TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Lower Grill Too Long?

Yeah, I see you're down in Illinois. I hope you guys don't get any of the snow that's heading this way from North Dakota. We're suppose to get it pretty good.

I do want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. If it wasn't for your comments, I wouldn't have known what was going on and I would have been trying to put this on in May instead of now. Great job guys!!

M

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I see you're down in Illinois. I hope you guys don't get any of the snow that's heading this way from North Dakota. We're suppose to get it pretty good.

I do want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. If it wasn't for your comments, I wouldn't have known what was going on and I would have been trying to put this on in May instead of now. Great job guys!!

M

Just got my replacement lower grille. I have not installed it yet but it fits perfect. It has all the return shipping and prepaid shipping info supplied. This will finish off the front for now. With the new stripes and painted hood scoop I am real pleased with the look

Ted

I called SPP on Friday March 27th, I had ordered a bunch of stuff at the Vegas race and hadn't recieved anything yet so I thought I would give them a call and find out what's going on. I was told that they were holding my order untill the new lower grills came in this week. He said they had problem with the old ones with not fitting right and that they were waiting for the new ones to come in which is supposed to be this week. So there ya go, maybe this week.

Great to hear. I don't mind waiting for one that fits. The polished one I had first fit just fine. I decided black worked better for me so I returned the polished one. Been a while and I think about it every time I take that car out. Sounds like it won't be too much longer.

Chuck

I called SPP on Friday March 27th, I had ordered a bunch of stuff at the Vegas race and hadn't recieved anything yet so I thought I would give them a call and find out what's going on. I was told that they were holding my order untill the new lower grills came in this week. He said they had problem with the old ones with not fitting right and that they were waiting for the new ones to come in which is supposed to be this week. So there ya go, maybe this week.

Thanks! Did you order polished or black? I'm waiting on black. :cry:

Thanks! Did you order polished or black? I'm waiting on black. :cry:

Polished.

I called Chris at SPP AGAIN and told him that mine was for sure too long so he had me take a photo of it and email it to him so he could forward it to the manufacturer who is going to mail me the correct sized one then after I recieve the correct one then I will have to mail back the incorrect sized one.

Has anyone received a polished grill that is either not completely polished or has what appears to me to have had the chrome rubbed off? I see the same issue with my main grill as well. This is only at the edge of one side on either grill. (I know polished and chrome are two different processes, but I'm honestly not sure which process was used on these grills)

Has anyone received a polished grill that is either not completely polished or has what appears to me to have had the chrome rubbed off? I see the same issue with my main grill as well. This is only at the edge of one side on either grill. (I know polished and chrome are two different processes, but I'm honestly not sure which process was used on these grills)

Does it look like someone took a grinder to one side to make it fit?

No, it's what you would expect to see if it was made of plastic, chromed, and then the chrome was worn off. The average Joe wouldn't notice unless they inspected it closely, but then the average Joe doesn't own a SGT.

Received my black one last week but haven't installed it yet. The fit is fine. To me the quality doesn't seem as good as with the last supplier. I had a polished one from the previous supplier that was flawless, but I returned it because the black worked better for me. This one has sloppy welds and trash in the finish. Not complaining and certainly not returning it, just an observation.

Chuck

I got my replacement polished lower grill Tuesday of last week. Installed it Saturday. It looked good to me. Sure finished off the front of the car nicely.

The manufacuter included a return lable in the box so I could ship it back. Pretty good service in this day and age imo. :)

No, it's what you would expect to see if it was made of plastic, chromed, and then the chrome was worn off. The average Joe wouldn't notice unless they inspected it closely, but then the average Joe doesn't own a SGT.

Mine looked alright. I was guessing these were made of aluminum. Or an inexpensive type of white metal. This was made on my observation of the grinding dust on my belt sander. I'm hoping I don't have issues with this further down the road.

Jeff - glad to hear you had no issues at all. Sounds to me like Shelby addressed this issue and it is finally resolved.

Received my black one last week but haven't installed it yet. The fit is fine. To me the quality doesn't seem as good as with the last supplier. I had a polished one from the previous supplier that was flawless, but I returned it because the black worked better for me. This one has sloppy welds and trash in the finish. Not complaining and certainly not returning it, just an observation.

Chuck

I got my replacement one yesterday and yes it does fit but you are so correct on the crappy welds and the sloppy gunk left in the corners. I guess we are only paying $80 and once installed you will never see it so I am not complaining either. B)

post-12534-1240627602_thumb.jpg :headscratch:

I was refering to seeing the gunky welds that you will not see them when installed. Of course you will see the lower grill when installed.

:headscratch: I'll give you a scratchy head right back at why you had chosen to install those huge fog lights instead of the more sleek shelby PIAA driving lights?

I'm just giving you a little crap it looks good but I would put some mesh wire on the inside to cover up the holes that the PIAA driving lights would have fit in.

Archived