TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque Certificate arrival thread

Grabber

:happy feet: Mine came today. I am going to make a color copy and laminate it to keep in my glove box. The certificate is 7 inches tall X 5 inches wide. :happy feet:

th_DashPlaque045.jpg

th_DashPlaque044.jpg

Now I have Proof that the man himself signed it. :happy feet:

th_Radardetector025.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got my certificate for the autographed dash plaque today which I requested from Keith Criswell on Jan. 2 so they do take awhile. If anyone is interested that did not originally get one with the dash plaque, just send an email including your VIN and they should send you one. Keith's email address is kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com.

So how do we get this if ours was a gift? No proof of purchase. :waiting:

I sent Keith Criswell an e-mail with my vin number and address for verification. His e-mail is Kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com He will send you a cert. too.

Send him a e-mail and explain it was a gift from my address and copy me on the e-mail incase he has any questions.

:happy feet: Mine came today. I am going to make a color copy and laminate it to keep in my glove box. The certificate is 7 inches tall X 5 inches wide. :happy feet:

th_DashPlaque045.jpg

th_DashPlaque044.jpg

th_Radardetector025.jpg

Great idea on the laminate copy Grabber. I think I am going to be a copy cat....

I got mine today also.

I'm not trying to be ungrateful but I'm a little disappointed.

I don't understand why they put the cleaning instructions right in the middle of the certificate. (WTF)

A separate post-it with a warning on it would have been sufficient.

I have never seen cleaning instructions on any type of certificate before. (Never)

Alan

..got mine over the weekend; put it in my main scrapbook with the other cert of authenticity, and all the other paperwork I have managed to accumulate. Have I mentioned my 4 other smaller scrapbooks??... :hysterical2:

I actually see no reason to carry around a copy. If someone doesn't believe it is his signature, then I guess they're just an idiot, and who cares :censored:

Has anyone ever given thought to the idea that since so many owners are getting CS signatures on their cars, the only rare and truly valuable shelbys will be the ones without his signature???? :superhero:

John,

I have a laminated window sticker, SVT cert, and now this cert. My thought is that it is kind of cool to have them in the trunk to show people that are not real familiar with the car. A conversation piece.

John,

I have a laminated window sticker, SVT cert, and now this cert. My thought is that it is kind of cool to have them in the trunk to show people that are not real familiar with the car. A conversation piece.

You're right. I actually have done the same with some of my paperwork, but primarily for car shows. I also put out all of my scrapbooks. Have I mentioned that I am up to 5 :hysterical2:

I really do put out that stuff, but its in the bottom of the trunk, but I always close up the trunk if I walk away from the car at a show, the original paperwork etc is really the only stuff that's out that would be tough if impossible to replace if it vanished.

BTW John, I can't read half of your signature. :hysterical2:

it worked real well with the original darker color, but then everyone started whining about it :hysterical:

I should probably just take it all out and put some kind of cute statement in there.

as an aside, I just read today that SAAC is now taking paypal for their legal fund, and also have started a series of ebay auctions of shelby and saac stuff to raise money. That whole thing is starting to turn real weird.

got mine today too, they are great to have for shows, hats off to shelby for getting them out to us!!! and thanks Kieth for fast shipping!!! Mickey :happy feet: :headspin:

As promised by Keith, certificate arrived over the weekend.

Called a month ago, spoke with someone, they said no problem. Never heard back, never received a thing.

I sent my email last week. Got a reply, need a valid receipt...I said I was out of the country, here's my VIN, a pic of it installed in my car.

Said they were sorry, needed to have a valid receipt, no way they could tell that was there's. COMPANY POLICY.

I then discoverd that mine was an SAI purchase before SPP, not SPP, told them that and they said they didn't know what they were going to do, because supervisors said only people with valid receipts may have one.

I sent them the comfirmation from SAI on my order, and this was the last straw.

The next day after I'm sure mindboggling meetings, they emailed me and said that they could probably send it.

I'm going to check my mail in a bit and see.

I wonder if they could put 4 20" Silver Razors with it? :banghead:

..got mine over the weekend; put it in my main scrapbook with the other cert of authenticity, and all the other paperwork I have managed to accumulate. Have I mentioned my 4 other smaller scrapbooks??... :hysterical2:

I actually see no reason to carry around a copy. If someone doesn't believe it is his signature, then I guess they're just an idiot, and who cares :censored:

Has anyone ever given thought to the idea that since so many owners are getting CS signatures on their cars, the only rare and truly valuable shelbys will be the ones without his signature???? :superhero:

An unsigned copy, hmmmm. Should probably get one of each :hysterical:

John,

Keep in mind that the adhesive in the laminate may break down over time. If you plan on keeping this stuff for the long haul >10 years the preservation method must be chosen carefully. I just put my documents in a plastic document protector.

Keep in mind that the adhesive in the laminate may break down over time. If you plan on keeping this stuff for the long haul >10 years the preservation method must be chosen carefully. I just put my documents in a plastic document protector.

and make sure it is acid free and meant for archival storage (in other words, don't use the cheap crap) :superhero:

I only laminate color copies. My originals go in my notebook in sheet protectors.

I've got a window sticker, fact sheet, poster all foam boarded for car shows and my originals are put safely away.

I've got do not touch board that when set in the window track, stays there perfectly, but what's cool is, when you're walking up the side from the back, you see just the image of a Shelby in the side mirror.

th_DashPlaque045.jpg

th_DashPlaque044.jpg

th_Radardetector025.jpg

It sure is nice when people do what they say they are going to do.

Archived