TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oh, No! My Stripes!

StratGirl

Wow, sorry to see that. This is exactly why I will not leave ours unattended in a parking lot. I would rather see somebody spit on my car or leave a note saying "your car sucks". I still can't understand why people do this. From your pictures, it looks like a shoe print on the left side. One of the scratches looks quite deep. Probably done with a key. Maybe you could e-mail Bud or Amy, show the pics and explain what happened, and maybe they could get you some partial stripes. Hope I never catch anybody doing this to my car. I think I'd end up in jail.

Good luck,

Dave

Sorry StratGirl, A sad sight to see. It almost looks like someone backed over it with a larger vehicle & stopped just in time before they hit the deck lid. On the good side it looks like if your lucky the paint will buff out & the stripes could be replaced. I'd hate to catch that S.O.B. :rip:

What is that?

Are the stripes the only thing affected?

Is that scuff marks of some kind or does it cut into the stripes?

Any idea what caused that?

Yea, it's hard to see from the pics, but there's gashes and tears in the stripes, but the finish is miraculously ok. Looks like someone in a truck backed into her. Horrible sight to see. Gonna call the body shop first thing Monday and schedule a fix.

What is that?

Are the stripes the only thing affected?

Is that scuff marks of some kind or does it cut into the stripes?

Any idea what caused thttp://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/redcard.gifhat?

Looks like a footprint--jealous :censored:

People that don't have nice stuff are EXTREMELY jealous of people who do. It is usually someone in there mid to late 40's, really. They have finally realized their dreams of owning a car like this, when they were younger, will never come to fruition and so they destroy what they can not have.

Frign scum of the Earth!

That's a shame; I hope youre able to get it repaired quickly. I have a similar scratch on my stripe in that area also.

Speaking of stripes, does anyone have for sale, or know if I can purchase, just the front and rear bumper stripes?

That's really a shame seeing stuff like this happen. I hope the repair is will be easy and not too costly. Guys at work make fun of the fact that I park my car far away from anyone else's car and won't park my cars at shopping malls but situations like this one just reinforce my belief. Jealous people really suck!

You hate to think someone would do this on purpose but it does look like someone in work boots or something stepped up and did a twist. Regardless it's just jealous people with nothing better to do with their time. Sounds like you may have some stripes coming and if it's any consolation they are easy to get fixed so in that sense at least they didn't do something worse.

Other than simply not driving it there isn't much you can do. People like this want you to loose your joy and make you keep it in a garage etc., their goal is to make you upset. Don't let a jerk ruin it for you. Get the stripes fixed and go drive...

Hope I never catch anybody doing this to my car. I think I'd end up in jail.

Good luck,

Dave

I can relate, hope the occassion never comes up to find out.

I know this is off topic but your sig pic is perfect!

That's a shame; I hope youre able to get it repaired quickly. I have a similar scratch on my stripe in that area also.

Speaking of stripes, does anyone have for sale, or know if I can purchase, just the front and rear bumper stripes?

Not sure about the SGTs you can for the GT500s from Ford Parts.

i always park in the back of the parking lot at work. theres a "no parking" space in one spot and i always park on either side of it and a little bit on it. that way the person parking closest to me wont be right up against my door. so far everything's A-ok. sometimes they are already occupied, but most of the time i get to take either spot. its at the very back end of the lot so nobody can park in front or behind me, because on one side its grass and the other is driving lane. also, there is no curb for me to worry about scraping my bumber on. lucky for me i guess. all i have to worry about is hail damage, or a plane or meteor landing on it. or someone going out of thier way to scratch a key on it.

i wish there was a special row where "nice vehicles only" :idea: can park where the spaces are twice as wide so u wont have to worry about some schmuck opening his car door on yours.

That sucks! I hope you can get it all taken care of! I usually just park like its a regular car, and no damage yet. I probably just jinxed myself :doh: Most places that have cameras outside can only see the first 10-15 spots.

Fatboy-do your neighbors have two stangs in the background of your sig?

That sucks! I hope you can get it all taken care of! I usually just park like its a regular car, and no damage yet. I probably just jinxed myself :doh: Most places that have cameras outside can only see the first 10-15 spots.

Fatboy-do your neighbors have two stangs in the background of your sig?

at the time yea, but later they traded the white convertable in for a yellow 07 jeep wrangler. and the silver one is thier son's. when he's in Iraq he leaves it at thier house. but he's back now. he's stationed in texas. his is a GT coupe. thier convertable was a V6

I figured you were starting some friendly competition the neighbors :hysterical2: They got some stangs and you got the Shelby! Just like that Carolla commercial.

:hysterical2: yea i was accually thinkin about gettin a jeep wrangler but decided to get a mustang. i wanted the GT500 but decided the SGT was a lil more affordable lol

but now they got a jeep and now i have jeep envy. :banghead:

ok back to topic :backtotopic:

yea i'd like to do that to the dude's head that did that to those stripes :chairshot:

Archived