TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque Certificate arrival thread

Grabber

I sent Keith Criswell an e-mail with my vin number and address for verification. His e-mail is Kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com He will send you a cert. too.

Send him a e-mail and explain it was a gift from my address and copy me on the e-mail incase he has any questions.

Almost 2 months and no certificate, now what??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i received the plaque the certificate was inside the box ..but it was in a carton folder that i almost threw away

GT500039.jpg

you can see from the photo how the certificate is tucked inside of it...and since i tried to open the box from the other side to keep the labels intact for the future, i did not see what was written on the carton folder.

GT500038.jpg

Which clearly says Certificate inside...so i almost lost the certificate and threw it away since the width of it is exactly the width of the carton folder.

• 1 month later...

Man, please dont come and burn my house down guys! Listen, I'm a customer too when I buy stuff and I know how frustrating it is to wait for something. I know its even more of a diservice when you are not responded to in a timely fashion or worse, not at all. I won't be one to make excuses other than we are extrodinarilly busy and when heirachy has to be placed on issues of importance, it can be challenging at times to ensure that everyone is satisfied, including myself. I hope you will all forgive me here for delays in the COA.

I have scoured my spreadsheet, I have gone back into shipping and have verified that there are no outstanding COA waiting to be sent anywhere here. If you have sent me an email with your info and have yet to recieve one, please feel free to email or call me directly. It sometimes might be a wait but i do take care of everyone that i can as quickly as possible. I appreciate all of you-

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Man, please dont come and burn my house down guys! Listen, I'm a customer too when I buy stuff and I know how frustrating it is to wait for something. I know its even more of a diservice when you are not responded to in a timely fashion or worse, not at all. I won't be one to make excuses other than we are extrodinarilly busy and when heirachy has to be placed on issues of importance, it can be challenging at times to ensure that everyone is satisfied, including myself. I hope you will all forgive me here for delays in the COA.

I have scoured my spreadsheet, I have gone back into shipping and have verified that there are no outstanding COA waiting to be sent anywhere here. If you have sent me an email with your info and have yet to recieve one, please feel free to email or call me directly. It sometimes might be a wait but i do take care of everyone that i can as quickly as possible. I appreciate all of you-

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Actually keith you did outstanding job and am thankful to you for sending the certificate with the plaque..i was trying in my post to draw attention to the possibility of not seeing the certificate inside the carton folder if someone tried to keep the label intact and open the box from the other side......

Again...........thx

4 months and a couple emails, I guess SAI is not going to give me a certificate....or ANSWER MY EMAILS!! :finger:

Do you have a copy of the invoice ? I know you got it as a gift, and I can't remember if you got a copy of the invoice. I know they have to verify the invoice before they send it out to you. I have a copy of the invoice. Would you like me to help you ?

How would I have the invoice if you have it? :banghead:

I thought that I made you a copy of it.

I will look for it, and take care of this for you.

I will copy you on the e-mails when I do it.

I am eating as bagel right now...so it will have to wait. :hysterical:

• 4 years later...

I ordered one of each version so I'm wondering which will arrive first. I hope the foundation can turn them around quicker.

I ordered a stamped one for my wife and I also went ahead and ordered a stamped one for me....even know I have a real signed one as shown in post #1 of this thread.

I ordered a stamped one for my wife and I also went ahead and ordered a stamped one for me....even know I have a real signed one as shown in post #1 of this thread.

Any thoughts of removing the originally signed plaque for safekeeping and installing the stamped version? The original version would look great in the same frame as the cars certificate of authenticity.

I believe you were the first to apply a protective coating on your plaque. How has it held up so far?

I wonder when the new stamped Dash Plaques will start arriving ?

We massively overwhelmed the supplier. They expected 60 or 70 orders, we sent in over 400 orders. So it may be 30 days out, and I will find a way to make it up to everyone.

Jer

Any thoughts of removing the originally signed plaque for safekeeping and installing the stamped version? The original version would look great in the same frame as the cars certificate of authenticity.

I believe you were the first to apply a protective coating on your plaque. How has it held up so far?

That was my thoughts exactly. I actually like the look of the engraved signature very well and believe it would look very nice next to my signed airbag cover that is installed. I have seen many KR's that have that same look and I like it. The protective coating on my original plaque is still looking like brand new. In fact my car still looks like new. :happy feet:

Same here, I also have a CS autographed one but thought the stamped one would be nice to have too.

At local car shows Ford fans are blown away when they find out that Carroll actually signed that piece himself.

The legend lives on!

Since I purchased my GT500 last year, did not have a chance to have CS sign the car.

A friend of mine made vinyl reproductions of the signature. I placed one on my airbag and most people don't know the difference.

Went over to Daytona for Bike week to meet a friend with the 500 and received many great comments about the car and the CS signature.

I dont claim it to be a real signature, but for people looking at it, they think it is.

Hi everyone. I'm a new 2007 Tungsten GT500 owner with a question on this subject. The original owner purchased a signed dash plaque in 2007 but never installed it. It is a version with just Carroll's signature, no vin or logos. The plaque was given to me by the selling dealership upon sale. I'm fairly certain it is authentic based on originals I have seen pictures of. I would like to seal it and install on my dash. But first I would like to make sure it is authentic. If I email Keith like the first post indicates, would he be able to verify my plaque and provide a certificate of authenticity? Does he still answer emails? Just looking for some help with this. Suggestions are certainly welcome. Thanks Much!

Jeff

Hi everyone. I'm a new 2007 Tungsten GT500 owner with a question on this subject. The original owner purchased a signed dash plaque in 2007 but never installed it. It is a version with just Carroll's signature, no vin or logos. The plaque was given to me by the selling dealership upon sale. I'm fairly certain it is authentic based on originals I have seen pictures of. I would like to seal it and install on my dash. But first I would like to make sure it is authentic. If I email Keith like the first post indicates, would he be able to verify my plaque and provide a certificate of authenticity? Does he still answer emails? Just looking for some help with this. Suggestions are certainly welcome. Thanks Much!

Jeff

Welcome to Team Shelby.

• 1 month later...

:happy feet: Mine came today. I am going to make a color copy and laminate it to keep in my glove box. The certificate is 7 inches tall X 5 inches wide. :happy feet:

th_DashPlaque045.jpg

th_DashPlaque044.jpg

Now I have Proof that the man himself signed it. :happy feet:

th_Radardetector025.jpg

Took my dash plaque out of my car. It had been in there for over 5 years. It still looks like new and was easy to remove. The hard part was removing the 3M tape from the back of the plaque. Took patience and time. I bought a nice frame for it and put my plaque on my home office wall above my desk.

002-11.jpg

Took my dash plaque out of my car. It had been in there for over 5 years. It still looks like new and was easy to remove. The hard part was removing the 3M tape from the back of the plaque. Took patience and time. I bought a nice frame for it and put my plaque on my home office wall above my desk.

002-11.jpg

That actually looks pretty good in the frame

Just got mine today, ordered it Jan 31, 2013.

A very nice looking piece, very similar to the orginal Carroll "Sharpie" signed units.

The new one has a slightly bluer tinge to the aluminum, and the vin font is a little heavier.

I am going to keep the original in my car though.

Not many people up here have even had the opportunity to meet Carroll in person, but all of the car people are well aware of him and are blown away that he actually signed the piece.

Plaque.jpg

Plaque.jpg

Just got mine today, ordered it Jan 31, 2013.

A very nice looking piece, very similar to the orginal Carroll "Sharpie" signed units.

The new one has a slightly bluer tinge to the aluminum, and the vin font is a little heavier.

I am going to keep the original in my car though.

Not many people up here have even had the opportunity to meet Carroll in person, but all of the car people are well aware of him and are blown away that he actually signed the piece.

Did you seal your original ? I ask because it looks like it has faded.

You bet, as soon as I received it and before it went into the car.

I used an artist grade Krylon clear or similar.

The signature lines where wide and not dark when I received it.

My guess is that it was probably done at the end of a Sharpie's life.

Fading should be minimal as the car is always in the garage when not in use.

In any case, I am happy to have it though :)

Archived