TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY UNDER HOOD STICKERS

tcrockstar

Besides the metal Shelby plate, which is found adjacent to the driver side headlamp when you open the hood, some SGT's also had a Shelby emissions sticker, in lieu of a Mustang GT emissions sticker - I think these were on some of the later models. If youre missing the Shelby plate, maybe one of the salesmen or mechanics stole it and you'll find it on ebay!!

Besides the metal Shelby plate, which is found adjacent to the driver side headlamp when you open the hood, some SGT's also had a Shelby emissions sticker, in lieu of a Mustang GT emissions sticker - I think these were on some of the later models. If youre missing the Shelby plate, maybe one of the salesmen or mechanics stole it and you'll find it on ebay!!

Thank You Very much for the replies. I have my metal plate, i was referring to the Shelby emissions sticker. Do you think I could get one from Shelby?

not every car got one....mine doesnt have it. Explanations from SAI were vague at best.

Answer basically is I dont know....but Bud would be the one to ask.

A vague answer from SAI? that's unusual....

The Shelby emissions sticker is standard on the 08's.My 07 had it plastered over the factory Ford emissions sticker.Can't see why SAI couldn't provide you with one as it seems to be a required by law deal.

The Shelby emissions sticker is standard on the 08's.My 07 had it plastered over the factory Ford emissions sticker.Can't see why SAI couldn't provide you with one as it seems to be a required by law deal.

I asked Bud about those stickers months ago when the topic first came around. Cant remeber what he said cause i dont remember much anymore But, I never got one so, i guess he could not get one?

I wish it had it though. Ads to the uniqness (sp) of the cars and tells people not to touch the darn tune and when its time for a smog check comes, i hope its a know state fact that the car is tested with xxx perameters instead of a GT standard so it don't fail????

Is there a part number anywhere on the sticker?

I dont know this is the p/n but on the bottom left of the sticker it reads in small print "LAB122806". It was my understanding the early productions cars didnt have one, however the later production cars had one. Considering your CSM # I think its safe for me to assume your car is a later production car and should have one. Mine (#5172) has one and I think we narrowed it down on the old site where they stopped putting the stickers on and believe it was somewhere in the 3,000's.

Like everyone else recommended talk to Bud at SAI and see what he says.

I think the answer to this is whether or not your car shipped from Ford meeting California Emissions standards.

Not all cars did (depending on emission standards in the state the ordering dealer resided in). Your Ford window sticker will tell you right off, whether the engine meets CA emisions.

If the car didn't ship with it, I think SAI made it 50 state legal and put their own sticker over the Ford sticker (under the hood).

Those cars that shipped CA legal, did not need the SAI sticker.

I'd be interested if this checks out with your car. If the Ford window sticker doesn't say meets CA emmission standards, then there is an SAI (50 state legal sticker) under the hood.

If the widow sticker says meets CA standards, then there is the original Ford emissions sticker under the hood.

My guess!

Archived