TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A New Post at StangsUnleashed

ilmor

Could be wrong but I think your about 1200-1300 too high

But totally agree with the rest!

The following numbers were posted on Team Shelby site.

I just checked on availability of remaining 2007 mustangs. ALL remaining 2007 mustangs.

There are 5,534 total remaining 2007 models.

GT500 = 242 (150 coupes + 92 convertibles)

Shelby GT = 1,669

GT Mustang Coupe = 1,147 (includes roush, saleen, etc)

GT Mustang Convertible = 659

V6 Mustang Coupe = 1,409

V6 Mustang Convertible = 408

Total 2007 Mustangs = 5,534

========================================

Now look how many Shelby GT's are left compared to all the others? Is this sad or what? They made less Shelby GT's than any other model yet there are more Shelby GT's left than any of the other models.

In fact, just over 30% of all the remaining Mustangs are all Shelby GT's.

Of course, non SGT owners (GT500, GT owners) just use the number to point out that nobody wants a SGT....it's much more complex than that.

Could be wrong but I think your about 1200-1300 too high

But totally agree with the rest!

Check... you mean on the 2007 SGT.

GTG.

The following numbers were posted on Team Shelby site.

Of course, non SGT owners (GT500, GT owners) just use the number to point out that nobody wants a SGT....it's much more complex than that.

PLAYER HATERS!!! :angry:

1253 was the production number of 1968 GT 350 Fastbacks (Code 09)...

He is talking about your '07 SGT numbers being 1200 - 1300 too high; in '07 there were around 5700 SGT's produced in White and Black.

Two thougts on the posting of leftovers. For the record, the more leftovers, it just means seconds for more of us at a discount.

As far as the price, Mustang GT's a dime a dozen, a Shelby from SAI Las Vegas, PRICELESS!!

Just my opinion!!

If these cars were so plentiful I am wondering why it took me six months to get mine. My heirs will be selling mine so I really do not care much what they will be worth down the road. I just hope it is several years from now! :)

This is just my perspective.

Horsepower: 340 NA at the flywheel would have been acceptable to me.

Gearing: 373's would have been more appealing and made for a little better package.

Braking: 13" Brembo's or the equivalent should have been standard on the front like my 03 Mach 1 had.

Appearance: The hood should have been cut for the scoop to give the appearance of being functional. Although i think it looks ok, i get tired of comments about it being fake. The center gauge pod should have been standard.

EDIT: I also think the current grill should have had cutouts and retained the factory fog/driving lights.

Pricing: With all of the above, the price range would have been fine. These cars are about $3,000 to $4,000 overpriced for what you are getting IMO. With that being said, no one put a gun to my head and made me buy it. With A/Z plan and the $1,000 rebate I ended up around $4,200 off the sticker.

Whether or not they will be worth anything in the future is pure speculation. I don't think 30 or 40 years down the road they will be worth 5 or 10 times what they cost new like some of the old muscle cars. Best case scenario is they might appreciate back up to near the original sticker price IMO.

I bought the car because it was a Shelby.I could not afford a 1960's Shelby of anykind so I bought the GT.I did not pay ADM for it.I love the car for what it is.A true Shelby product.Is it under powered? Sure is. But even if we all drove Super Snakes we would be looking for mor HP.We are human and we are a greedy species.As for advertising,what better advertising than the Barret Jackson auctions this past year? With the general public Shelby would have to advertise like Mcdonalds to get into people's heads.Even if that was done the dealers ADM killed any real chance the car had to sell.For the dealers that are giving them away now I have no mercy.And when its all said and done we still own Shelby's.Happy New Year.

They haven't heard of a Shelby GT. It has no pedigree. It is all well and good to say it has the heart or the DNA of a 66 GT350 but it doesn't have that magical name. I think if it had the GT350 name, maybe 350 HP and the proper colors they really would be sold out and we would be moaning about having to pay for the ADMs.

Great thread on an even better site! Gonna miss this give n take... The other site, not the same. (yet)

I think as years go by, the 07/08 SGT will be it's own pedigree. Since when did a Shelby need something else to stand on?

I also think 350 HP would have been nice, but in no way, when I'm revving from 2nd to 3rd do I feel this car is underpowered. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't, is 6th gear. I would like to be able to say this is a 170+mph car. I run out of tach before I run out of power... When the Challenger and the Camaro come out, they'll be priced like the GT500 with ADM to boot. Neither will match a "stock" SGT in handling. In zero to 100+, no real difference.

My .02

Dan

I bought the car because it was a Shelby.I could not afford a 1960's Shelby of anykind so I bought the GT.I did not pay ADM for it.I love the car for what it is.A true Shelby product.Is it under powered? Sure is. But even if we all drove Super Snakes we would be looking for mor HP.We are human and we are a greedy species.As for advertising,what better advertising than the Barret Jackson auctions this past year? With the general public Shelby would have to advertise like Mcdonalds to get into people's heads.Even if that was done the dealers ADM killed any real chance the car had to sell.For the dealers that are giving them away now I have no mercy.And when its all said and done we still own Shelby's.Happy New Year.

Well said, I could't agree more, I too bought the car because the price was right (36k) and it wasn't "just another mustang" I bought the car because it is a true Shelby Mustang. As far as I am conserned ther are only two names I have ever cared about on cars, Shelby is one and Ferr.. what was the other one ;)

Happy new year all ! Enjoy your Shelby!

I’ve read this thread through as well as others on Stangsunleashed and I guess I’m a little confused. It seems a lot here are disappointed in: the power, the fake hood scoop, the brakes, the price the...whatever. Perhaps I was just lucky but I got to see the price before buying (got it for less than MSRP) and I got to drive it before buying. If the car didn’t trip my trigger I wouldn’t have bought it. I have no illusions of making money on it when I sell it. I’m 61 years old and plan on owning it when I check out of this world. I also plan on driving it and enjoying it. I bought it because I absolutely love the way it looks, sounds and drives. I would rather the scoop didn’t warp when the weather gets cold, but that will be fixed. Bottom line is, every time I crank it up I get this huge grin on my face and I can’t park it without looking back at it as I walk away. To me buying a car like the SGT is an emotional thing, an impulse that either you act on or walk away from. I’m extremely happy with my choice as I’m sure many of you here are. Being able to influence the powers that be (Amy & Bud etc) concerning things like the Faux Gas Cap and it’s design and whatever else we would like to see for our cars is just icing on the cake. While nothing is perfect, I’m about as stoked about this car as anything I’ve ever bought and expect to be for a long long time. It’s supposed to be cold but sunny and clear tomorrow and I’m going to start the New Year right, going for a long drive in the country. Hope some of you can do the same. :)

Happy New Year

Jim

I’ve read this thread through as well as others on Stangsunleashed and I guess I’m a little confused. It seems a lot here are disappointed in: the power, the fake hood scoop, the brakes, the price the...whatever. Perhaps I was just lucky but I got to see the price before buying (got it for less than MSRP) and I got to drive it before buying. If the car didn’t trip my trigger I wouldn’t have bought it. I have no illusions of making money on it when I sell it. I’m 61 years old and plan on owning it when I check out of this world. I also plan on driving it and enjoying it. I bought it because I absolutely love the way it looks, sounds and drives. I would rather the scoop didn’t warp when the weather gets cold, but that will be fixed. Bottom line is, every time I crank it up I get this huge grin on my face and I can’t park it without looking back at it as I walk away. To me buying a car like the SGT is an emotional thing, an impulse that either you act on or walk away from. I’m extremely happy with my choice as I’m sure many of you here are. Being able to influence the powers that be (Amy & Bud etc) concerning things like the Faux Gas Cap and it’s design and whatever else we would like to see for our cars is just icing on the cake. While nothing is perfect, I’m about as stoked about this car as anything I’ve ever bought and expect to be for a long long time. It’s supposed to be cold but sunny and clear tomorrow and I’m going to start the New Year right, going for a long drive in the country. Hope some of you can do the same. :)

Happy New Year

Jim

Great way to kick off the New Year...

Ladies and Gentleman... start your engines!!!

R/ J

It’s supposed to be cold but sunny and clear tomorrow and I’m going to start the New Year right, going for a long drive in the country. Hope some of you can do the same. :)

Happy New Year

Jim

Perfect positive attitude for the new year. It is raining here but I'm going to go to the garage and admire my Shelby. No wonder they call you Pastor Possum.

Happy New Year

Jim

+1000 I feel the same way I'm 66 and my Shelby makes me feel 20. Ok may be 40. lol Have a Wonderful Shelby New Year. Carl

Great thread on an even better site! Gonna miss this give n take... The other site, not the same. (yet)

I think as years go by, the 07/08 SGT will be it's own pedigree. Since when did a Shelby need something else to stand on?

I also think 350 HP would have been nice, but in no way, when I'm revving from 2nd to 3rd do I feel this car is underpowered. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't, is 6th gear. I would like to be able to say this is a 170+mph car. I run out of tach before I run out of power... When the Challenger and the Camaro come out, they'll be priced like the GT500 with ADM to boot. Neither will match a "stock" SGT in handling. In zero to 100+, no real difference.

My .02

Dan

what makes this Shelby stand out from the Shelbys of yesteryear is that its a true road car. the handling makes up for the tiny extra 19hp. u can always slap on a supercharger....

hey how about this supercharger?

:lol:

Happy New Year

Jim

Pastor i'm not disappointed with my car, although my previous post might have led some to believe that. I wouldn't have bought it if i didn't like it either. I justed listed some things i thought the Shelby GT should have had standard, considering the name attached to it. It's just my opinion and nothing more.

A/Z plan and the rebate i received is probably the best you can do as far as price goes up to this point. I also drove one (not mine since i ordered) before i bought and knew what i was buying. I also have no illusions about making money on this car. I have never purchased a car with that intent, since i consider them a depreciating asset. There are a lot smarter places to invest money.

I am 54 years old and honestly can't say if this is the car i will have when i take the dirt nap. I have owned a lot different perf. cars thru my life (not all Fords) and would like to own more. After all, variety is the spice of life.

Happy New Year!

It’s supposed to be cold but sunny and clear tomorrow and I’m going to start the New Year right, going for a long drive in the country. Hope some of you can do the same. :)

Happy New Year

Jim

Perfect positive attitude for the new year. It is raining here but I'm going to go to the garage and admire my Shelby. No wonder they call you Pastor Possum.

That's the next best thing SGT3369. I've done quite a bit of that as well in the last 3 months. Happy New Year :)

Jim

Pastor i'm not disappointed with my car, although my previous post might have led some to believe that. I wouldn't have bought it if i didn't like it either. I justed listed some things i thought the Shelby GT should have had standard, considering the name attached to it. It's just my opinion and nothing more.

A/Z plan and the rebate i received is probably the best you can do as far as price goes up to this point. I also drove one (not mine since i ordered) before i bought and knew what i was buying. I also have no illusions about making money on this car. I have never purchased a car with that intent, since i consider them a depreciating asset. There are a lot smarter places to invest money.

I am 54 years old and honestly can't say if this is the car i will have when i take the dirt nap. I have owned a lot different perf. cars thru my life (not all Fords) and would like to own more. After all, variety is the spice of life.

Happy New Year!

STL, my post wasn't directed at you. I went back and reread your post and I pretty much agree with your comments. Nothing's perfect, but still we can wish for better. Like you said, no one put a gun to any of our heads and made us buy. I'm enjoying it for what it is and am just happy to have the opportunity to do so :D

Happy New Year

Jim

Here is Western New York the very first SGT arrived at the dealerships in early April, to the best I can recall. Only 9 months ago. Most of the rest of the Shelby GT's arrived in July or later. 6 months ago.

I think the GT-500's , in addition to late '06 advertising arrived early January. 12 months ago.

The '07 Mustang GT's were in dealer showroom's in Oct '06. 15 months ago.

So, maybe time in the showrooms explains a good part of the difference.

Also, many people still do not know the SGT exists, and that it isn't priced as high as a GT-500.

To me buying a car like the SGT is an emotional thing, an impulse that either you act on or walk away from

That's how I ended up with one. Despite my critism of the GGT, price, and 19hp, I bought one because I saw the blue 08s and had to have one one. :)

I don't fault those that come to a different decision and don't purchase a SGT because any of the above, because I can see their point of view (and agree). But you don't buy a car like this based on logic. Either you really want one or you don't.

Pretty much me too. I hadn't "fallen in lust" with a car since the E320... I saw the press about the BJ GT and liked the convertible and the color scheme.

Plus the Challenger isn't available yet. :)

It's gonna be a fun car. A definite weekend "let's go for a drive" or for our summer trips to Vegas. I'd rented a regular 6-cyl Mustang convertible a few years ago to drive to Vegas. Even the 6 was "peppy" in the mountains. The 8 with a blower is gonna be a rocket.

Personally, I think the SGT is a great car for the money (I paid $37.8K). Again, all the value is not in the horsepower; I don't know why so many people focus solely on the horsepower number. Heck, I haven't been able to fully use the 319 hp that I have.

Come on ilmor, you got to get it out of 2nd gear.....................

Come on ilmor, you got to get it out of 2nd gear.....................

:lol: yeah, I know...I hope to get some track time at least once next year....wait, I mean this year.... :rolleyes:

Well said, I could't agree more, I too bought the car because the price was right (36k) and it wasn't "just another mustang" I bought the car because it is a true Shelby Mustang. As far as I am conserned ther are only two names I have ever cared about on cars, Shelby is one and Ferr.. what was the other one ;)

Happy new year all ! Enjoy your Shelby!

Same here!! When I drove this car it reminded me of old 70's muscle cars again-guess I'm showing my age. The car is REALLY FUN!

To tell you how much I like this car, my Vette is up for sale! :D

Archived