to confirm this- as he could run the CSM number for the build date. There were several versions made until every issue was fixed. There are some slight differences with the 2008 cars that you will probably like (if you don't already).

Good luck with the search- I think Vista Blue is nice color. Although, if rarity is your thing- the Grabber Orange SGT models are harder to find (originally a 'west coast only' color).

Thanks for the responses. Looks like I have some phone calls to make. I do know that there was a 2008 Shelby GT-C on ebay that went out today with no bids made on it. It was listed at $31,295.00 with no reserve. It is located at Citrus Motors in Ontario, California. Is anyone familiar with that dealership?

Joe Cooper Ford in Tulsa, Oklahoma has a Vista Blue. 6 miles on it with IUP, shaker 1000, 5 speed, Dark Charcoal interior. 888-278-4078.

Price listed at $33,905.

I would be surprised if Joe Copper has a SGT on the lot. As far as I know I bought their only one a little over a month ago. If you call them, ask for Darrel Johnson, they were fantastic to deal with.

According to my experiences, some of the early 2008 SGT models still had hood scoop issues. However, you can talk to Bud to confirm this- as he could run the CSM number for the build date. There were several versions made until every issue was fixed. There are some slight differences with the 2008 cars that you will probably like (if you don't already).

Good luck with the search- I think Vista Blue is nice color. Although, if rarity is your thing- the Grabber Orange SGT models are harder to find (originally a 'west coast only' color).

Actually, yes I have been to Citrus Motors. I even took a tour of the dealership before I graduated from UTI (Universal Technical Institute), and had a few Ford FACT (Ford Accelerated Credential Training) instructors that used to work there- they all left on good terms. They have really nice facilities, and there own in-house body shop. Citrus Ford is one of largest Ford dealerships in the country (after Galpin Ford) if I recall correctly. They are also a 'no hassle' dealership, meaning that there sales people are NOT based off of commission (which is rare, esp. in CA).

Although, if rarity is your thing- the Grabber Orange SGT models are harder to find (originally a 'west coast only' color).

I am byass...GO is my choice. there were 2 on e-bay yesterday, but then I guess you have seen that already.

Cant believe that there are still GO's on the lots. you should get a good deal, since they are selling 2010 modles now. I have seen GT500 in the mid $30K, so maybe you can get a good deal on a SGT......219 GO produced!!

P.S. There is no problrm with my hood scoop.

There are a few @ friendly ford here in Vegas team ford may have some as well as ford country the good thing about Vegas is you buy a SGT bring it to SAI get a blower brakes wheels new scoop maybe stripes and whatever else they offer nowdays

Archived